What's new

Can I ask a question?

backhome

New Recruit

Reaction score
I am from guangzhou china.I want ask everybody,which is pakistan choice J-10 and F-16 .but only choice a sort of answer!

I am from guangzhou china.I want ask everybody,which is pakistan choice J-10 and F-16 .but only choice a sort of answer!

Current J-10 are not as good as F-16 block 52 because they dont have better armament package, avioncis, radar, and electronic warfare suit for pakistan.. but china is currently working on upgrading their J-10 for pakistan known as "FC-20" which will be the most high tech fighter in PAF inventory! Pakistan-US tensions are very high and we are worried that F-16 deal may not go through which i think may be good for pakistan in long term.. we are also worried that they may come with some strings attached, restricting its capabilities in PAF..

Current J-10 are not as good as F-16 block 52 because they dont have better armament package, avioncis, radar, and electronic warfare suit for pakistan.. but china is currently working on upgrading their J-10 for pakistan known as "FC-20" which will be the most high tech fighter in PAF inventory! Pakistan-US tensions are very high and we are worried that F-16 deal may not go through which i think may be good for pakistan in long term.. we are also worried that they may come with some strings attached, restricting its capabilities in PAF..
F-16 is a has been now. Especially under Pakistani control.

The US is hostile towards Pakistan, this WILL ultimately translate into NO F-16s! So J-10 it is in my books. Its damn good, a lot of new things to come and it will serve Pakistan extremely well and for a long time.

This question can be a lot easily answered if you ask "Who do you trust more in a troubled situation, China or the US?".

One thing I think Pakistani friends have to bear in mind is that J-10 hasn’t been really combat tested, whereas F-16 does.

How and what do you think of this?

One thing I think Pakistani friends have to bear in mind is that J-10 hasn’t been really combat tested, whereas F-16 does.

How and what do you think of this?

You have a point. But it wouldnt be worth it if one is unable to acquire spareparts or for that matter the jet suddenly becomes non functional due to the codes associated with the software. The more reasonable choice will be the J-11b. Its based on the reliable SU-27 series and can perfectly suit PAF needs for a longer range, deep strike missions within India. We currently lack such a platform.
Instead of the F-16s, the reasonable choice will be rafale.

You have a point. But it wouldnt be worth it if one is unable to acquire spareparts or for that matter the jet suddenly becomes non functional due to the codes associated with the software. The more reasonable choice will be the J-11b. Its based on the reliable SU-27 series and can perfectly suit PAF needs for a longer range, deep strike missions within India. We currently lack such a platform.
Instead of the F-16s, the reasonable choice will be rafale.

i think J-11 is not a bad idea..In 5-6 years PLAAF and PLAN will upgrade their J-11 fleet to latest version of su-35 series!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom