What's new

China backing out on power project

WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
6,600MW Gadani power project put on back burner - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

China is here for self interest. This "Deeper than deepest ocean" blah blah is only because if Chinese interest in region. If US was our neighbour, it'd be same story.

China isn't doing us any favor, rather we're doing them a favor due to the amount of concessions they get.

First lesson of economics class: There is no free lunch and there only exists self interest. The sooner my fellow majority Pakistanis realize this, the sooner Pakistan can grow stronger. Until then, it's a third world country and a puppet state. It has to dance to the tunes of international aid. "We give you X, if you do X for us, even if it means going against your religion or cultural values."

Last edited:
Earlier also some 30 bn USD+ investment was announced by china.

I do not think that Pakistan can boost its economy without having a good relation ship with India. India can certainly provide affordable power to Pakistan if we explore the possibility in right direction.

If Gadani is put in back burner, bring Adani in.

Adani has an ultra mega power plant in gujarat and supplies Gujarat government a power at a very low rate of around rs 2.60 per unit. Some time ago, there were some talk of buying power by Pakistan from India.

Last edited:
You can not fault China. They are not responsible for solving your problems. Why don't you build the power plants yourselves? If Iran can build its own hydroelectric, combined cycle thermal and wind power plants, then why can't you?

Come on Hari, you know that comment is silly.

No Dear water car I am serious. We have a lots of potential which need to be exploited. I am very optimistic. you know.

You can not fault China. They are not responsible for solving your problems. Why don't you build the power plants yourselves? If Iran can build its own hydroelectric, combined cycle thermal and wind power plants, then why can't you?

Exactly. skill development shall be an additional advantage.

China is here for self interest. This "Deeper than deepest ocean" blah blah is only because if Chinese interest in region. If US was our neighbour, it'd be same story.

China isn't doing us any favor, rather we're doing them a favor due to the amount of concessions they get.

To attract investment a nation needs to be attractive for someone to put his money where his mouth is.

I am happy this realization is dawning.

Pakistan has little to offer in exchange for investment other than itself. This lasts only upto a point.

--
no one for charity..
u can expect a bit from west... but not from china..
they are pure businessmen...if balance sheet does not favour.. frishship is sinking ship

When will Pakistan do a RCA for failed investments?

Chill out . They will sign during Xi Jinping visit for pakistan day . This what they do . Just to make his trip most important for pakistan . I guess

They will need some one to junk their cheep goods.

Chill out . They will sign during Xi Jinping visit for pakistan day . This what they do . Just to make his trip most important for pakistan . I guess

No it is already done that can not be done again and again.

If power sector is neglected the growth engine of nation will limp. Pakistan needs to prioritize power requirements and its security.

For that, expecting somebody else to do the job for them wont work in this age.
Pakistan needs to invent its own way and find fund by its own in a fast time otherwise political chaos will prevail .
There are a lot of political parties hungry for an opportunity to put up anarchy at the time of crisis.

Good you guys have started realizing this. The Chinese are only interested in Pakistan for their own security interests vis a vis India. They are using Pakistan to only keep its flank secure. They have their own economic interests in mind too as seen in the road they are constructing to Gwadar from Kashgar in China for accessibility to the Middle East via the Strait of Hormuz.

And these are the only two reasons they are molly coddling Pakistan - for their own national/economic interests.

In geopolitics, there are no permanent friends, only permanent interests. The sooner Pakistan realises this the better.

PMLN has zero credibility. they loot and plunder.. koe bhi asay logo kay sath investment kiyon karay ga.. take your own example, you support pmln and nawaz like a slave, yet when it comes to invest in pakistan, you shy away like nawaz himself !

Good you guys have started realizing this. The Chinese are only interested in Pakistan for their own security interests vis a vis India. They are using Pakistan to only keep its flank secure. They have their own economic interests in mind too as seen in the road they are constructing to Gwadar from Kashgar in China for accessibility to the Middle East via the Strait of Hormuz.

And these are the only two reasons they are molly coddling Pakistan - for their own national/economic interests.

In geopolitics, there are no permanent friends, only permanent interests. The sooner Pakistan realises this the better.
I always realized this.

It's jut that most Pakistanis don't admit and consider this an actual friendship. I even got negative ratings for it.

We're only here for China for her pleasure. China will do investments only if it helps her, not us. Even America gives us aid because we do their work of counter terrorism or previously, anti soviet stuff or keep being aligned with the US.

I take economics and our first lesson was, there is no free lunch and there is only self interest. The sooner majority of Pakistanis realize it will be the time Pakistan can finally grow and come out of being a nation that survives on the help of others.

Back
Top Bottom