PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Khaleda alludes to controversial Satkhira report
Demands fresh JS polls, blames govt for attacks on Hindus

khaleda_8.jpg

Source: Star
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia addresses a public rally at Suhrawardy Udyan this afternoon
Star Online Report

Referring to a controversial newspaper report alleging involvement of Indian troops in a recent drive in Satkhira, BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia today expressed her doubt whether all who took part in the drive were members of Bangladesh's joint forces.

“The houses of the people have been destroyed in a way which seems they were not people of the country. No citizen of Bangladesh can do this to his own countrymen,” Khaleda told a public rally at Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital this afternoon.

“Is our sovereignty still intact or the government has sold it to others?” the former premier asked.

Expressing her fear that Bangladesh was going to lose its independence, she said called upon those who took part in the country’s 1971 Liberation War to rise up again to protect the country and its democracy.

“Our first job will be protecting the democracy.”

rally.jpg

Source: Amran Hossain
A part of the 18-party combine's rally in Suhrawardi Udyan today
Khaleda, also head of the 18-party opposition alliance, demanded immediate election under a non-party administration, saying the government does not have people’s mandate to run the country.

Foreigners did not accept the January 5 general election, she claimed.

“The government does not have public support. It is trying to stay in power by using force,” she said.

"But no government can stay in power this way for long."

She called for holding an immediate dialogue to decide the mode of the election-time government.

“Let’s hold an election under a non-party government to bring peace in the country,” said the BNP chief, saying that people would accept whatever the results come through such polls.

She called upon the government to create a congenial atmosphere of acceptable election through dialogue.

Khaleda blamed the government for destroying the country's constitution by amending it “arbitrarily”.

The BNP chief blasted the Awami League government for creating the stalemate by abolishing the caretaker government system through the 15th amendment to the constitution.

She accused the ruling party men for the recent attacks on the Hindu people.

“The government has to bear all responsibilities because it has failed to protect them, arrest the attackers.”

She alleged that the government was creating new issues to distract people from other issues.

She criticised the government for delay in issuing permission for the 18-party rally.

“We did not use any firearms when your leaders took to the streets. But why your government orders law enforcers to open fire indiscriminately?” she said addressing PM Sheikh Hasina.

She protested the arrest of the senior party leaders including MK Anwar and Moudud Ahmed by implicating them in what she termed "false cases".

She accused the government had been trying to harass the opposition leaders by lodging false cases against.

Khaleda demanded the release of all political leaders.

“Investment will not come and aid will decrease,” she said.

Published: 5:26 pm Monday, January 20, 2014

Last modified: 7:48 pm Monday, January 20, 2014
Khaleda alludes to controversial Satkhira report | Demands fresh JS polls, blames govt for attacks on Hindus

this is a very big statement coming from the former prime minister & opposition leader Begum Khaleda Zia

it gives weight & some credibility to the alleged Indian involvement in this case, especially when its come from such an important person like stature of the former prime minister & opposition leader Begum Khaleda Zia herself

before this , I did not take the news of Indian security forces involvements very seriously , but now it might have some truth to it

this is a very big statement coming from the former prime minister & opposition leader Begum Khaleda Zia

it gives weight & some credibility to the alleged Indian involvement in this case, especially when its come from such an important person like stature of the former prime minister & opposition leader Begum Khaleda Zia herself

before this , I did not take the news of Indian security forces involvements very seriously , but now it might have some truth to it

I think the Satkhira incident is true but the media leak is a fabricated evidence by some photoshoppers. I don't see any need to send an official letter to india seeking help which would remain as evidence. They are simply welcome by this BAL admin 24/7. When it's open to them, why do they need an official paper? Did Hasina send official letter to hire killers from india in Pillkhana?

And this Khaleda now crying over sovereignty actually never had a look on DGFI prepared report in her previous 5-year term once which the prime minister is supposed to go through once in a week.

I think the Satkhira incident is true but the media leak is a fabricated evidence by some photoshoppers. I don't see any need to send an official letter to india seeking help which would remain as evidence. They are simply welcome by this BAL admin 24/7. When it's open to them, why do they need an official paper? Did Hasina send official letter to hire killers from india in Pillkhana?

And this Khaleda now crying over sovereignty actually never had a look on DGFI prepared report in her previous 5-year term once which the prime minister is supposed to go through once in a week.

I would tend to disagree as the government objections about the documents were not particular pertinent which suggests they had something to hide.

@MBI Munshi @PlanetSoldier @kobiraaz @kalu_miah

IBN is a very credible & reputed news channel of India in this interview the panels which also includes tow former high commissioner's , are talking about some "Unfinished agenda of 1971" to be completed by haseena
could you shed some light on this what is this "unfinished agenda of 1971" which haseena has to complete ?

Last edited:

IBN is a very credible & reputed news channel of India in this interview the panels which also includes tow former high commissioner's , are talking about some "Unfinished agenda of 1971" to be completed by haseena
could you shed some light on this what is this "unfinished agenda of 1971" which haseena has to complete ?

@ Are genmerajborgza786, "Nahi samje" ? Jab Hasina khishker mare gi fir samaj jawge beta .

@ Since 1971 Awami Leaque and Indian elements killed near about 19,000 members of Muslim Leaque, Jammat-e-Islami, Nizami-e-Islam, Pakistan Democratic Party, Razakars, Al Badre, Al Sams and all those who once supported united Pakistan. Even they did not spare the Peer, Fakir and Ullemaye Mashek. Many of the Peace Commitee members were killed prima facie but many are still alive.They want to illiminate these groups. But unfortunately their number is very less. Actually they want to completely eliminate the the organised Islamic groups who are basically anti-India.

@ But I tell you they would never succeed in this region. The people of this area are out and out anti-India. In the past this fleeging was there which force them to propagate the :Two Nation Theory" and finally they achieved it. Soon the conspiracy started and the opposite group(pro-Indian) succeeded but that was not through public mandate rather through intimidation and pressure of RAW elements.

Last edited:
It was in November, bdnews24 indian editor asked india to intervene to keep Awami League in power. Indian foreign secretary futher confirmed india will use whatever necessary to install Awami League over sovereign right of Bangladeshi people.

Indian interference and proxy war against Bangladesh | Page 5

Bangladesh is in a violent phase and India must do all it can to see a friendly regime return to power
Subir BhaumikNov 1, 2013, 12.08AM IST

Bangladesh is in a violent phase and India must do all it can to see a friendly regime return to power - Times Of India

And by December india army already executing massacre in Bangladesh.

Indian Army requested to suppress Bangladesh violence

Indian backed Awami League massacre – Satkhira, Bangladesh turned into Dead Valley

Last edited:
“The houses of the people have been destroyed in a way which seems they were not people of the country. No citizen of Bangladesh can do this to his own countrymen,” Khaleda told a public rally at Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital this afternoon.

:lol:
Wow what an argument

The unfinished business is that of war crimes trial (ICT) of people who committed war crimes in 1971 war.

@ Are genmerajborgza786, "Nahi samje" ? Jab Hasina khishker mare gi fir samaj jawge beta .

@ Since 1971 Awami Leaque and Indian elements killed near about 19,000 members of Muslim Leaque, Jammat-e-Islami, Nizami-e-Islam, Pakistan Democratic Party, Razakars, Al Badre, Al Sams and all those who once supported united Pakistan. Even they did not spare the Peer, Fakir and Ullemaye Mashek. Many of the Peace Commitee members were killed prima facie but many are still alive.They want to illiminate these groups. But unfortunately their number is very less. Actually they want to completely eliminate the the organised Islamic groups who are basically anti-India.

@ But I tell you they would never succeed in this region. The people of this area are out and out anti-India. In the past this fleeging was there which force them to propagate the :Two Nation Theory" and finally they achieved it. Soon the conspiracy started and the opposite group(pro-Indian) succeeded but that was not through public mandate rather through intimidation and pressure of RAW elements.

May be i have write it earlier but as relevant so writing it again . in My native village a renowned Alem and principal of village Madrasa were killed in cold blood just because he supported united Pakistan and denied to Joy Bangla slogan demanded by mukti jodha (freedom fighter ) after liberation . he was taken to nearby field and killed in front of villagers . i heard it from my very close relative so its authenticity is beyond doubt .
Now what is the unfinished Agenda of 71 is just destroy any element opposed Indian aggression remain in country in name of crime against humanity . it si very recently adimited by BNP leader Shajahan that India has failed to buy Jamaat so all the anger now face by Jamat .

Lol. When havent Zia not spoken against India? Have she forgotten Jamaatis who imposed violent bandhs by destroying properties and houses of minorities?
She must be saying "I have never seen such destruction imposed by own sane brothers "

she is just latching onto a dubious news item but then thats what politicians do. Did you expect her to say that this news is a fabrication?
Bangladeshi politics level is quite dirty, like how they do in bihar and UP.

Back
Top Bottom