What's new

CanSino Vaccine Enhances Protection as Booster Shot

Reaction score
Country
Canada

External research has shown CanSino Biologics' single-dose Covid-19 vaccine significantly enhances the protection offered by inactivated vaccines, a senior executive of the company said late Thursday.

CanSino's viral-vector vaccine given as a booster shot after two doses of inactivated vaccines, which are the most widely used vaccines currently in China, could trigger a rebound of antibody levels multiple-fold stronger than using a third inactivated shot, Zhu Tao, chief scientific officer at CanSino, said in an online presentation, citing clinical data of about 200 people from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Jiangsu.

In China, the CanSino shot, co-developed with the Chinese military, has been administered in fewer regions than three two-dose inactivated vaccines made by the state-own Sinopharm and private Sinovac Biotech Ltd. The shot, developed with a different approach using a modified viral vector to carry genetic instructions, hasn't been approved by the World Health Organization.

Chinese officials have said they are studying CanSino's vaccine as booster shots, as researchers found the antibody levels induced by China's inactivated vaccines fell after six months while the existing shots are likely to be less effective against new coronavirus variants.

The antibody level in people who took the CanSino shot fell by about 30% after six months, but rose by about eight times two weeks after a second dose was administered six months from the first dose, Mr. Zhu said, citing data from dozens of people.

The effectiveness of CanSino's vaccine was diminished against the Delta variant but to a lesser extent than inactivated vaccines, Mr. Zhu said, citing research by a state drug agency. For CanSino's shot, the level of antibodies against the Delta strain cut about half compared with the U.K.-identified D614G mutation, he added.

It is amazing to see someone who doesn't believe in vaccine posting news on vaccine.

It is amazing to see someone who doesn't believe in vaccine posting news on vaccine.

Modern vaccine has crap in it that harms body so I don't take it. If it were like early vaccine like the ones Edward Jenner used I would take it.

Modern vaccine has crap in it that harms body so I don't take it. If it were like early vaccine like the ones Edward Jenner used I would take it.
Then try to find any news that talks about vaccines like the ones Edward Jenner used.

Blame modern pharma. Always adding crap ingredients unnecessarily. They don't want to cure you. They want to hook you on vax to take your moonay.
Then you just either wait for some company that doesn't do that or make it yourself.

Too bad you didn't live in the "golden age" of the past.

If Edward Jenner is alive he don't care about coronavirus. Death rate is measely 0.5% compared to 50% with smallpox. Modern media blows it out of proportion, makes everyone buy vaccine so drug companies profit. Corruption.

If Edward Jenner is alive he don't care about coronavirus. Death rate is measely 0.5% compared to 50% with smallpox. Modern media blows it out of proportion, makes everyone buy vaccine so drug companies profit. Corruption.
0.5% is only recently. It was much higher before and particularly deadly for the elderly. Media may be exaggerating but the threat isn't too much off. After all, most people have elder relatives and certainly don't want them to expose to such a danger. If you don't have any, it is understandable that you may don't care.

0.5% is only recently. It was much higher before and particularly deadly for the elderly. Media may be exaggerating but the threat isn't too much off. After all, most people have elder relatives and certainly don't want them to expose to such a danger. If you don't have any, it is understandable that you may don't care.

More older people die from flu than from covid. Older people don't have much immune system to begin with. Vax or not is not much difference for them.

生老病死 .

You can't save them.

A few of my friends got CanSino, the only problem they have faced is the acceptability of this vaccine, since WHO has still not granted it an emergency approval.

More older people die from flu than from covid. Older people don't have much immune system to begin with. Vax or not is not much difference for them.

生老病死 .

You can't save them.
Very true. There should always be a limit on how much effort should be spent to save someone. I think vaccination is so far the best effort of trying. That is just my opinion. You may think that is already too much. That is OK. Each one votes with his/her own action and that is good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom