What's new

Can anyone guess which binocular is this and how old design is it ?

alimobin memon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IMG_20130627_233234.jpg

IMG_20130627_233247.jpg

IMG_20130627_233254.jpg

IMG_20130627_233307.jpg

What I have found is that this Binocular is porro prism and is almost same as some carl zeiss's binocular design dated back in 1900's. This design production stopped in late late 1910's.

It has 8x zoom.

Looks interesting, is it yours?

Might have some collectors value

Looks interesting, is it yours?

Might have some collectors value

Yep Its mine Just bought it from a man who has 100's of antiques claimed this to be ww2 binocular But According to my knowledge the design is pre ww1 Carl Zeiss Company's 8x zoom binocular. By the beginning of ww2 there were 10 and 12x standard german and british military binoculars...

Yep Its mine Just bought it from a man who has 100's of antiques claimed this to be ww2 binocular But According to my knowledge the design is pre ww1 Carl Zeiss Company's 8x zoom binocular. By the beginning of ww2 there were 10 and 12x standard german and british military binoculars...

Well if it was used in the British Indian Army, it would not surprise me if they actually provided outdated pre WW2 equipment during the war.

IMG_20130627_233234.jpg

IMG_20130627_233247.jpg

IMG_20130627_233254.jpg

IMG_20130627_233307.jpg

What I have found is that this Binocular is porro prism and is almost same as some carl zeiss's binocular design dated back in 1900's. This design production stopped in late late 1910's.

It has 8x zoom.

This reminded me of this cool poster: This has some interesting idea, a US poster asking for german optics to defend the sealanes against German and Japanese subs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They are Russian, i have an identical piece. Probably 20 years old.

These arent russians as far as I know. From the man I got is my relative who owes it and bought it as antique back in 78

This is a US bino.

This was in service till about 15 years ago. Made mostly of brass ( or a similar looking metal) , painted black to prevent reflection.

May be able to give you more details in a day or two.

This is a US bino.

This was in service till about 15 years ago. Made mostly of brass ( or a similar looking metal) , painted black to prevent reflection.

May be able to give you more details in a day or two.

yes in service till 15 years ago ofcourse this is bino can even be used today. but I am asking about its manufacturing time. and according to my knowledge just like m2 browning machine guns this is old bino even older than ww2 but can find its origin.

This is not american the germans and americans both used basch and zeiss bino's

yes in service till 15 years ago ofcourse this is bino can even be used today. but I am asking about its manufacturing time. and according to my knowledge just like m2 browning machine guns this is old bino even older than ww2 but can find its origin.

This is not american the germans and americans both used basch and zeiss bino's

This may help
http://home.europa.com/~telscope/Mix.Zeiss-evolution.12.2005.pdf

This Carl Zeiss Jena Telex 6x bino was made 1910 onwards - not entirely sure yet.

CARL ZEISS JENA DF 8X 30253 BINOCULARS extremely resembles mine. The Binocular Design and generation is old then ww2.

I have two 20yo pieces and both are Russian,both look same as this.

Back
Top Bottom