What's new

Bush cautions Manmohan Singh on Zardari

Marshal

Reaction score
Bush cautions Manmohan Singh on Zardari
TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos -
9/28/2008 6:19:13 PM
In a significant development, which will effect the future relations between US and Pakistan, highly placed government sources have told TIMES NOW that US President George W Bush has cautioned Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh against taking Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari at face value.

Govt sources have told TIMES NOW that Bush told Manmohan Sing that he had huge doubts about Zardari’s ability to deliver on assurances made to India on curbing cross border terror.

Bush shared his assessment with Manmohan Singh during the course of their bi-lateral meeting when the two discussed terrorism in South Asia. The Prime Minister in turn is reported to have told Bush that though the Indian government didn't push Zardari too hard India did convey to him its strong views on terror from Pakistan soil.

Highly placed government sources have told TIMES NOW that Zardari went out of his way to tell the PM that India needed to give him some time as he was only a week-old President.

This is disturbing, such news leaks just create more tension rather then sorting it out.

This is disturbing, such news leaks just create more tension rather then sorting it out.
In this case India now has to engage itself diplomaticaly at 3 deffernt level with Pakistan.
Political, Military and ISI.....as they are the power centre in pakistan

In this case India now has to engage itself diplomaticaly at 3 deffernt level with Pakistan.
Political, Military and ISI.....as they are the power centre in pakistan

Are you serious? Dude get out of this self created paranoia of yours. Army as an institution is well within the democratic setup. Havent you noticed that even when Musharraf was on the verge of being disposed off by the collation partners, none of above tried to engage in, not army not ISI. This clearly shows that army as said by the COAS has kept itself away from all decision making even the actions in the tribal area are approved by the government and not what the US anticipated to convince the army to do it on its own.
Though i dont think i need to clearfy this but i still am, India if serious in making a dialouge has to make with the govenment, army has no role in that. It will abide by whatever the parliament decides. Dont try to follow the US foot steps in engaging army and government separately. That has back fired.

Bush cautions MM Singh about Zardari???

Zardari proposed MM Singh???

I think i missed something.

Indeed the TimesNOW :) come on guys any sane person will not even be talking about crap by TimesNow.
It was the Channel that soon after Jaypor blasts started spitting venom and the panel on its disscusion forum program was literaly shouting and asking the Indian Government to pospone secretary level Talks with Pakistan that were schedueld in May last the month when Jaypor blasts happend.
The channel was outrightly blaming ISI saying "Govt to MM Singh is going to hold talks with Pakistan. Can we do that when Pakistan is doing jaypor. Govt should postpone talks.
We should return the blasts with more might." :disagree:
That were the exact words of the participants not some ordinry people but were Indian intellectuals, politicians and journalists.

You guys can go and watch archives of TimesNow for that.

Wtf is Times Now and how on earth did these 'highly placed government sources' passed the information of this magnitude to a third class reporter? :disagree:

If true Paksitan FO would have summoned the US Ambassador right away.

Where is this jaypoor by the way? I think Jaipur. There are people who have there own views. Nothing much can be done about that.

Are you serious? Dude get out of this self created paranoia of yours. Army as an institution is well within the democratic setup. Havent you noticed that even when Musharraf was on the verge of being disposed off by the collation partners, none of above tried to engage in, not army not ISI. This clearly shows that army as said by the COAS has kept itself away from all decision making even the actions in the tribal area are approved by the government and not what the US anticipated to convince the army to do it on its own.
Though i dont think i need to clearfy this but i still am, India if serious in making a dialouge has to make with the govenment, army has no role in that. It will abide by whatever the parliament decides. Dont try to follow the US foot steps in engaging army and government separately. That has back fired.

Dude....... ask your self first that how many times your army has gone above the democratic setup since the indipendense.... give us at least one reason to belive that in future army wont do that again ..... so I would advise you the same get out of this self created paranoia of yours.

and by the way before giving this kind of remarks you should know that I was just responding to that news and I didnt created that news.

Bush cautions MM Singh about Zardari???

Zardari proposed MM Singh???

I think i missed something.

Indeed the TimesNOW :) come on guys any sane person will not even be talking about crap by TimesNow. It was the Channel that soon after Jaypor blasts started spitting venom and the panel on its disscusion forum program was literaly shouting and asking the Indian Government to pospone secretary level Talks with Pakistan that were schedueld in May last the month when Jaypor blasts happend.
The channel was outrightly blaming ISI saying "Govt to MM Singh is going to hold talks with Pakistan. Can we do that when Pakistan is doing jaypor. Govt should postpone talks.
We should return the blasts with more might." :disagree:
That were the exact words of the participants not some ordinry people but were Indian intellectuals, politicians and journalists.

You guys can go and watch archives of TimesNow for that.

look whose talking ........:partay: janaji aap bhi..... every 5 out of 10 news of yours particularly those India bashing news are from Times of India.

Kindly refer to the underlined & highlighted portions above.

If this is correct then we are on the right path. Past experience says otherwise.

1. The Army was still under the Parliament during Kargil / Lahore Declaration.

2. The army has abided only so long as it is convenient, once the ' thin red line' is crossed the PM is either hung, jailed or blown up.

3. How much of what is underlined was from the goodness of the heart & how much was courtesy Uncle Sam ?

It would indeed be wonderful if things change. After all it is needed.

Dude....... ask your self first that how many times your army has gone above the democratic setup since the indipendense.... give us at least one reason to belive that in future army wont do that again ..... so I would advise you the same get out of this self created paranoia of yours.

We dont go forward by holding on to the past. Then were different circumstances but none had to do anything with India, so where in the hell did India come into the equation.
Also if you guys just for one second assume that you can engage the army and ISI seperately from the GOP, you are so seriously mistaken. Americans have come to know it, India can try is as wel and will realize the same.
As for one reason, i dont think i need to. I have already proved my point. Rest is about to you guys to believe it or not.

and by the way before giving this kind of remarks you should know that I was just responding to that news and I didnt created that news.

And i was responding to your remarks over the same.

Kindly refer to the underlined & highlighted portions above.

If this is correct then we are on the right path. Past experience says otherwise.

1. The Army was still under the Parliament during Kargil / Lahore Declaration.

2. The army has abided only so long as it is convenient, once the ' thin red line' is crossed the PM is either hung, jailed or blown up.

3. How much of what is underlined was from the goodness of the heart & how much was courtesy Uncle Sam ?

It would indeed be wonderful if things change. After all it is needed.

I have given my response to Marshal, same stands for you. Like i said we can all agree to disagree. The bottom line is India itself has never been really serious with the dialouge and these are just lame excuses that India can come up with. You are dealing with a country here not some rag tag militia leaders of congo.

Though as a respected personality as a President of Pakistan.

Zardari seems out of his mind by conveying Manmohan through Bush that he was only a week-old President.

Perhaps he believed Bush always talks tough and will take the same toughness he took while visiting Pakistan earlier.

But in International politics countries stance does not change with change of leaders.

This news piece sounds made up.

The US President won't risk his own neck just to "caution" Singh.

Back
Top Bottom