What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Perhaps not for who it's fighting in the merge but it's in trouble there because it doesn't have a lock on after launch missile and doens't appear to be very agile. Not sure if it has a gun but I'll assume it does. It relies on the traditional methods of dog fighting in that case. And any missile launched on it near of from afar will benefit form the extra signature of those missiles. Does J-20 incorporate any IR stealth? It's engines don't seem very far into the airframe and I haven't heard anything about that. Who knows when ws-15 will come out but it sounds like it's still delayed, I keep hearing mixed messages.

I don't know if the PL-10 has lock on after launch missile currently, but I do know that the F-22 doesn't have it (currently) and the F-35 will only be getting the feature in the near future since they still have to carry the AIM-9X on external pylons. Interviews with J-20 pilots as well as the latest video from the Zhuhai Expo seems to indicate that the J-20 is designed with agility in mind, so I don't know what you are basing the "doesn't seem to be very agile" on.

I think what ozranger meant was that there is some disruption to the aerodynamics when the side bays are open.

I don't know if the PL-10 has lock on after launch missile currently, but I do know that the F-22 doesn't have it (currently) and the F-35 will only be getting the feature in the near future since they still have to carry the AIM-9X on external pylons. Interviews with J-20 pilots as well as the latest video from the Zhuhai Expo seems to indicate that the J-20 is designed with agility in mind, so I don't know what you are basing the "doesn't seem to be very agile" on.

I think what ozranger meant was that there is some disruption to the aerodynamics when the side bays are open.
What about the helmet sights? Obviously f-35 has one and if I'm not mistaken f-22 will get one soon as it's been made a priority. Does J-20 have one or are they developing one? I question the agility of J-20 because I don't hear much touting of it, it doesn't appear to have thrust vectoring and there haven't been exercises that have been published showcasing it good or bad. It seems to be a design trying to tick off the boxes but it's main strength seems to be range but I don't know what that is either. There just isn't much info on J-20 so making comparisons is hard.

What about the helmet sights? Obviously f-35 has one and if I'm not mistaken f-22 will get one soon as it's been made a priority. Does J-20 have one or are they developing one?

PL-10 has off-bore capabilities, so they are definitely developing one if there isn't one already. The Raptor will definitely get one since it received upgrades to use AIM-9X.

Any idea, where this is?

J-20A 5x at xxx - 20181112.jpg

4 Chinese stealth J-20s fly near Chinese airport

https://www.sinodefenceforum.com

Oh come on!! Is there a reason to start again this IMO completely irrelevant question??? First as a separate thread, now as a post again and the same at the SDF?? :hitwall:

YES, there have been four J-20s at Zhuhai yesterday ... what's so special? :crazy:

Oh come on!! Is there a reason to start again this IMO completely irrelevant question??? First as a separate thread, now as a post again and the same at the SDF?? :hitwall:

YES, there have been four J-20s at Zhuhai yesterday ... what's so special? :crazy:
He is a troll

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom