What's new

Can anybody identify this sniper rifle?

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can anyone identify the sniper rifle at the top? It's the 12.7 mm bullpup semi-automatic rifle.

2wbzz13.jpg

But it doesn't matter. It probably won't be in service anyways when we have the much better QBU 09

6c89d04d-dfaa-4d30-b1ad-2a75985d3a98.jpg

Listed on China defence as an unnamed 12.7 anti-material rifle
from the Beijing International Police and Anti-Terrorism Equipment Expo,
to dig any further would probably need better than restaurant mandarin.

12.7 mm weapons are anti-material rifles meant to penetrate reinforced bunkers and light skinned vehicles. I don't know if they can be called sniper rifles. Of course they will also make a hole in a man, but that is not what they are for.

12.7 mm weapons are anti-material rifles meant to penetrate reinforced bunkers and light skinned vehicles. I don't know if they can be called sniper rifles. Of course they will also make a hole in a man, but that is not what they are for.

Tends to be a lot of cross over in blogs and articles and plenty of weapons are listed as both. I do wonder when people talk about MOA of an anti-material rifle designed to penetrate 50mm of hardened steel, when your shooting at a truck do you realy care if you can group your shots on a dime?

Mind you if you can afford it buy some thing that does both :)

mcmillan.jpg

^^^ Anti material rifles (AMRs) are reasonably accurate, they have to be for max damage at the target end at long ranges. ie, a round penetrating the engine block of a vehicle at 1 KM will immobilise it while the same round hitting the body of the vehicle will most likely pass through and through with minimal damage (in fact, the firer will not be sure if he hit the target at all). However, due to the much heavier caliber rounds and heavier moving parts, it will be unrealistic to expect AMRs to have MOAs similar to sniper rifles which use 5.56 or 7.62 mm rounds and are designed to minimise vibrations.

AMRs are really an adaption of APC/ICV mounted anti vehicle weapons to a ground role.

Back
Top Bottom