What's new

can the hawkeye 2000 achieve data link/Communication with eastern fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anas Ali

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
can the hawkeye 2000 achieve data link and Communication with Russian or Chinese fighters ?

@Oscar Interesting question put forward would need your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could this not have been asked in the Q&A Thread rather than openning a new thread.Pleaze use Q&A thread for questions.

In a nut shell Not directly. It can do so via a land based node from where data can be transmitted to the relevant platform.
Araz

Could this not have been asked in the Q&A Thread rather than openning a new thread.Pleaze use Q&A thread for questions.
i will in the future , sorry

The Hawkeye communicates via a protocol. i.e raw data is processed by the radar, then information collected and stored in digital "biscuits" which are then packaged in a particular way to be sent out to other aircraft. These packets may be encrypted or non-encrypted but they all require knowledge of how they are arranged and how they are accessed; i.e the protocol used to be able to use that data.
So in theory, any platform that knows what protocol the Hawkeye 2000 is using and has the ability to access that protocol can communicate with it and use its sensor data. The French for eg are compatible with Link-16 and so can use data from the Hawkeye 2000. The JF-17 has a proprietary link being designed for it that is compatible with Link-16 and so it can use that data provided it is not code encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom