What's new

Brazil to provide 100 missiles to Pakistan

But sir! 60-70km range is nothing as compared to brahmos. At least the range shold be increased upto 150to 200kms. Cuz the JF-17 won't be able to get near the Indians radar installation within 70km in the presence of their AWACs and Sukoi 30 Aircrafts cuz they can use BVRs to shoot JF17 from at least more than 100kms easily....:smokin:

Yar both are of hell different leagues , how can you compare an anti-radiation missile with a nuclear capable cruise missile? don't compare apples with oranges

For the second part the air battle is not about just bvrs or AWACS ,its how you plan your tactics and the extent to which you can anticipate correctly ,its all about penetrating the enemy air-defences to launch a successful strike in enemy's territory ,for that there are special plans,factors and manoeuvres decided .

MAR-1 has been reported to have a range of 25 km when launched from an altitude of approximately 33,000 feet. so it needed to even more closer than u think.

Yar both are of hell different leagues , how can you compare an anti-radiation missile with a nuclear capable cruise missile? don't compare apples with oranges

For the second part the air battle is not about just bvrs or AWACS ,its how you plan your tactics and the extent to which you can anticipate correctly ,its all about penetrating the enemy air-defences to launch a successful strike in enemy's territory ,for that there are special plans,factors and manoeuvres decided .
I agree to ure post and thats true but my point was infact to make a precaution for the safety factor. The increase in range will give more area of safety and survivability for our aircrafts. I mean if we have chance to icrease its range to 150km then we will be safe way beyond the threat level especially regarding the BVR's are concerned as well well as India has S-300 air defence system installed....:eek:

weapons-defence-20-large.jpg
mar14is0.jpg
mar12cd2.jpg
Folha-infogr%C3%A1fico-m%C3%ADsseis-Mectron.JPG
Pshamim
Rizvi Saheb, Munir Saheb is correct. Specs you have mentioned is for the older version. Pakistan received the new version

Minimum specs are as follows

Total mass of the missile is 274 KG but Pakistani missile can weigh up to 350kg
Warhead is upto 90 KG
Minimum Range 60km t 30000 feet
Speed mach 0.5 to mach1.2

Missile was found to be extremely efficient against Israely ELTA el/m 2106. Hope it helps

I agree to ure post and thats true but my point was infact to make a precaution for the safety factor. The increase in range will give more area of safety and survivability for our aircrafts. I mean if we have chance to icrease its range to 150km then we will be safe way beyond the threat level especially regarding the BVR's are concerned as well well as India has S-300 air defence system installed....:eek:

MAR-1 has been reported to have a range of 25 km when launched from an altitude of approximately 33,000 feet. so it needed to even more closer than u think.

The range of 25km you guys are quoting is from wikipedia, dont go by wikipedia, the actual range is much more than this , atleast 50km ....that was from some source posted by me almost a year back .....can't remember the exact thread but i think it was jf-17 thread ....if you feel a dire need you guys can search it out there but for that you have to go through many pages

100 Missiles are not enough i guess. atleast 300 to hony chayie,.:P

All 100 MAR 1s were delivered, i think PAF sent it's C-130 for this purpose.

the question is if any of the Piranha were delivered or are due? Maybe Nabil_05 or Fatman can help us here?

MunirQUOTE

Maa-1a (now) = 3rd gen = python 3 = average aim 9L
Maa-1b (2012) = 4th gen dual seeker = python 4 = latest versions Aim9L
Darter (2015) = 5th gen digital seeker = python 5 = aim9X

all will be PAF JF17 WVR options.
PAF bought MAR 1 for around 108 million for 100 missiles. That is around three times more per missile then the HARM average, and 25% more then the E variant. This is excluding testing and shipping (smile) so we can be sure that certain degree of TOT is involved. If you know that the initial investment for MAA-1b is only 3 million...

Something that should be added is the way Brasil handled it. Pure secrecy and good relaionship. They knew Pakistani situation cause they were (are) in it the same way for years. USA has blocked "sensitive" "dual" parts more then a few times to Brasil. Even the MAR-1 was delayed due to US action to stop direct and indirect parts being shipped to Brasil. These were the laser gyros, the seeker, engine. You see the mastered it and moved to a new level with second versions with more range (hence the burning time of MAA1A versus MAA1B is 2 to 6 and MAR1 has a lo more range) and better sensors (MAA1A has dual mode seeker, roll mechanism a la Python 4, high off bore sight and HMD, same attack pattern as Python 4). I needs to be added that Brasil has Python 4 in its service so they know what they do. It is not all new invention.

SIR Pshamim--
Yes. We got some MAA-1A last August and September. B version still in testing but contracts may have been signed. India is not very happy and it thinks because of Brazil and India being part of BRIC Brazil should not support Pakistan.

However, theremay have been an agreemnt in place according to which Pakistan and Brazil, probably Mectron will share the development costs 50:50. I am not sure if the agreement was for MAR-1 or MAA-1B. Mectron is reported to have added 60 more engineers after the agreement so it is most likely to benefit from this agreement

South Africa and Brazil are cooperating in the development of "A" darter missile which is undergoing tests. Hopefully, the production will start in 2013 and Pakistan is the first country to show interest. It has shown its willingness to buy at least 500 to 1000 of this missile for $450,000 each. This news has already been published before and not a secret

Rizvi Saheb, Munir Saheb is correct. Specs you have mentioned is for the older version. Pakistan received the new version

Minimum specs are as follows

Total mass of the missile is 274 KG but Pakistani missile can weigh up to 350kg
Warhead is upto 90 KG
Minimum Range 60km t 30000 feet
Speed mach 0.5 to mach1.2

Missile was found to be extremely efficient against Israely ELTA el/m 2106. Hope it helps

mectron-cronograma.jpg

the question is if any of the Piranha were delivered or are due? Maybe Nabil_05 or Fatman can help us here?

A version came with MAR-1 but B is yet to arrive. 2012 is the likely date of delivery but they can be sent sooner depending on trial performance. They are being tested for 2 years now. Brazil will get the first batch then PAF will start receiving hers. It is also known that these were offered during MAR-1 evaluation and for the sake of missile's operational similarity, the A version was sent.

As far as i know C-130 was there for M-1 Piranhas and not for MAR-1 missiles

Is Khabaraingroup too late to react or are those who were talking loud about MAR-1 deliveries to Pakistan and start of integration on jf-17 about a year back were just throwing self-created rumours

I think it is the late reaction of Khabrain group about this procurement. You know the Pakistani media and it's knowledge about military and defense related issues.

I think it is the late reaction of Khabrain group about this procurement. You know the Pakistani media and it's knowledge about military and defense related issues.

but the question that baffles me ...how come a news agency report something that happened a year ago? secondly what was there source that they suddenly came out one day popping up Mar-1 delivery news when (if) the thing already happened a year ago

but the question that baffles me ...how come a news agency report something that happened a year ago? secondly what was there source that they suddenly came out one day popping up Mar-1 delivery news when (if) the thing already happened a year ago
U know these newspapers are always late in posting good news like our corrupt politicians....I guess they didn't have anything to print so they posted an old news to fillup the newspaper.....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom