What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

I don't have the patience to deal with stupidity today.[/QUOTE
I don't have the patience to deal with stupidity today.
In which angle its look like a J-20 and F-16 XL combo/hybrid??? @Cookie Monster :crazy::hitwall: JH-20 is delta wing design with LERX, F-16 XL has crank delta wing design,b a wholly different plan-form design take a look @Cookie Monster :hitwall::hitwall:
103224zk0n2qhxed0e0lrx.jpg
aag.jpg

now show me where are the similarity on both Jet @Cookie Monster o_O:what:

ok im stupid:p: and do research before you making a post @Cookie Monster :blah::blah:

Dear bros how many J-20's are there flying with the WS-15, or is still undergoing more tests?

Oh ok that's what I thought. I can't wait to see the WS-15 powering the J-20, that will be the ultimate milestone.
I wanna see it with WS15 and TVC(if they decide to add TVC)...together with canards, that kind of maneuverability would be magnificent to witness.

...though it may be entirely unnecessary to add TVC...but one can hope :partay:

Oh ok that's what I thought. I can't wait to see the WS-15 powering the J-20, that will be the ultimate milestone.
China can produce anything by itself, which can't be bought from abroad.
Maybe, USA should do a better job.

J-20 is currently flying with a hybrid engine which has more thrust than standard AL-31F.

I personally believe it is an improved version manufactured by PLAAF's own facilities. I think they didn't change the structure but only upgraded the material and applied a higher temperature to it.

J-20 is currently flying with a hybrid engine which has more thrust than standard AL-31F.
There is no such thing as a hybrid engine! They are either flying with AL-31Fs or WS-10X (currently in testing). A hybrid engine is all but impossible ... it’s either Chinese or either Russian, but definitely not both.

J-20 has been inducted into combat troops.
WS-15 may be still in developping.
WS-15 is still in development ... should be incorporated very soon.

There is no such thing as a hybrid engine! They are either flying with AL-31Fs or WS-10X (currently in testing). A hybrid engine is all but impossible ... it’s either Chinese or either Russian, but definitely not both.

not really, WS-10 is a hybird to begine with```its Chinese engineering architect with American core, Russian control system, and AL-31 style low pressure bypass stage ```

well, they wanted everything to be indigenous, however they realized that we were much behind the U.S and Russia in heavy turbofan engine techs, so in order to speed up the project, they draw on the experiences of the U.S and Russia's```

and that is the major reason that WS-10 project was sucessfully finished in 2005, but takes so long to upgrade and improve, as many problems occured when in service (as happened to any U.S or Russia's engines too) , and because of it is kind a mix mash, so solving a problem often became like to make a new start, or start it all over again (before to make improvements and adjustment, you need datas for the part or few parts that you plan to work on, and because its a mix mash of American, Chinese, Russian standards, so you can imagine the difficulties of accquire them! )````

Luckily, with the finalization of WS-10B and WS-10IPE, then the problem is effectively solved```sometimes we ridicule them by saying "We are so prould of them that they can actually manage to squish 3 different systems and school of thoughts into one and to make a working engine```" :lol:

btw, WS-15 is the first high performance heavy thrust turbofan engine that we actually started of from scratch```

2025 if I am optimistic````WS-19 would be probably quicker than WS-15

not really, WS-10 is a hybird to begine with```its Chinese engineering architect with American core, Russian control system, and AL-31 style low pressure bypass stage ```

well, they wanted everything to be indigenous, however they realized that we were much behind the U.S and Russia in heavy turbofan engine techs, so in order to speed up the project, they draw on the experiences of the U.S and Russia's```

and that is the major reason that WS-10 project was sucessfully finished in 2005, but takes so long to upgrade and improve, as many problems occured when in service (as happened to any U.S or Russia's engines too) , and because of it is kind a mix mash, so solving a problem often became like to make a new start, or start it all over again (before to make improvements and adjustment, you need datas for the part or few parts that you plan to work on, and because its a mix mash of American, Chinese, Russian standards, so you can imagine the difficulties of accquire them! )````

Luckily, with the finalization of WS-10B and WS-10IPE, then the problem is effectively solved```sometimes we ridicule them by saying "We are so prould of them that they can actually manage to squish 3 different systems and school of thoughts into one and to make a working engine```" :lol:

btw, WS-15 is the first high performance heavy thrust turbofan engine that we actually started of from scratch```

2025 if I am optimistic````WS-19 would be probably quicker than WS-15

I'm confused about the IPE designation. Is it the TVC variant equipping the J-10B and J-20 prototypes or is it the supposedly 150kn version of Ws-10 that was meant as a backup to the WS-15? or neither?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom