genmirajborgza786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Afghanistan Haqqani militant Haji Mali Khan captured South Asia

1 October 2011 Last updated at 07:01 ET

Afghanistan Haqqani militant Haji Mali Khan captured

A senior leaders of the militant Haqqani network, Haji Mali Khan, has been captured in Afghanistan, the Nato-led international force Isaf has said.

He was detained during an operation by Afghan and coalition forces in Paktiya province on Tuesday, Isaf said.

He was heavily armed but did not resist, it added.

Haji Mali Khan is a senior leader in the Haqqani network, which is blamed for several recent Afghan attacks and accused of having links to Pakistan.

He is also the uncle of the network's leader, Siraj Haqqani, and served as an emissary between the Haqqanis and Baitullah Mehsud, the former head of the Pakistani Taliban who was killed in a suspected US missile attack in 2009.

The capture came days after the assassination of former Afghan President and negotiator Burhanuddin Rabbani, which was blamed on the network.

The killing prompted Afghan President Hamid Karzai to say on Friday that he was focusing on talks with Pakistan rather than the Taliban.

Last week, the US military accused Pakistan's spy agency of helping the Haqqani militant network in a recent attack on Kabul.

BBC News - Afghanistan Haqqani militant Haji Mali Khan captured

yeah, in AFGHANISTAN, and then they blame Pakistan.!

And how many they will capture? All Pashtoons? No Afghan want the invaders and their bases in Afghanistan.

@ the moment i only found another breaking news but don't know where to post it please note : mod can remove this post & post it inthe right section
thanks

October 01, 2011
Afghanistan Gives Pakistan Evidence in Rabbani KillingVOA News

Photo: Reuters
Burhanuddin Rabbani (file photo).
Afghanistan's intelligence agency said Saturday it has handed over evidence to Pakistan that the assassination of former Afghan president Burhanuddin Rabbani was planned in Pakistan.

Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security, or NDS, said the September suicide bombing that killed Rabbani was plotted in Satellite, a suburb of the Pakistani city of Quetta.

Taliban leaders are believed to be based in Quetta. Their leadership council is known as the Quetta Shura. The Taliban has not claimed responsibility for Rabbani's killing.

An NDS spokesman said the agency has arrested key people involved in Rabbani's murder plot. He said the detainees have provided details about the assassination, linking the suicide bombing to the Taliban leadership.

The NDS spokesman said the evidence and documents have been submitted to the Pakistani embassy in Kabul. He said additional details would soon be released by a commission set up to investigate Rabbani's death.

Rabbani, who headed up efforts to broker peace with insurgents, was killed at his Kabul home by a suicide bomber claiming to be carrying a message of peace from the Taliban leadership.

Some information for this report was provided by AP and Reuters.

Find this article at:
Afghanistan Gives Pakistan Evidence in Rabbani Killing | Asia | English

we are talking about one person, not the whole network.

Well , the leader, an active leader is in Afghanistan, so, his group should also be there. The sole blame should not be put on Pakistan. Lets be fair, they are in AF_PAK region, because the border is porus, so it is difficult to control their moevement. So , combined action should be taken, rather than blaming one country for their own mess.

Well , the leader, an active leader is in Afghanistan, so, his group should also be there. The sole blame should not be put on Pakistan. Lets be fair, they are in AF_PAK region, because the border is porus, so it is difficult to control their moevement. So , combined action should be taken, rather than blaming one country for their own mess.

i actually agree with you on the border thing, but they have bases in NW which is well known to everyone.

i actually agree with you on the border thing, but they have bases in NW which is well known to everyone.

Well, dont they have bases in Afghnaistan? Dont the bad guys have bases in Nuristan and Kunar?

terrorist boss captured from afghanistan and RAMA O RAMA presenting evidence that haqqani.based in pakistan...wow

they havent captured the whole network. one person can travel anywhere.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Well, dont they have bases in Afghnaistan? Dont the bad guys have bases in Nuristan and Kunar?
off course the bad guys of TTP and Taliban of ours have positions in Nuristan and Kunar, who is denying that.....but the truth is, we fight them while PA is leaving haqanis intact by not fighting them.

they havent captured the whole network. one person can travel anywhere.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

off course the bad guys of TTP and Taliban of ours have positions in Nuristan and Kunar, who is denying that.....but the truth is, we fight them while PA is leaving haqanis intact by not fighting them.

Well, a bit of a correction. The ISAF is fighting them, not the Afghan Forces, they have a low profile. While in Pakistan, our economy is already stretched, so we will first finish our operation in SW, then go to the north.

we are talking about one person, not the whole network.
lol on one side you advocate the 1960 theory of lar o bar yo puktun but on the other hand you distinguish between haqqani in pakistan or haqqani in afghanistan.if you were ture to what you say then you will never mention the border because according to you all pushtuns are afghans and according to you it gives them the legimate right of defense of their tribes men in afghanistan.anyway you learnt the art which americans offers the best thats duplicity double standereds and deciet. the 3Ds keep it up

lol on one side you advocate the 1960 theory of lar o bar yo puktun but on the other hand you distinguish between haqqani in pakistan or haqqani in afghanistan.if you were ture to what you say then you will never mention the border because according to you all pushtuns are afghans and according to you it gives them the legimate right of defense of their tribes men in afghanistan.anyway you learnt the art which americans offers the best thats duplicity double standereds and deciet. the 3Ds keep it up

You are mistaken here my friend, i dont give a damn about lar awo bar thing, for me it is either paksitan or afghan. I am a Tajik and recognize your territorial integrity, NWFP is rightly yours and recognized by the UN. I am with you on this.

what about cross border attacks in to lower dir swat mumand agency and malakand agency with paktiya by afghans???and what is Nato miitary machine doing or is capible of in afghan border??if you think there is a cross border terror problem then why afghan govt let pakistan to mine and fence the border?if terrorist are coming from pakistan then why is nato not monitoring the border?why they left the border checkposts?Nato dont have the resolve to correct the problem or the capacity.and if its the capicity then they lost the war already

Well, a bit of a correction. The ISAF is fighting them, not the Afghan Forces, they have a low profile. While in Pakistan, our economy is already stretched, so we will first finish our operation in SW, then go to the north.
no bro, afghan forces are fighting them , let me know if you wanted the links for it.

Back
Top Bottom