What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

That is Chinese style. We do things differently from Western and Indian. They like to brag and let foes know too many of their things.

That is largely an Indian trait, even the west keep many things under wraps.

By now, the Indians have literally wiped out PAF with IAF Rafael Squadrons and you can take it from there on.

J-20 appears for the first time taking place in a war game on China Central Television . In Today's CCTV -4 news covering an air combat exercise by China Southern Theater Command Air Force, one J-20 flies aside with a J-10.

Watch from 00.55 from the following footage.
http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C10336/f60b5c7575994e12b0d5ff05d33b2600

161630qz8g8gefslfp8lit.jpg

Someone said the first batch is 18.

For J-20's development, the most important node is Taiwan's new president election.

I do not want again to play the devil's advocate, but as far as I remember these few seconds are showing the J-20 during its maiden flight side by side with that famous J-10AS chase plane.

I do not want again to play the devil's advocate, but as far as I remember these few seconds are showing the J-20 during its maiden flight side by side with that famous J-10AS chase plane.

yes it is, you are right

IMO a bit unlikely that after 2103 - and even this one unconfirmed - already 2113 would be spotted ...

I will throw a grain of salt on this rumour, but if this is true than I would intepret N0.13 as the 3rd aircraft for PLAAF service, i.e. No. 2103, and not as the 13th aircraft. No.13 is not 13th, as No.2103 is not 2103th, funny way of reading the message. LOL. :laugh:

Yes,you are totally right it is the footage of its maiden flight. However, this is the first time that this footage is appeared in that CCTV International Channel (targeting overseas audience) in the news piece about how the most elite air division of China Southern Theater Command, whose main duty is to deal with Taiwan crisis.

If people who spend time to watch the footage and understand what it says, then perhaps you could place your emphasis more on the whole context instead of the image itself. My conclusion was made, not solely on that J-20 footage, but by the fact that its was shown in that news for the following reasons:
1) CCTV is a very strict government organization, any news is subject to tight scrutiny, let alone these types of news about Chinese elite air division exercising breaking the first island chain and new battle capabilities;
2) The editors want to imply that J-20 is already arrived in this division by showing this maiden flight footage because the production vision is still top secret.
3) There were news months ago that China air force completed its polite training facility for the special "seed division";
4) There was a blog news months ago letting people to remember and celebrate a day as the most important day in the China Air force history;
5) J-20 has to be in service before 5.20 (Taiwan election) and 2016 year end (F-35 in Japan). These are the main nodes in its development.

I could be wrong in my reasoning, but that is all what we could do in relation to this top secret project.

I know again my impatience and as such I admit, right now it's boooooring, so much booooooring ... but also interesting.

The question spinning my head since some tome is WHY this hiatus in any news ??

- Is there a new political order given to keep these top projects under a stricter veil of secrecy and these wall climbers obey after some internal warnings?
- Is there simply nothing to report? No new J-10B/Cs or any new LRIP J-20, nothing on the J-16, J-15 batch 02 .... and if yes, why ?
- has something happened? An accident, mishap, maybe even a crash? ... but that would not explain the "nothing" on all projects.
- are they waiting for a certain date? ... maybe the service introduction and roll out of about 4-8 J-20s fully marked in PLAAF-colours ready for delivery .... I don't know.

Any other ideas ?

Deino
Crackdown order. PLA is training more at night. In remote location. Difficult to spot anything new. Plain simple.

Crackdown order. PLA is training more at night. In remote location. Difficult to spot anything new. Plain simple.

But that could be only half of the explanation: For the regular training this might be indeed the reason, but given how visibly-accessible CAC is for spotters it is - at least IMO - not an explanation for the complete hiatus in new images of any new LRIP-J-20A; or do they also make their maiden flights and test sorties only at night. I don't think so.

Deino

But that could be only half of the explanation: For the regular training this might be indeed the reason, but given how visibly-accessible CAC is for spotters it is - at least IMO - not an explanation for the complete hiatus in new images of any new LRIP-J-20A; or do they also make their maiden flights and test sorties only at night. I don't think so.

Deino

Relax; it took three months for the J-10B prototype photographs to appear and four months for the Sharp Sword pictures to do the same.

Relax; it took three months for the J-10B prototype photographs to appear and four months for the Sharp Sword pictures to do the same.

I think You already know my impatience quite well :devil: ... and no, I do not want to wait especially since these are not the first images of a new type or version, but simply new images of new aircraft ...

Sometimes I indeed have that feeling, the PLAAF is secretly waiting or working up for a special event .... and then: Boooom, there is a row of 5 J-20A posted during their hand-over ceremony ...

Maybe on 1. August !???

I think You already know my impatience quite well :devil: ... and no, I do not want to wait especially since these are not the first images of a new type or version, but simply new images of new aircraft ...

Sometimes I indeed have that feeling, the PLAAF is secretly waiting or working up for a special event .... and then: Boooom, there is a row of 5 J-20A posted during their hand-over ceremony ...

Maybe on 1. August !???
57901568.jpg

time will come i dont think they send out pics justfor you. i am waiting more in particular for the j31-v2

Back
Top Bottom