Burma, Bangladesh at Odds over Deadly Border Clash

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Burma, Bangladesh at Odds over Deadly Border Clash

610x435x610x435x4-Custom.jpg,Mic.ZL02_H_bQJ.jpg.pagespeed.ic.KubydUkFsw.webp

Part of a fence separating Burma and Bangladesh is seen from a village in Bangladesh.

RANGOON / DHAKA — Bangladesh has lodged a protest with Burma over what it called an unprovoked attack against its border guards by Burmese security forces on May 30, following an earlier exchange of fire in which one Bangladeshi guard was killed.

Burma has given a different version of events and has warned Bangladesh it will not tolerate any violation of its sovereignty or territory.

Maj-Gen Aziz Ahmed, head of Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB), told reporters on Saturday that a body handed over by the Burmese side was that of guard Mizanur Rahman, 43, who had gone missing on May 28.

In a statement on Saturday, the Bangladeshi Foreign Ministry said it had called in Burma’s ambassador to protest at an “unprovoked eruption of gunfire from the Myanmar border force” on May 30.

“The Myanmar Ambassador was told that a BGB team was waiting near border pillar no. 52 for identification of the dead body which was proposed by the Myanmar side. However, to the complete surprise of the BGB, Myanmar border forces suddenly started firing on the waiting BGB team without any provocation,” it said.

Burma’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Saturday that the first incident on May 28 involved Burmese troops and “two suspected armed Bengalis in yellow camouflage uniform who entered into Myanmar territory” in Maungdaw Township. One was killed and the other fled into Bangladesh, it said.

Many in Burma, including government officials, use the term “Bengali” to refer to Rohingya people, hundreds of thousands of whom live in the northwestern state of Arakan.

They are seen by Burma as illegal immigrants from Bangladesh. They are denied citizenship and increasingly live in segregated camps after outbreaks of communal violence over the past two years.

“There was no BGB team patrolling along the border … on that day, as claimed by the Bangladesh side,” Burma’s Foreign Ministry said. It denied that Burmese troops opened fire on any BGB members and said the clothing worn by the man who was killed did not match the BGB uniform.

On the May 30 incident, it said Burma had asked the BGB to “fetch the dead body at the Boundary Pillar 52 where the exchange of fire had occurred.” The allegation that the Burma side started to fire was “far from the reality,” it added.

Bangladesh’s statement noted a reported deployment of Burmese forces along the border and said that violated a 1980 agreement, so the forces should be withdrawn.

It added that Burma should not “allow any action that may affect the friendly bilateral relations” between the two.

For its part, Burma said it would “resort to diplomatic means to solve problems peacefully in view of existing bilateral friendly relations and good neighborliness.”

Do they have a territorial dispute?

No we don't, it is India and their agents in Bangladesh that is trying to manufacture a conflict, just like they did pre-1971 between then East and West wing of Pakistan. India is afraid that China will build a road/rail link via Myanmar-Bangladesh border, if Myanmar-Bangladesh relations improve and all our mutual problems are resolved.

Do they have a territorial dispute?

nope..its just a dispute about "Illegal Incursion".they accused Rohingyas as "Illegal Bangladeshi migrants" and this time they shot down one "Paramilitary soldier" who "Crossed the border illegally".

No we don't, it is India and their agents in Bangladesh that is trying to manufacture a conflict, just like they did pre-1971 between then East and West wing of Pakistan. India is afraid that China will build a road/rail link via Myanmar-Bangladesh border, if Myanmar-Bangladesh relations improve and all our mutual problems are resolved.

and then suddenly,one dinosaur popped out from Chicken's egg..

:lol:
so bgb trying to train and send armed rohingya is complete fabricated lie?

:lol:
so bgb trying to train and send armed rohingya is complete fabricated lie?

Comprehension problem? I am saying Indian mercenary BGB at RAW instruction is doing this, sending Islamist Rohingya terrorist RSO on terror operation to Myanmar. India now controls Bangladesh, so the puppet master must take responsibility for the Islamist terrorist aided and abetted by Indian mercenary BGB.

You should seek professional help.

Comprehension problem? I am saying Indian mercenary BGB at RAW instruction is doing this, sending Islamist Rohingya terrorist RSO on terror operation to Myanmar. India now controls Bangladesh, so the puppet master must take responsibility for the Islamist terrorist aided and abetted by Indian mercenary BGB.
at one point I am sure you will start believing your own lies.
I can have a rational conversation with @MBI munsi but you go just too far. You even make bangladeshis uncomfortable here, some of them must be thinking.. wtf is going on.

at one point I am sure you will start believing your own lies.
I can have a rational conversation with @MBI munsi but you go just too far. You even make bangladeshis uncomfortable here, some of them must be thinking.. wtf is going on.

Do you have any proof that my statement is not correct? I don't have any proof either that it is like this, but this is my best guess, considering we have proof that Hasina is Indian puppet and RAW is literally running Bangladesh. So naturally Islamist RSO terrorists attacking Myanmar under support from BGB has to be directed by Indian intelligence agency, RAW.

Do you have any proof that my statement is not correct? I don't have any proof either that it is like this, but this is my best guess, considering we have proof that Hasina is Indian puppet and RAW is literally running Bangladesh. So naturally Islamist RSO terrorists attacking Myanmar under support from BGB has to be directed by Indian intelligence agency, RAW.
there are a lot of things that will make logical sense once you have a conclusion and work backward. Thats how any conspiracy theory is made.
For example I can say china is paying bangladesh to send illegal bangladeshis so as to weaken us from within. Does it make any sense even though we got rivalry with china, they got 100 ways to check us, and just because I can think of a way does not make it true. It only shown my unnatural fear of china.

Realistically India is wooing myanmar (to control NE separatists and for access to east and also to check influence of china) and you think we will throw that away just so that you two can fight?
Myanmar and BD are neighbour, and every neighbours have issues, myanmar regime has got issues with their own minority and that has caused tention within you two. This is natural and sufficient explanation of events that occured.
I am pretty sure isro2222 will bring aliens into it.

And if you really believe in your theories, be aware than your own bd members are laughing at you, even those who thank you.

there are a lot of things that will make logical sense once you have a conclusion and work backward. Thats how any conspiracy theory is made.
For example I can say china is paying bangladesh to send illegal bangladeshis so as to weaken us from within. Does it make any sense even though we got rivalry with china, they got 100 ways to check us, and just because I can think of a way does not make it true. It only shown my unnatural fear of china.

Realistically India is wooing myanmar (to control NE separatists and for access to east and also to check influence of china) and you think we will throw that away just so that you two can fight?
Myanmar and BD are neighbour, and every neighbours have issues, myanmar regime has got issues with their own minority and that has caused tention within you two. This is natural and sufficient explanation of events that occured.
I am pretty sure isro2222 will bring aliens into it.

As long as Bangladesh is run by Indian puppet, we have no need to accept your natural explanation. You have installed your puppet against the will of Bangladeshi people, so you must take responsibility for their failures. Where are the Indians now who were proudly proclaiming that Bangladesh is India's vassal state, a statement I happen to agree with. Suddenly they are quiet it seems. I think you know very well what I am saying and are getting upset because my assertions make sense and you have no good way to refute it.

As long as Bangladesh is run by Indian puppet, we have no need to accept your natural explanation. You have installed your puppet against the will of Bangladeshi people, so you must take responsibility for their failures. Where are the Indians now who were proudly proclaiming that Bangladesh is India's vassal state, a statement I happen to agree with. Suddenly they are quiet it seems. I think you know very well what I am saying and are getting upset because my assertions make sense and you have no good way to refute it.
people have stopped responding to your posts because you have stopped making any sense. Saying India supported regime is one thing (many bd members say that and I sort of agree) but the following assertions are just weird.
No wonder only people who reply to you are Indian trolls with nothing to lose. basically they are having fun at your expense.

looks like...burma has bigger balls then india.

Back
Top Bottom