What's new

China Conducts Test of New Anti-Satellite Missile

Wrong, the US threatened to destroy Galileo if Galileo was used in an attack against the US. The threat was not China specific and its intent was to force the Europeans to use seperate frequencies for civilian and military .US Congress has withdrawn funding for projects that destroy satellites in space (due to debris). Since then the focus has been on in-theatre temporary reversible denial of service. So if the US wants to deny Iran the use of Chinese space based assets it will use ground based Counter Communications Systems that became operational in 2004. CCS uses ground based jammers for in theater denial causing no damage or loss of service to other users of the system.

The US battle effectiveness or the effectiveness of JDAM and precision munitions will not be degraded by loss of MEO GPS satellite constellation. Plan B involves the use of interoperable systems that belong to our allies, Plan C involves the use of hundreds of commercial LEO satellites. Plan D involves ORS launch of satellites by ICBM (MinuteMan missiles). Plan E involves the re-activation of LORAN systems that still cover most of the world. Plan F deployment of LOCATA that has been in exclusive use in White Sand AFB for several years.Of course if all goes to $hit we always have autonomous precision inertial navigation system such as PINS and TIMU drift corrected by PTAN that use digital terrain elevation data (DTED).

I'm too lazy to provide citations for the above but you can google LOCATA, DARPA PINS,TIMU and Honeywell PTAN.

None of the backup you cite will have the accuracy that GPS constellation provided. I do know TERCOM and laser guided ammunition can still be used. But those things have their limitation. Mid course update for any program system will still need the GPS signal for final precise location.

As for Galileo, its a very clear signal from US that they target it at China with that message. They threaten European partner to cut off signal for China in case of military usage against US interest if not destruction of Galileo.

can you understand what I have written:

Yes, shuttler, i wrote it in that way because you seem to think only GPS matters and that GPS signals are the only thing transmitted by satellites. This whole thread can be summed up with "Puff, no satellites, hahahaha, say goodbye to JDAM and hello to defeat"

you better think twice before you desire to scoop up our satellites in space

I see you haven't been able to come to a conclusion. A pity.

None of the backup you cite will have the accuracy that GPS constellation provided. I do know TERCOM and laser guided ammunition can still be used. But those things have their limitation. Mid course update for any program system will still need the GPS signal for final precise location.

As for Galileo, its a very clear signal from US that they target it at China with that message. They threaten European partner to cut off signal for China in case of military usage against US interest if not destruction of Galileo.

You haven't bothered to do your research. These are GPS replacement systems with comparable or superior performance.

The technology that promises GPS precision without using GPS is called Precision Terrain Aided Navigation, or PTAN. It has been under development at Honeywell Defense and Space Electronic Systems, in Minneapolis, since 1997, as an internal investment research and development (IR&D) program. In 2000 the Navy awarded a contract to Honeywell to establish a PTAN demonstration program that would be managed by the service’s Tomahawk program office.
PTAN is a logical extension of Honeywell’s radar altimeter business. The company has delivered more than 100,000 radar altimeters over a 40-year period. Its APN-209 radar altimeter has become standard on U.S. Army helicopters, and its APN-194 has the same status on U.S. Navy aircraft. The U.S. Air Force, too, has acquired many Honeywell radar altimeters. In fact, Honeywell is developing the radar altimeter for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. And there are even Honeywell radar altimeters on Mars, installed in the Mars landing craft for the Exploration Rover and Pathfinder.

Yes, shuttler, i wrote it in that way because you seem to think only GPS matters and that GPS signals are the only thing transmitted by satellites. This whole thread can be summed up with "Puff, no satellites, hahahaha, say goodbye to JDAM and hello to defeat"

the whole thread was about our ability to shoot down something high in orbit. US have a lot of C4ISR and Northrop's BACN is just one system in their family. No one can deny the importance of GSP and the us dependence on it

I see you haven't been able to come to a conclusion. A pity.

with all the space system that the us has made available, we have demonstrated our ability to take down their most important system
and your BACN and "Janitor" are peripherals

A pity for you not to derive conclusion for this on your own

the whole thread was about our ability to shoot down something high in orbit. US have a lot of C4ISR and Northrop's BACN is just one system in their family. No one can deny the importance of GSP and the us dependence on it

with all the space system that the us has made available, we have demonstrated our ability to take down their most important system
and your BACN and "Janitor" are peripherals

You have demonstrated that you still need another 10 km of altitude. GPS flies at 20 km. Sorry cupcake.
This thread, like many is about you blowing hot air or blowing your achievements (which are no small feat in their own) out of proportion. Smoke and mirrors shuttler, once again.

btw, in your next post, if there is no explanation of the missing 10 km, don't even bother with sowing your stuff on what you have demonstrated.

A pity for you not to derive conclusion for this on your own

lol, you really are non intelligent.
Let me help you, it's a swarm tactic vs one ASAT missile. IE ~6 mini satellites separating and taking out several satellites as opposed to just one. The expendable part meant they are cheap
You keep this up for a prolonged period of time and pretty soon you have a cost advantage IE you spend less on taking out x number of satellites then the other guy.

But of course, you already knew that and i'm sure there's already some Dong-le missile ready in reply.

Assume that is true. Are you so certain that the PLA leadership will casually dismiss US?

You have demonstrated that you still need another 10 km of altitude. GPS flies at 20 km. Sorry cupcake.
This thread, like many is about you blowing hot air or blowing your achievements (which are no small feat in their own) out of proportion. Smoke and mirrors shuttler, once again.

btw, in your next post, if there is no explanation of the missing 10 km, don't even bother with sowing your stuff on what you have demonstrated.

lol, you really are non intelligent.
Let me help you, it's a swarm tactic vs one ASAT missile. IE ~6 mini satellites separating and taking out several satellites as opposed to just one. The expendable part meant they are cheap
You keep this up for a prolonged period of time and pretty soon you have a cost advantage IE you spend less on taking out x number of satellites then the other guy.

But of course, you already knew that and i'm sure there's already some Dong-le missile ready in reply.

how high can our DN reach and how high is gps orbiting mr einstein!
The name of the missile is called Dong Neng, you cant be able to learn it newton! I give you a year to memorize the spelling!

how high can our DN reach and how high is gps orbiting mr einstein!

lol silly man....you keep spinning the web:

On GPS satellites:

GPS satellites fly in medium Earth orbit (MEO) at an altitude of approximately 20,200 km. Each satellite circles the Earth twice a day.

GPS.gov: Space Segment

On recent test:

The rocket reached 10,000 km (6,250 miles) above Earth

U.S. sees China launch as test of anti-satellite muscle: source | Reuters

Can you subtract 10.000 from 20.000?

The name of the missile is called Dong Neng, you cant be able to learn it newton! I give you a year to memorize the spelling!

Dongle is another word for a USB key. ie im trolling the name of the missile, but you don't even get that lol.
My standards are too high, even math is challenging for you. Maybe you should start smoking chillum (whatever that is) and be smart like me.

lol silly man....you keep spinning the web:

On GPS satellites:

GPS.gov: Space Segment

On recent test:

U.S. sees China launch as test of anti-satellite muscle: source | Reuters

Can you subtract 10.000 from 20.000?

Dongle is another word for a USB key. ie im trolling the name of the missile, but you don't even get that lol.
My standards are too high, even math is challenging for you. Maybe you should start smoking chillum (whatever that is) and be smart like me.

you are feeling hard to keep one of the weakest part of your body function again alongside your pal

answer the simple questions on post 52 then you know how close you are from the level of newton / einstein!
forget about my replying to your drag-ons if you cant even answer the questions!

you are feeling hard to keep one of the weakest part of your body function again alongside your pal

answer the simple questions on post 52 then you know how close you are from the level of newton / einstein!
forget about my replying to your drag-ons if you cant even answer the questions!

shuttler, the answers to post #52 are in my previous post, ie post #53. But i'll repeat it once more since you are not registering-Dongle reached 10.000km, GPS is at 20.000 km.
Is 50 cents really that important that you continuously make a fool out of yourself? Even by not acknowledging simple math?
You're not even funny anymore, just sad.

It seems that the actual altitude of this test is about 36000km.

Since "ten thousand" is an unit, more than ten thousand can be thing between 10001 to 99999 in the expression of the Chinese language.

According to the original Chinese report, the experiment takes about an hour.

Öйú"ÈËÔ켫¹â"ÊÔÑé¸ß¶ÈÉÏÍò¹«Àï ³ÖÐø1Сʱ_ÍøÒ×ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄ

While the velocity to escape Earth's gravity is 11.2km/s, so 11.2 * 3600 = 40320km.

Escape velocity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The test takes an hour with a velocity of 11.2km/s, so you can guessestimate the real altitude here.

BTW, China is playing the game with USA, because we are using the space program for peaceful purpose, while USA can afford to lose more face, so China's test can never exceed the 10280km altitude record set by USA, lmao, what an ostrich regime and people who can't face the reality that China's GEO ASAT has simply blown them out of water. :coffee:

shuttler, the answers to post #52 are in my previous post, ie post #53. But i'll repeat it once more since you are not registering-Dongle reached 10.000km, GPS is at 20.000 km.
Is 50 cents really that important that you continuously make a fool out of yourself? Even by not acknowledging simple math?
You're not even funny anymore, just sad.

nothin' good from you other than using banned labels to attack personally on me I guess you dont have much of an education in india:

per the article of the OP:

The DN-2 is said to be capable of hitting targets in high-earth orbit between 12,000 and 22,236 miles above earth. Many military, intelligence, and commercial satellites orbit at that altitude.

and per posting # 14:

Asked for comment, Pentagon spokeswoman Lt. Col Monica Matoush told the Daily Report on Wednesday: "We detected a launch on May 13 from within China. The launch appeared to be on a ballistic trajectory nearly to geosynchronous Earth orbit.

plus post #56 then tell me the how high can our missile reach if you can comprehend all the quotes above!

this is just a deterrent technology which is rogue and primitive, space junk at that attitude will never decline, they will pose a serious threat to the space based properties of the whole world including China, that is, it is meant for defence only, if a war between Taiwan and China breaks out, you better throw your promise of protecting Taiwan into rubbish bin, or else, China is capable of making sure there will be no winner in the war.

Wait China truly develop a clean satellite killer - Chinese X-37B.

Yeah, China is primitive, and guess who is the primitive wannabe here. :coffee:

India developing anti-satellite weapons

Back
Top Bottom