What's new

Chemical castration clause removed from bill after CII objections: Maleeka Bokhari

Tomcats

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1637338585791.png

Law Minister Farogh Nasim and Parliamentary Secretary for Law Maleeka Bokhari address a joint press conference in Islamabad on Friday. — DawnNewsTV

Parliamentary Secretary for Law and Justice Maleeka Bokhari revealed on Friday that a clause providing for "chemical castration” of habitual rapists had been removed from the Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2021, in the light of objections raised by the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII).

Flanked by Law Minister Farogh Nasim at a press conference in Islamabad, Bokhari said the CII had objected to the punishment of chemical castration for rapists, describing it as "unIslamic".

The clause was later omitted from the bill before its passage in Wednesday's joint session of parliament, Bokhari said, noting that "Article 227 of the Constitution also guarantees that all laws must be under the Shariah and the Holy Quran, hence we cannot pass any law that goes against these values."

She said the omission was made after detailed deliberation by a government committee under the guidance of the law minister.

About the Anti-Rape (Investigation and Trial) Bill, 2021, the MNA said the previous law had flaws that hampered the provision of justice to victims, hence a new law had been introduced to ensure swift dispensation of justice.

Also read: Will the new law stop rapes?

She explained that an anti-rape crisis cell would be set up in every district hospital for rapid medical examination of cases. Bokhari said the government had promised to protect people's rights and "it did so by introducing necessary legislation".

Incoming people blaming all Mullahs and madressas and using this thread to show their hate for Islam:

They are supposed to consult them before charting out any legislation. This is not the first time this government tried subverting the constitution.

Barbarian horde ruling the country through sheer firepower aims to reform and reconstruct, must be a fool's paradise.

what's the criteria in Pakistan to determine rape?

Incoming people blaming all Mullahs and madressas and using this thread to show their hate for Islam:
this is not the subject matter but i must give out my piece on your query......... mulla's in general are curse for humanity, they are nothing more than hordes of primitives, exploited by RAW. Responsible for distorting Islam and it's image world over.
Therefore, any one who consider himself Muslim, shall object to the hijacking of society and state by mulla using unfair and illegal means.

No you hang them. Thats the punishment. Islam doesn't say dont punish them.

And PTI government should have known it will be rejected, look at them now turning the blame on Islam. Such low level dirty politics.
They aren't blaming Islam, blame is on this stupid council i mean, so hanging is okay but castration isn't despite giving the person a new lease on life while preventing him from doing such crimes again? Hell even when they will bring up that kind of capital punishment i won't be surprised of a rejection.

No you hang them. Thats the punishment. Islam doesn't say dont punish them.

And PTI government should have known it will be rejected, look at them now turning the blame on Islam. Such low level dirty politics.

So hang them. What's the issue then?

Figured these Pedos would be first ones to object. For govt to give it up so easily is shameful.

View attachment 794734
Law Minister Farogh Nasim and Parliamentary Secretary for Law Maleeka Bokhari address a joint press conference in Islamabad on Friday. — DawnNewsTV

Parliamentary Secretary for Law and Justice Maleeka Bokhari revealed on Friday that a clause providing for "chemical castration” of habitual rapists had been removed from the Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2021, in the light of objections raised by the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII).

Flanked by Law Minister Farogh Nasim at a press conference in Islamabad, Bokhari said the CII had objected to the punishment of chemical castration for rapists, describing it as "unIslamic".

The clause was later omitted from the bill before its passage in Wednesday's joint session of parliament, Bokhari said, noting that "Article 227 of the Constitution also guarantees that all laws must be under the Shariah and the Holy Quran, hence we cannot pass any law that goes against these values."

She said the omission was made after detailed deliberation by a government committee under the guidance of the law minister.

About the Anti-Rape (Investigation and Trial) Bill, 2021, the MNA said the previous law had flaws that hampered the provision of justice to victims, hence a new law had been introduced to ensure swift dispensation of justice.

Also read: Will the new law stop rapes?

She explained that an anti-rape crisis cell would be set up in every district hospital for rapid medical examination of cases. Bokhari said the government had promised to protect people's rights and "it did so by introducing necessary legislation".

to bill men peechay reh kya gya hai???? :disagree:

She need to take 4 witnesses (men, not women) with her, and ask politely to the rapist, please rape me in front of my 4 witnesses. Then rapist will say ok, i will rape you in front of these 4 men.

@The Eagle this poster here is deliberalty propagating against Islam hiding behind his mullah grudge while completely ignoring the verses about when where and for whom 4 witnesses are required .

Burning women over suspicion of being witches or considering them a base creature until the last century wasn't a muslim thing

what's the criteria in Pakistan to determine rape?

Why don't you blame PTI while you at it?

The libturds and LGBT lovers are very silent nowadays. I would have expected a storm from them. After all, so-called humane treatment for culrpits ranks high among libturd wishlist.

She need to take 4 witnesses (men, not women) with her, and ask politely to the rapist, please rape me in front of my 4 witnesses. Then rapist will say ok, i will rape you in front of these 4 men.

If she has no 4 men witnesses, then she has to hire 8 women witnesses, because 1 men witness = 1/2 women witness.

Wow great laws which mullah and judges wants in Pakistan,
I have heard (not confirmed) similar laws by respected Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Qadiyani, there is punishment of rapist, get some shoes and beat 10 times on the head of repist. Wow

Great Country and Great Laws...

Pakistan is in hands of idiots, busy wasting time and resources of all nation and even rest of the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom