What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Would you be so kind as to explain to me what your comment brings to the table or are you just doing it to remind a member of the plebs what his place is

Not sure why you rate this as an offence or "to remind a member of the plebs what his place is"! I rate @LKJ86 very high, surely not a plebs and in terms of finding relevant news more than above me. As such most often he posts something albeit without a comment and I miss the important point ... therefore my question!

006KQV1Aly1hbjf6joi61j36dc48w7wk(1).jpg
006KQV1Aly1hbjf6qd4saj35zm3zre84(1).jpg
006KQV1Aly1hbjf6mwg7yj36dc48w7wk(1).jpg
006KQV1Aly1hbjf6ksf6vj35ri3ucnpg(1).jpg
006KQV1Aly1hbjf6nyt5jj36dc48w7wj(1).jpg
006KQV1Aly1hbjf6p01p2j35e83lh7wk(1).jpg
006KQV1Aly1hbjf6hgsibj343r2qme84(1).jpg

Via @央视军事 from Weibo

If legit, then this is so far the best and clearest image of a PLAAF J-10CY
😮
, the new type of aircraft for the PLAAF's premier aerobatics team 'Ba Yi', which is replacing the J-10AY in this role.
But is this real? ... or again we are fooled by an overambitious and very talented PS-artist?
🤔

(via @凰天霸 from Weibo)

J-10CY 06 + J-10AY 06.jpg

Wow ... This new - again we need to consider, if it is legit! 🤔- image of J-10AS cn. 0238 powered by a WS-10B is even more interesting 😮 than I first noticed, since it features a larger dorsal spine in comparison to the already slightly larger one on a standard J-10AS.

View attachment 919020

My gut feeling is that this is a hint for an MLU program for all J-10A & AS - maybe to a J-10AG and/or J-10ASG or SG version - and the old ones will get the new JKL-24 AESA radar, WS-10B engines and other new "items" that require the installation of the enlarged fuselage spine.

My gut feeling is that this is a hint for an MLU program for all J-10A & AS - maybe to a J-10AG and/or J-10ASG or SG version - and the old ones will get the new JKL-24 AESA radar, WS-10B engines and other new "items" that require the installation of the enlarged fuselage spine.
It will be interesting to see photo of of post-MLU J10A(G?) with new spine and new engine.

Now that you mention it - it does make sense for the development of the Dorsal Spine which was possibly intended for a MLU of early J10A's et - I originally thought of the dorsal spine being for the J10D development(am sure that is in progress!). Lets see. The early J10As are due for an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom