What's new

Can somebody make a "How to" video of Making Pakistani flag?

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I made a Pakistani Flag during Zia's time for Flying on my home.At the time 14th August was well celebrated and PTV used to show detailed video on How to make a proper Pakistani Flag with official dimensions.
The flag i made was by watching those PTV programs,and was made to perfect measurements.
It was flown on our House in Abbottabad since 1984 every year for a week from 14th August...Then lowered,washed,ironed and kept safely for next year.
Last year my Lazy brother left it flying for more than a month and during the time it was severely damaged due to bad weather.
Now my mom has been asking my to send her Pakistani flag dimensions so that she can sew a new one.But i couldn't find any.
I know there are Pakistani Flags available from market but most are not made to official dimensions.
I couldnt find a single video tutorial on how to make a Pakistani Flag.

Can somebody good at Graphics and Videography make one such video? So that people wanting to make Pakistani Flag by themselves can make an authentic one?
Or of such a video exists,please post a link.

Ok here is some vague but presumably legal dimensions of pakistani flag..But a video will be much better

Pakistan Flag specification

Resolution Passed by Constituent Assembly

"That this assembly resolves that the national flag of the federation of Pakistan be of the following description.
"A dark green rectangular flag in the proportion of length and width 3:2 with a white vertical bar at the mast, the green portion bearing a white crescent in the centre and a five-pointed white heraldic star. The size of the white portion being one-fourth the size of the flag, nearest the mast, the remainder three-fourths being dark green. the dimensions of the crescent and star are obtained as follows:

"Draw the diagonal from the top right hand corner to the bottom left corner of the green portion. On this diagonal establish two points 'A' and 'B'. Point 'A' at a distance equidistant from top right and bottom left hand corners of the green portion, i.e. the centre of the green portion. Point 'B' at a distance from the top right hand corner equal to 13/20th the width of the flag. With centre point 'A' and radius 1.1/4th the width of the flag describe a second arc. The enclosures made by these two arcs form the crescent. The dimensions of the five-pointed white heraldic star are determined by drawing a circle 1/10th the width of the flag. The circle surrounds the five points of the heraldic star. The star lies with one point on the diagonal at a point where the larger arc of the crescent, if completed, cuts the diagonal."

Here is some good information:

Pakistan: Construction Sheet

Pakistan Flag specification
Resolution Passed by Constituent Assembly

"That this assembly resolves that the national flag of the federation of Pakistan be of the following description.

"A dark green rectangular flag in the proportion of length and width 3:2 with a white vertical bar at the mast, the green portion bearing a white crescent in the centre and a five-pointed white heraldic star. The size of the white portion being one-fourth the size of the flag, nearest the mast, the remainder three-fourths being dark green. the dimensions of the crescent and star are obtained as follows:

"Draw the diagonal from the top right hand corner to the bottom left corner of the green portion. On this diagonal establish two points 'A' and 'B'. Point 'A' at a distance equidistant from top right and bottom left hand corners of the green portion, i.e. the centre of the green portion. Point 'B' at a distance from the top right hand corner equal to 13/20th the width of the flag. With centre point 'A' and radius 1.1/4th the width of the flag describe a second arc. The enclosures made by these two arcs form the crescent. The dimensions of the five-pointed white heraldic star are determined by drawing a circle 1/10th the width of the flag. The circle surrounds the five points of the heraldic star. The star lies with one point on the diagonal at a point where the larger arc of the crescent, if completed, cuts the diagonal."

Draw a diagonal L3 from the top right hand corner to the bottom left corner of the green portion. On this diagonal establish two points P1 and P2. P1 is positioned at the centre of the green portion and P2 at the intersection of the diagonal L3 and an arc C4 created from the top right hand corner equal to 13/20 the height of the flag [E]. With the centre at point P1 and a radius 3/10 the height of the flag describe the first circle C1 and with centre at point P2 and a radius 11/40 the height of the flag describe a second circle C2. The enclosures made by these two circles form the crescent. The dimensions of the five-pointed white heraldic star are determined by drawing a circle C3 with a radius 1/10 the height of the flag positioned between P2 and P3 on the diagonal L3. The circle surrounds the five points of the heraldic star and star lies with one point on the diagonal L3 at point P3 where the circle C1 intersects the diagonal L3.

501px-Flag_of_Pakistan_Construction.svg.png

from wiki............

I have never stitched flag myself so I can't help you. However, I had a huge wall-size flag measured in meters, which covered one of the walls of my room. The wall parallel is decorated with 2 smaller flags and the third wall with official PAF posters/paintings by Sqn.Ldr. Hussaini gifted by a Gp.Capt. The first flag was taken down after years on May 11 I was the only person with Pakistani flag, not PTI's PMLN's. The flag is now with my friend who hasn't returned till date and I believe he must have burned a part of it since he had it stuck on his car, including the hot bonnet. It is a shame...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom