What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

good picture. It is the pilot in the photo above who drove the J10 plane that without power to glide,and land safely. And yesterday he was given a first class award for meritorious service, along with a Air Force Meritorious Golden Medal.

Maybe a second J-10B airborne. I am not sure. What do you guys think?

87a48233ccce44c6243fff7202f3bed0.jpg

Maybe a second J-10B airborne. I am not sure. What do you guys think?

87a48233ccce44c6243fff7202f3bed0.jpg

There are no Missile Approach Warning sensors on the base of the tail like the other J-10B pictures. One of the previous pictures also showed no MAW sensor, but some believe that this picture was definitely photoshopped. I think you need to compare the small fins underneath the engine housing (ventral fins) with the other pictures to identify the variant of this J-10.

There are no Missile Approach Warning sensors on the base of the tail like the other J-10B pictures. One of the previous pictures also showed no MAW sensor, but some believe that this picture was definitely photoshopped. I think you need to compare the small fins underneath the engine housing (ventral fins) with the other pictures to identify the variant of this J-10.
Yes, you are right. Look at the attached picture.

For defense purpose the J10B has a lot better future then the huge MKI. Smaller, lighter, less RCS, better ECM/ECCM, good radar, better in high speed, extremely good in low speed, superb STOL. And add to that unkown to enemy... The Indians have no BVR we do not know... The Indians have not netcentric approach like we do.

I do not think that more swept wing has lower rcs... Looking forward to get the theory on this...

For this answer you must think in geometric terms because we are talking about radar deflection on certain physical planes (I wish I could draw this out but I will do my best to describe it instead). The design of a faceted airframe drastically reduces the number of specular directions from which large echoes are observed but this faceting creates a multiple of ''edges''. The scattering of radar signatures then is spread over the shape of a cone. When viewed from a normal incidence, the ''edge'' collapses to a disk and the intensity can be strong enough to be picked up by even relatively weak radar. Even if you manage to angle a surface so that the surface is never seen from a direction anywhere near the direction of its ''surface normal'', there still may be an edge with a large number of of specular directions spread over a plane perpendicular to the edge. So even though aviation manufacturers may rely on shaping to direct a specular surface reflection away from the radar, they must also rely on shaping to direct edge scattering away from radar. This means you choose the sweep angle of the wing to direct the edge diffraction out of the threat cone, which is usually centered on the direction of flight.

About supersonic high agility... You can skip that in a nation with zero depth and where agility in subsonic speed and low altitude is far more important then mach 2 and a few g's...

No arguments here, this is why I stated the key is in RCS reduction though nothing wrong with having the capability on your side when **** hits the fan.

About AESA... Nice to have on AWACS or ground but a fighter based AESA is hardly worth the extra costs. Netcentric is a solution. AWACS is a superb asset. For the rest AESA is at the moment not much wore worth then the normal dish...

If your AWACS goes offline in a variety of conceivable scenarios, it will not have dire consequences for the entire fleet if your top tier fighter aircraft have powerful AESA radars. Our AWACS should be used to direct the Thunder and F-16 among various others and that in itself is more than 300 aircraft being directed by a handful of AWACS platforms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom