What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Brother as far as we seen domestic engine on j20 is non TVC

Yes, but we are referring to this one in the middle!

J-20 engine comparisons + text.jpg

Care to explain, why you think it is not a TVC-nozzle? IMO it looks remarkably like the WS-10B-3 on the J-10B testbed, maybe it is even the same engine but to say it is no TVC needs at least an explanation!!??

Hard to tell from such a blurry image but the petals seem longer than what is on WS-10B-3.

There is no confirmation that this engine is WS-15 on this j20, its just a rumors

That's exactly what I noted, but you claimed it is NOT a TVC nozzle, which is irrelevant from the question is it a WS-10 TVC or the WS-15 ... at least in my opinion it is clearly a TVC-nozzle regardless what engine.

That's exactly what I noted, but you claimed it is NOT a TVC nozzle, which is irrelevant from the question is it a WS-10 TVC or the WS-15 ... at least in my opinion it is clearly a TVC-nozzle regardless what engine.
Isn't nonTVC version of ws-10 are being utilize on j20 according to various senior Chinese members here on PDF sir?

Isn't nonTVC version of ws-10 are being utilize on j20 according to various senior Chinese members here on PDF sir?
But then the image of 2 different engine install on J-20 prototype testing is not about operational J-20. The rumour of WS-15 tested onboard is very credible because clearly the 2 engine running on the J-20 are different from each other.

You are clearly confusing yourself between prototype testing and operational units.

But then the image of 2 different engine install on J-20 prototype testing is not about operational J-20. The rumour of WS-15 tested onboard is very credible because clearly the 2 engine running on the J-20 are different.

You are clearly confusing yourself between prototype testing and operational units.
Brother may be TVC version of ws-10 is being tessted on this j-20, ws-15 is just a rumor

Hard to tell from such a blurry image but the petals seem longer than what is on WS-10B-3.
It's not to difficult to spot the different. The segregation between each petal are wide and clear. It matches the TVC used by the J-10C demonstrator during Zuhai 2018 airshow.

Surely, its a TVC engine on the J-20. If u look clearly at AL-31FN and WS-10C, there is virtually very little gap between each petal. Almost no thick , clear outline.
Brother may be TVC version of ws-10 is being tessted on this j-20, ws-15 is just a rumor
So now u admits it's TVC engine?

The chief designer Yang Wei had mention the TVC will have penalty of thrust reduction vs non TVC version. Surely PLAAF will be more willing to added TVC on the 18tons thrust WS-15 for operational units compare to 14tons thrust WS-10C.

As for the J-10C TVC during Zuhai 2018, clearly they mention it as a tech demonstrator to verify the feasible of Chinese TVC technology.

I am quite sure the rumour of WS-15 tested on this J-20 is quite credible since the penalty of TVC on a 18ton thrust WS-15 will be negligible as WS-15 TVC might have a 10% reduction which still gives it a good thrust of more than 16tons.

The chief designer Yang Wei had mention the TVC will have penalty of thrust reduction vs non TVC version. Surely PLAAF will be more willing to added TVC on the 18tons thrust WS-15 for operational units compare to 14tons thrust WS-10C.

As for the J-10C TVC during Zuhai 2018, clearly they mention it as a tech demonstrator to verify the feasible of Chinese TVC technology.

I am quite sure the rumour of WS-15 tested on this J-20 is quite credible since the penalty of TVC on a 18ton thrust WS-15 will be negligible as WS-15 TVC might have a 10% reduction which still gives it a good thrust of more than 16tons.
You have no proofs that this engine is ws-15 brother

You are correct but sometimes we need to use abit of logic to grasp the correct answer.

Is it better to add TVC on WS-10C or WS-15 with the penalty of thrust reduction taken into consideration?
Let's agree to disagree but I think it's a TVC version of WS-10 for testing rather than ws-15

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom