What's new

BRIC to counter US anti-Iran move at UN

Instead of abandoning the North Koreas and letting them all starve to death, why not prop them in the right direction? Kim Jong Il is about to expire soon and China will have a major say in the successor. The right push may liberalize North Korean's economy and government.

That's right. :tup:

It's easy for Westerners to tell us to "stop giving food to North Korea"... they aren't the ones who will have to deal with the resulting humanitarian crisis, the millions of starving Korean civilians, and the millions of refugees that will attempt to flood into northern China.

Great suggestion. Right now the only real hurdle to that is the Xingjiang issue but I'm confident that could be solved in time.

Can't agree with that. The last time I checked Pakistan is still combating terrorism and helping to restore regional stability. Kim Jong Il on the other hand is causing more trouble for himself and for China.

Pakistan can never satisfy the Indians short of surrendering their security and sovereignty to India. Facts on ground do not matter to these Indians, so your attempt to convince that Pakistan is doing something constructive will always be a futile attempt. Sorry to disappoint you.

That's right. :tup:

It's easy for Westerners to tell us to "stop giving food to North Korea"... they aren't the ones who will have to deal with the resulting humanitarian crisis, the millions of starving Korean civilians, and the millions of refugees that will attempt to flood into northern China.

One reason that I got involved on this thread is because I think that economic sanctions against "belligerent countries" are foolish.

Take North Korea, for example. Will Kim Jong Il stop the nuclear program if you stop sending aid? No. Who suffers the most? The North Korean people. Now who do you think those people are going to sympathize with?

Back
Top Bottom