What's new

Cafe Thar, near Mithi, Sindh

It says VAGETABLES. No pun related to body parts intended. :D

May be it is time to consider bifocals?

MAJOR TOURIST ATTRACTIONS OF THE THAR DESERT, SINDH PAKISTAN

Tharparkar Desert is about 19,638 km2 (7,582 sq mi) an Arid, Subtropical desert land of Sindh province. The Tharparkar Region forms part of the bigger desert of the same name that sprawls over a vast area of Pakistan and India from Cholistan to Nagarparkar in Pakistan and from the south of the Haryana down to Rajasthan in India

Thar Desert is an open natural museum, which is consists on seven different ecological zones, sand dunes covered with thorny bushes, drought resistant desert Trees. Every year in monsoon soon season, all Valleys, Sand Dunes and desert tracks goes lush green, which offers many tourist attractions in the region. Also, the diversified habitat and beautiful ecosystem of the Thar desert offers many tourist attractions in the region and home to some endangered species of wild animals, which are vanishing in other parts of the country.

Culture Thar Desert
The Thar desert is very rich in culture, folk music, folk dance, colorful traditional dresses and jewelry. Thari Language (Dhatki, Parkari), Jain Temples, Sand Dunes, Wild Organic Food, Wild Vegetables, Open Sky, Romantic Moon Nights and Handicrafts are the attraction of the region.

Towns of Thar Desert
The towns of Tharparkar Desert of Sindh, Pakistan includes the Mithi (District Head Quarter), Islamkot, Chelhar, Diplo, Chachro, Mubarik Rind, Dano Dhandhal, Verahwan & Nagarparkar.

Flora of Thar Desert
Numerous types of Shrubs, Bushes, Grasses and Drought resistant Trees such

Tree:

• Khejri/Kandi (English Name: Prosopis cineraria, Scientific Name: Prosopis cineraria & Family Name: Fabaceae)
  • Roheero/Rohida (English Name: Desert teak or Marwar teak, Scientific Name: Tecomella undulata Family Name: Bignoniaceae)
  • Neem/Nim, (English Name: Neem & Scientific Name: Azadirachta Indica, Family Name: Meliaceae)
  • Kumbhat (English Name: Acacia Senegal, Scientific Name: Senegalia Senegal & Family Name: Fabaceae)
  • Kirir/Kair (English Name: Caper, Scientific Name: Capparis Decidua & Family Name: Capparaceae)
  • Babur/Kikar (English Name: Gum arabica, Scientific name: Acacia nilotica & Family Name: Fabaceae)
  • Devi (English Name: Mesquite Scientific Name: Prosopis Juliflora & Family Name: Leguminosae or Fabaceae)
Shrub/Bushes:

• Booh (English Name: Snow Bush, Scientific Name: Aerva javanica & Family Name: Amaranthaceae)
  • Khip (English Name: Broom Brush, Scientific Name: Leptadenia pyrotechnica & Family Name: Apocynaceae)
  • Aak (English Name: Apple of Sodom, Scientific Name: Calotropis procera & Family Name: Asclepiadaceae)
  • Phog (English Name: Calligonum polygonoides, Scientific Name: Calligonum polygonoides & Family Name: Polygonaceae
  • Thuhar (English Name: Milk Hedge, Scientific Name: Euphorbia Neriifolia & Family Name: Euphorbiaceae)
  • Ber/Jhar Beri (English Name: Jujube, Scientific Name: Ziziphus nummularia & Family Name: Rhamnaceae)
  • Guglan/Googral/Guggal (English Name: Mukul Myrrh Tree, Scientific Name: Commiphora wightii Family Name: Burseraceae)
  • Son Makkai (English Name: Alexandrian Senna, Scientific Name: Cassia angustifolia M. Vahl & Family Name: Fabaceae)
Tourist Point of Thar Desert

Mithi (District Head Quarter):

• Sand Dunes, Safari
  • Gadhi Bhit
  • Temple
  • Special Sweet
  • Pabuhar Tarai (natural pond)
  • Cafe Thar
Chelhar

• Ranasar Tarai
  • Temples
  • Raichand Rathore Library
Islamkot:

• Tharparkar Museum
  • Temple Nenuram (Aakharo)
  • Thar Coal
Nagarparkar:

• Ghurho Tari
  • Gori Temple
  • Marvi Jo Koh
  • Bhodesar (Talla, Temple, Mosque)
  • Karoonjhar Hills
  • Kasibo
  • Chooriyo
  • Rann of Kach
  • Dams
  • Tarvat jo Thalho
  • Sardaro
  • Anchelasar

