What's new

By End 2016, Over 43% of World's Skyscrapers Are In China

Embarrassing that India is no where in the list.

But we have several projects in the pipeline.

Embarrassing that India is no where in the list.

But we have several projects in the pipeline.

Is india very flat or are there alot of mountains? 70% of china's landmass are mountains, hills, highlands so a lot of the population is concentrated in that 30% area left which means buildings go up high due to land being at a premium.

Is india very flat or are there alot of mountains? 70% of china's landmass are mountains, hills, highlands so a lot of the population is concentrated in that 30% area left which means buildings go up high due to land being at a premium.

India is very blessed, most of the land below Kashmir is very flat.

However India is prone to natural disasters, which can act as an deterrent to making tall buildings (and funds.)

India is very blessed, most of the land below Kashmir is very flat.

However India is prone to natural disasters, which can act as an deterrent to making tall buildings (and funds.)

if India is very prone to natural disaster, how about Indonesia or Japan? i dont think it was a good reason though.

Indonesia or Japan

As per CTBUH, latest ranking of countries by skyscrapers (200m+ completed buildings) is as below. Over 43% of all are in China, followed by US, UAE, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Indonesia and Singapore.

wqkjnqwl.png

http://skyscrapercenter.com/countries?list=buildings-200

Last edited:
Why are the likes of France and UK are so low?

There are highs and lows so I can't comment on that, though I agree with @madokafc that natural environment is not an hinderance given Japan and Indonesia have high number of skyscrapers.

Observation on several Chinese metropolis (say Hong Kong, Shanghai) is that urban planners are "metro-centric", "hi-lo mix", i.e. construct a huge web of metro (urban rail transport), allocate ultra hi-density (hence more skyscrapers) to vicinity of metro access, and leaves other urban land very low-density. Metro is a pre-requisite for massive development of skyscapers.

Last edited:
There are highs and lows so I can't comment on that, though I agree with @madokafc that natural environment is not an hinderance given Japan and Indonesia have high number of skyscrapers.

My comment on several Chinese metropolis (say Hong Kong, Shanghai) is that urban planners are "metro-centric", "hi-lo mix", i.e. construct a huge web of metro (urban rail transport), allocate ultra hi-density (hence more skyscrapers) to vicinity of metro access, and leaves other urban land very low-density. Metro and skyscraper must co-exist.

I was surprised with the stats of Beijing!

There are highs and lows so I can't comment on that, .
maybe i can.......
you see london is in need of towers and several projects have been approved and are under way
i ask of you to look at the link below
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_and_structures_in_London#Approved

but do note skyscrapers in london wont exceed 400 meters max due to london city airport being in the heart of london
that said london has the most busiest airports per city in the world

My comment on several Chinese metropolis (say Hong Kong, Shanghai) is that urban planners are "metro-centric", "hi-lo mix", i.e. construct a huge web of metro (urban rail transport), allocate ultra hi-density (hence more skyscrapers) to vicinity of metro access, and leaves other urban land very low-density. Metro and skyscraper must co-exist.

must be related to culture and urban planning. There is some countries who forbid the build of highrises on their major cities to preserve their scenic view (like Italy and France)

maybe i can.......
you see london is in need of towers and several projects have been approved and are under way
i ask of you to look at the link below
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_and_structures_in_London#Approved
Good info!

london has the most busiest airports

Busiest airports in the world by passenger traffic are Atlanta, Beijing (Capital) & Dubai, by cargo traffic are Hong Kong, Memphis and Shanghai (Pudong). Beijing and Shanghai both have two airports. But if Heathrow location is close to city then sure it does affect building height limit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_cargo_traffic

must be related to culture and urban planning. There is some countries who forbid the build of highrises on their major cities to preserve their scenic view (like Italy and France)
Yes I agree, these are primary factors. By adding infra/connectivity, urban planners can selectively boost value of a land, which will then become suitable for multi-storey buildings even skyscrapers.

Last edited:
Beijing is different, She has strict height restriction law so she will stay this way. Other Chinese cities will dominate the world skylines in the coming years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom