What's new

Calling stock and commodity market enthusiasts

Do you have any picks? multibaggers?
No dude, I have been dilligently doing my research on icicidirect.com for the last week, next week on I should have some feel to test out the waters.

@Geralt @surya kiran @MilSpec@SpArK

Whats your opinion about Manappuram finance.Its doing well now. with P/E of 6.88 against 21 (industry average).

Near 52 week low, last qtr results are good and the most importantly almost 8% dividend yield.
no idea about the business fundamentals etc but for me it's a buy only if it closes above 25 for few days

no idea about the business fundamentals etc but for me it's a buy only if it closes above 25 for few days

For a defensive investor, its a good bet since it has got 8% dividend yield for years!

uniply and symphony. let me check manapuram, not monitored it.

Whats your call on Sintax?

uniply and symphony. let me check manapuram, not monitored it.
Uniply, fundamentals are not so bright, but @ 52 week high now. Whats the news?

Manappuram finance

Am always worried about companies, which give loan against assets where the price is market deteremined and huge fluctuations are possible. Same with Manappuram. Also, there is a very huge debt burden. I would not pick it up.

Whats your call on Sintax?
Looks good, but long term buy. Though, technically, will wait for it to drop a little.

Uniply, fundamentals are not so bright, but @ 52 week high now. Whats the news?
Check who is buying at what rate and what it does to their debt :)

Also, check tamil nadu newsprint

Last edited:
SRTRANSFIN anyone?

In a conservative approach on fundamental basis.

If they stick to the earnings of Q1 for the rest of the 3 qtr, their EPS will be @56.63 and P/E 15.

Provided their industry PE is 20-21, it can go upto 1132.

What you guys think?

Am always worried about companies, which give loan against assets where the price is market deteremined and huge fluctuations are possible. Same with Manappuram. Also, there is a very huge debt burden. I would not pick it up.

They give mostly gold loans which they can sell it within 6 months if there is default.

It is a finance company, issuing NCDs so can't go by the debt amount in the balance sheet since it gets the money to lend is through that way.

They give mostly gold loans which they can sell it within 6 months if there is default.
This is more of a problem, compared to the debt. Typically loan against gold in a market where gold prices are rising continuously may make sense. In a falling market, the margin of error is upto the movement in price of gold. Hence, my fear. Its a bias, I have for investing in most types of loaning companies. Just like I do not pick up housing companies in my long term portfolio.

It was recently removed from the cnx500 and there are allegations of price manipulation. Why get into it?

Yes. Definite price manipulation. There is now going to be an investigation.

If the conversion is made null and void, they will need to repay immediately. Every possibility of a default and possible takeover by somebody else. If the conversion is not made null and void, then the price of conversion was 103. Current price is lower and every possibility the price will be pulled up before an exit for the debtors.

They have sales. Like I said, this is a matka trade. Think Satyam. My last matka trade was Suzlon. Now this or Amtek. Both are from same group. Amtek may look better, since its from a growing industry with partners. Don't pump in all your money.

@indiatester @rockstarIN any takers for Suzlon at 22.6, SL@21.00, Target @29.5 ? Any views?

Recent news : 105MW powerplat deal reported to exchange...

most likely S82 1.5 MW units - 70 unit Wind Farm.

Also any takers for cadilla?

Last edited:
@indiatester @rockstarIN any takers for Suzlon at 22.6, SL@21.00, Target @29.5 ? Any views?

Suzlon has just tuned positive in my technicals.
Cadila, looks like they had a split/bonus. I need to adjust my db to account for this. I will update tomorrow.

Not follow Suzlon, however..it will turn profitable soon as per the management.

There are plenty of other scrips available for investing!

Back
Top Bottom