What's new

China air force covers North Taiwan with Russian-built missiles

GJ's morale is just as bad as the iraqis were. they don't even train in temperatures higher than 33 degrees and their soldiers watch AV in the barracks.

¹ú¾üÍþÎä 33¡ãÒÔÉϲ»³ö²Ù(Ò³ 1) - ¾üʳ©Ì¸ - ¡º ³¬¼¶´ó±¾ÓªÂÛ̳ ¡» ³¬È»ÎïÍâ ÓÐÈÝÄË´ó - Powered by Discuz! Archiver

young men with connections escape to overseas to avoid military service.

their AWAC system is only 4 E-2, a light carrier based AWAC instead of something like the KJ-2000 comparable to a large AWAC like the E-3.

their air force is dwarfed by even our naval air force.

low discipline, low morale, low technology, low numbers. Sounds like another Iraq, except this Iraq has the backing of the US.

below_freezing,

I know what you mean! I have a feeling that our government is not sure what to do with taiwan either, it goes through periods of soft and tough policies with very little progress, in the end out of frustration it introduced the "anti-secession" law to show its bottom line and put the ball in Taiwan's court: China will by law go to war if Taiwan declares independence, the rest is entirely up to them. Incidentally, this anti-secession law is proposed by a professor (余元洲) from the Jianghan University, Wuhan, which is your current city ;-)

I think what many taiwan people don't see is that in order to achieve rapid modernization, there will have to be hard work and a 1.3 bln people democracy will simply take too long to get things done, China's current approach of letting the political and academic elites debating internally and setting the social policies is a more pragmatic approach.

With China gets more developed and its people better educated, the younger generation progresses through the ranks of CCP will open up more to the public, compare what China had back in Mao's era our politics nowadays are way more open. The current president Hu Jintao went through the cultural revolution and he is still very conservative, wait till our generation becomes the backbone of China, things will be even more different.

I'm an optimist and tend to look for the bright side of things :partay: for thousands of years our country has done quite okay, why not this time (as long as there is no war involving us)? Taiwan will come around eventually, even if it takes time. :D :D

below_freezing,

I know what you mean! I have a feeling that our government is not sure what to do with taiwan either, it goes through periods of soft and tough policies with very little progress, in the end out of frustration it introduced the "anti-secession" law to show its bottom line and put the ball in Taiwan's court: China will by law go to war if Taiwan declares independence, the rest is entirely up to them. Incidentally, this anti-secession law is proposed by a professor (余元洲) from the Jianghan University, Wuhan, which is your current city ;-)

I think what many taiwan people don't see is that in order to achieve rapid modernization, there will have to be hard work and a 1.3 bln people democracy will simply take too long to get things done, China's current approach of letting the political and academic elites debating internally and setting the social policies is a more pragmatic approach.

With China gets more developed and its people better educated, the younger generation progresses through the ranks of CCP will open up more to the public, compare what China had back in Mao's era our politics nowadays are way more open. The current president Hu Jintao went through the cultural revolution and he is still very conservative, wait till our generation becomes the backbone of China, things will be even more different.

I'm an optimist and tend to look for the bright side of things :partay: for thousands of years our country has done quite okay, why not this time (as long as there is no war involving us)? Taiwan will come around eventually, even if it takes time. :D :D

:china: I think mr. Hu is doing a great job, compared to the last "open" chairman mr. Jiang who i've heard was corrupt and made huge profits for his son... at least Hu's clean, and doesn't mess with my personal life.

also, our 80's generation, and especially our 90's generation, are far more nationalistic than the old people. the ones calling for "核平台湾“are not the people in their 40's and 50's. :azn: let's hope, for the sake of the people on taiwan, that they don't wait for the 80's generation, or god forbid, the 90's generation, to come to power. because then we'll be talking with something more forceful, and just as our military strength is high too.

democracy has nothing to do with corruption either; india is "democratic" and one of the most corrupt countries in the world... mr. Chen was also a huge corrupt official and got to be "president" while taking orders straight from Washington.

:china: I think mr. Hu is doing a great job, compared to the last "open" chairman mr. Jiang who i've heard was corrupt and made huge profits for his son... at least Hu's clean, and doesn't mess with my personal life.

also, our 80's generation, and especially our 90's generation, are far more nationalistic than the old people. the ones calling for "核平台湾“are not the people in their 40's and 50's. :azn: let's hope, for the sake of the people on taiwan, that they don't wait for the 80's generation, or god forbid, the 90's generation, to come to power. because then we'll be talking with something more forceful, and just as our military strength is high too.

democracy has nothing to do with corruption either; india is "democratic" and one of the most corrupt countries in the world... mr. Chen was also a huge corrupt official and got to be "president" while taking orders straight from Washington.

Agreed democracy does not guarantee corruption free, the UK's MP expenses on their second homes in London etc etc was all over the news a year ago.

Tell you a funny story, I'm now working on a little island ("democratic" of course) away from the UK, the PM here is so God damn corrupt that he gives bailouts to a private bank that is personally close to him, sacked the chief government finance auditor for pointing out a black hole in the government's budget, raised the island's income tax to cover his budget deficit and when his party planned a vote of no-confidence on his premiership, the night before the vote he called in his ministers one by one to ask them to sign a "pledge of allegiance" in him or face consequences, and after all that he's still in power lol...

Hu is still too conservative I think, (not that this has done China any bad), but I hope we have a new president that's a bit more out-going and is capable of more foreign diplomatic charm, drop the iron curtain feel will greatly improve your perception by foreign countries even if your policies don't actually change much. The leaders in "democratic" countries do it all the time, it's called "spin", its tactics are very pathetic once you know the game but it works with the general public very well.

<Sounds like another Iraq, except this Iraq has the backing of the US.>

But the US has acknowledged Taiwan is part of China (it was reiterated again during Nixon's China diplomacy).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom