What's new

China gives 136 billion RS loan for nuclear power plants

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad: China has provided a loan of Rs 136 billion for two nuclear power plants that
Pakistan expects to commission by 2016, the state-run media reported on Friday. The power plants of 340MW each are being built with Chinese assistance at the
Chashma nuclear complex in Punjab province. The "construction of these power plants became
possible after a long-standing agreement", official
sources were quoted as saying by APP news agency. The total cost of the two plants is Rs 190 billion and
they will be partially funded by a Chinese loan of Rs
136 billion, the sources said. The Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission has
allocated Rs 34.6 billion a "major chunk" of its budget
for the C3 and C4 nuclear power plants at Chashma. The government has so far spent Rs 62.4 billion on
the Chashma project, and with the additional spending of Rs 34.6 billion, authorities
believe almost half of the work on the two new power plants will be completed by
June 2013, the sources said. The two plants are expected to be commissioned by 2016 and three other power plants
that have already been commissioned are "performing well", the sources said. PAEC has plans to produce 8,800 MW of nuclear power by 2030. According to an unnamed official in the Ministry of Science and Technology, the
government is harmonising efforts in the energy sector by different ministries,
departments and research centres by creating an "Energy Council" with heads of
relevant organisations. The council will advise authorities on priority areas for research and development and
on management of resources. "Acquisition of technology for building nuclear power reactors through research and
development, as well as transfer of technology agreements, is also in consideration," the
official said.

What is the rate of interest...I think Japan/West is giving very cheap fund...

@Luftwaffe China brings dollars, America brings drones. Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the rate of interest...I think Japan/West is giving very cheap fund...

Their macinery is being used soi guess the loan is more in material than currency.
This deal has been delaying for about 30 years if not more.
When my dad was in FWO- He used to talk if plans to widen KKH so that chinese nuclear macinery can be transported by road.
Finally its happening.

What's the interest rate China impose on these loans ?

@Luftwaffe China brings dollars, America brings drones. Your thoughts?

I Think China wants a very stable Pakistan to do Economic Business with and for that it is working in every possible way to to solve Energy crisis so that work does not stop look at this way if common Pakistanis have more money the buying power would be strong and China has taken over the world market from needle to phones to you name them. When you see China flows alot of dollars to the Nation be sure China has spotted Golden Opportunity and Gold [metaphorically], My opinion is China sees the best investment return in Pakistan for the Future. Lets Name it Gawadar, The Gold Mines, Copper Mining, Salt Mining, Energy Sector, Gas, Coal...

U.S is taking its anger on Pakistan for all the bad things happened to it because of themselves and because they see losing Pakistan in all the ways to China. Next Election and PTI will be the last nail in the coffin I assure you because greater investment is coming to Pakistan and business are going to be a boom.

Anything that helps Pakistan in strongest way we should get the loans for it from China/Turkey, strictly not IMF-World Bank-Islamic fraud Bank, US, Europe or Arabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you guys compare china's loan w.r.t. the loan from IMF??

any benefits??

Back
Top Bottom