What's new

Breaking news Petrol prices increased

Well I don't know a single country where oil prices are stable. Which country are you talking about? In 2005/06 The price of petrol in UK was about 80p per litre, in 2013 it's £1.40 (about 220 rupees). I believe, there is not a single country except the oil producing nations where the price of oil didn't change by more than 50% in last 5 years.

In Pakistan, back in 2008 the price of crude oil had dropped from 140 dollars to 40 dollars per barrel, the dollar was about 60 rupees per dollar and the price of petrol was also about 60 rupees per litre. If the price of crude oil had not increased and only the rupee was devalued to 100 rupees per dollar... You would be paying 100 rupees per litre for petrol just because of currency conversion. But here the fact is, not only the currency has devalued but the price of crude oil has also increased by 110% in last 5 years. Now do the maths.....

You import expensive oil, you sell it expensive...

in UK people use british gas and dont use petrol, the gas prices have remained very stable since in moved in here

about petrol, going from 80p to 1.40 is not a big deal in ten years period

in pakistan it has more than quadrupled or even more in very few years

in UK people use british gas and dont use petrol, the gas prices have remained very stable since in moved in here

about petrol, going from 80p to 1.40 is not a big deal in ten years period

in pakistan it has more than quadrupled or even more in very few years

British prices of fuel are high due to taxes but the people get good social services in return. The percentage of average income spent on fuel is also much lower. That is the difference in comparing prices.

British prices of fuel are high due to taxes but the people get good social services in return. The percentage of average income spent on fuel is also much lower. That is the difference in comparing prices.

im comparing the stability of the fuel prices and in UK the prices dont hike much here, they remain stable

and for years im buying daily groceries at the same rate, they dont even get inflated

if fuel prices had hiked abrupty as it hikes in pakistan we would have seen the prices of comodities hike abruptly, but no in my four years stay i have not seem prices of things i purchase getting higher

Back
Top Bottom