It's a private enterprise (I assume). You can't blame people for trying to make money. If the person running it didn't, maybe their kids would be hungry too?
You mean this guy who's the owner of this place and supported by Sindh government, as is shown in the post bellow which he posted on his twitter is some poor bloke who cant feed his kids
And he posted this picture on his twitter.
DY04qSMWkAAo5bj.jpg

You mean this guy who's the owner of this place and supported by Sindh government, as is shown in the post bellow which he posted on his twitter is some poor bloke who cant feed his kids
And he posted this picture on his twitter.
View attachment 520525

Unless someone set up a restaurant with government funds in an area where people are dying hungry - i won't knock the owner. I don't know the first thing about him, so i could be wrong, for all i know it could well be set up with government funds or whatever. IDK - until i know, it's just a restarant which belongs to a guy.

Great place. Too far south for me but if I was ever in Sindh I would love to try it. And as additional bonus I notice the cuisines are listed as Pakistani, Chinese etc. No rubbish about hiding 'Pakistan' behind Desi, Apna, Asian or Indian.

15965254_678417372339280_7917531425051527307_n.jpg

So they should.
Well it pained me to see this arid desert.
I can feel warm even in cold winters.
So easily it can be turned into a meadow or an oasis. But people don't have food to eat how would they think about trivial things as landscape and trees .

Well it pained me to see this arid desert.
I can feel warm even in cold winters.
So easily it can be turned into a meadow or an oasis. But people don't have food to eat how would they think about trivial things as landscape and trees .

Deserts have a charm all their own. Economic development will follow the money brought in by tourist to such cafes and hotels, gradually. This is a good start.

Deserts have a charm all their own. Economic development will follow the money brought in by tourist to such cafes and hotels, gradually. This is a good start.
Pakistan has a lot of It.
We are not big in size as US as can have vast wastelands.
Ofcourse with climate change and specially. Pakistan greatly effected by it , the waste lands which are not sandy desert (Pakistan has those sandy deserts too) can be turned into a vast jungle of trees by using human waste as manure and sweage water through drip irrigation. We have green trees that survive 55c and grow quickly.
They would result in more rain by changing and can change weather patterns.
Plus most of the smog coming from India can be filtered through these wilderness as mostly these deserts lie between pak and India.
It would also provide refuge for the birds that come from siberia every year.
The people in this village are always dying due to no Water. No. One can understand the importance of Green then those people .
We lack Vision

Pakistan has a lot of It.
We are not big in size as US as can have vast wastelands.
Ofcourse with climate change and specially. Pakistan greatly effected by it , the waste lands which are not sandy desert (Pakistan has those sandy deserts too) can be turned into a vast jungle of trees by using human waste as manure and sweage water through drip irrigation. We have green trees that survive 55c and grow quickly.
They would result in more rain by changing and can change weather patterns.
Plus most of the smog coming from India can be filtered through these wilderness as mostly these deserts lie between pak and India.
It would also provide refuge for the birds that come from siberia every year.
The people in this village are always dying due to no Water. No. One can understand the importance of Green then those people .
We lack Vision

The first thing Pakistan lacks is not vision, but water. Trees are good, but they need water to thrive.

The first thing Pakistan lacks is not vision, but water. Trees are good, but they need water to thrive.
They do have enough water if they make enough dams.
After that we don't treat our sweage water and waste it totally.
That can be used for horticulture.
They are doing this in many countries

They do have enough water if they make enough dams.
After that we don't treat our sweage water and waste it totally.
That can be used for horticulture.
They are doing this in many countries

And how many billions - which Pakistan does not have - will it take to build all the needed dams and the water treatment plants, and even if there were the money available, how long would that take?

And how many billions - which Pakistan does not have - will it take to build all the needed dams and the water treatment plants, and even if there were the money available, how long would that take?
Look I know it sounds very hypothetical..
But Pakistan is not utilizing its total water storage capacity.
Immediately so many large dams can be built that can for half a century solve Pakistan need for water.
About 50 to 60 billion dollars investment is needed.
Several dam such as bunji, diamer bhasha, and several others works are just ready and only need funding .
There is a huge money problem.
If we do have money and good planning experts., we can start them now and they would be ready in 4 years.
We are still making suki kinari and thakot dams with the investment of China.. They are big dams.
Dasu is another funded by World Bank, which is another big dam in the initial stage.

Back
Top Bottom