What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

We will see that when the T-50 is taken to other countries. Insofar it has not flown outside Russia, so you should just shut up about it.

The Su-47 design was a huge fail. The Russians never solved the many many problems it had so they have to ditch it for a more primitive design like the T-50, so don't tell me that they solved all the problems and don't tell me that exposed engine vents like the T-50 has any advantage to it.

The J-20 has canards because the engine is not powerful enough and because 611 corp is experienced with canards. Once the WS-15 engine is mature I am sure the canards can be removed.

The thing is that at least we admit J-20 shortcomings. The Russian T-50 is nothing but a money scam.

Really ? a huge fail ? a forward swept wing supersonic heavy twin engine fighter with hypermaneuverability and supercruise??

wow.. didn't know that making a plane like that is a fail ...

Really ? a huge fail ? a forward swept wing supersonic heavy twin engine fighter with hypermaneuverability and supercruise??

wow.. didn't know that making a plane like that is a fail ...

Yeah, Su-47 is so successful that not a single one of them is in service. Go do some research. The plane was a huge fail. It is not even considered safe enough to fly.

Yeah, Su-47 is so successful that not a single one of them is in service. Go do some research. The plane was a huge fail. It is not even considered safe enough to fly.

The s-47 was a technology demonstrator, designed to explore various things. It then moved on to perform numerous times on air shows and for research purposes, it is perhaps not considered safe to flyanymore because only one was made and hence spares may not be available or ever considered for this plane.

that my educated friend (!) doesn't take away from the feat of the engineers who designed, built and flown the said plane .... which part do you not get ?

And made a video that despite filled with errors has thousands of views and should be taken as more technically authoritative than what experienced engineers may say. Popular gullible consensus trump science and if there are criticisms, said criticism can only come from petty jealousy since critics has no popular videos of their own.

Your statement is misleading. My video has 78,209 views and it keeps increasing. You give the impression of only a few thousand views. If you had said "many tens of thousands of views," I would have been fine with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The J-20 has canards because the engine is not powerful enough and because 611 corp is experienced with canards. Once the WS-15 engine is mature I am sure the canards can be removed.

Don't think they'll remove the canards, a more powerful engine with the canards will just results in a even more maneuverable plane.

The s-47 was a technology demonstrator, designed to explore various things. It then moved on to perform numerous times on air shows and for research purposes, it is perhaps not considered safe to flyanymore because only one was made and hence spares may not be available or ever considered for this plane.

that my educated friend (!) doesn't take away from the feat of the engineers who designed, built and flown the said plane .... which part do you not get ?

No country builds demonstrators just for exploration. They wanted to build the Su-47 only to find out that Russia had no capacity to build material of sufficient strength to hold the Su-47's frame. The plane was about to disintegrate in the air at the later stage of testing. Also, the engine problem was never solved because AL37 was no good and they did not have S117 yet. This is why the Ruskies gave up on the project. Just accept it, they screwed up, so now we have a T-50 which has very few of Su-47's technologies.

Your statement is misleading. My video has 78,209 views and it keeps increasing. You give the impression of only a few thousand views. If you had said "many tens of thousands of views," I would have been fine with that.
Fine...So there are more gullible people than expected...:lol:

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

No country builds demonstrators just for exploration. They wanted to build the Su-47 only to find out that Russia had no capacity to build material of sufficient strength to hold the Su-47's frame. The plane was about to disintegrate in the air at the later stage of testing. Also, the engine problem was never solved because AL37 was no good and they did not have S117 yet. This is why the Ruskies gave up on the project. Just accept it, they screwed up, so now we have a T-50 which has very few of Su-47's technologies.
Are you really serious about that...??? :blink: What the hell do you think the American X-series were for? Show and tell?

Fine...So there are more gullible people than expected...:lol:

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Are you really serious about that...??? :blink: What the hell do you think the American X-series were for? Show and tell?

People had expectation that X-series and all the secret project America is doing would become reality one day. You stop a project when you realize that the prospect of success has been reduced to zero. No country starts a project if there is ZERO expectation or possibility that the project would be a success to begin with. Otherwise, why no one is building, say, a teleporting stargate or something? Why don't we just build a prototype for study purpose?

People had expectation that X-series and all the secret project America is doing would become reality one day. You stop a project when you realize that the prospect of success has been reduced to zero. No country starts a project if there is ZERO expectation or possibility that the project would be a success to begin with.
Wrong. All wrong. The X-series is exactly why I do not take you seriously. In aviation research, it is entirely appropriate to build a certain platform with emphasis on a particular part of flight. The X-1 was for supersonic research. Were there any X-1 derivative? No. But there were plenty of later aircrafts that took advantage of the data the X-1 revealed about the supersonic region. You are wrong. Admit it.

Otherwise, why no one is building, say, a teleporting stargate or something? Why don't we just build a prototype for study purpose?
Are you serious? A prototype cannot be built unless we know the basic principles of something.

Wrong. All wrong. The X-series is exactly why I do not take you seriously. In aviation research, it is entirely appropriate to build a certain platform with emphasis on a particular part of flight. The X-1 was for supersonic research. Were there any X-1 derivative? No. But there were plenty of later aircrafts that took advantage of the data the X-1 revealed about the supersonic region. You are wrong. Admit it.

Are you serious? A prototype cannot be built unless we know the basic principles of something.

You have to ask him?

I don't know how good the J-20 is, ( I wish it is very good) but boy some people commit the sin of hybris in here...

You have to ask him?
I have to make sure. Sort of a virtual self pinch.

I don't know how good the J-20 is, ( I wish it is very good) but boy some people commit the sin of hybris in here...
From a radar perspective, I will be generous and say just right below the F-16 on the RCS scale. And I know what the F-16 look like on the scope. But I have no problems proved wrong. Many of us were proved wrong when the F-117 came out. We were way off base.

Pleas stop contrasting CAC J20 with Sukhoi T50 or bashing Sukhoi's abilities to develop a 5th gen. fighter, either of which would be irrelevant to the topic and meaningless without substantial evidence and professional analysis. It is an area too sophisticated and confidential for we amateurs to claim his/her creditability. Why not refrain from futile debates with others, in which you've provided no convincing data, of which many are growing tired, and just appreciate these mighty and beautiful beasts?

We are witnessing the rise of our country. A healthy does of national pride is good, but don't let it overgrow to blind your eyes and erode your heart. Humbleness and respect are virtues.

Whatsoever, regards and thanks for your hard work of many pics and texts of J20, and your patriotism.

Back
Top Bottom