What's new

Brazil and Sweden sign financing contract for Gripen NGs

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Brazil and Sweden have signed the financing contract that will facilitate the South American country's acquisition of 36 Saab Gripen NG multirole jets.

p1642756.jpg
The financing contract signed between Brazil and Sweden on 25 August opens the door for Brazil's acquisition and development of the Gripen NG. (Saab)

The event occurred at the Brazilian Embassy in London on 25 August, and was attended by representatives of the Brazilian National Treasury's Attorney General Office (PGFN) and the Swedish Export Credit Corporation (SEK).

The signing is a result of negotiations between the two nations that culminated with an agreement on 29 July to set an interest rate of 2.19% per annum, which was approved by the Brazilian Federal Senate on 5 August. This interest rate will save Brazil up to BRL600 million (USD169 million).

To read the full article, Client Login
(107 of 365 words)

Brazil and Sweden sign financing contract for Gripen NGs - IHS Jane's 360

I'm starting to like the Gripen NG.

but I read the price has sky rocketed compared to the basic Gripen.

gripen.jpg

I'm starting to like the Gripen NG.

but I read the price has sky rocketed compared to the basic Gripen.

gripen.jpg
Its because people look at the tot price from the Brazil price 4.6b$ and cut it in 36 around 127m$ per aircraft.
Its an very extensive offer including 350 engineers etc living in Sweden for 3-5 years,doing on the job training, and several changes to the aircraft itself also lifts the price cockpit changes ( layout and other pressure changes for brazil radio equipment etc)
Also help with setting up factory etc etc

Needless to say the deal contains much more then aircraft's.

If you look at the tot deal Dassault did with India for example it was 200m$ per aircraft yet Dassault say their aircraft is around 100m$ per aircraft. And their tot was extensive but not as extensive as the Gripen / Brazil one. Leading ME to believe a flyaway price for the Gripen NG would land somewhere between 55-70m$ per aircraft.
Saab themselves say that the aircraft price itself in the Brazil deal are only 30% of the price which sounds hard to believe.

Its because people look at the tot price from the Brazil price 4.6b$ and cut it in 36 around 127m$ per aircraft.
Its an very extensive offer including 350 engineers etc living in Sweden for 3-5 years,doing on the job training, and several changes to the aircraft itself also lifts the price cockpit changes ( layout and other pressure changes for brazil radio equipment etc)
Also help with setting up factory etc etc

Needless to say the deal contains much more then aircraft's.

If you look at the tot deal Dassault did with India for example it was 200m$ per aircraft yet Dassault say their aircraft is around 100m$ per aircraft. And their tot was extensive but not as extensive as the Gripen / Brazil one. Leading ME to believe a flyaway price for the Gripen NG would land somewhere between 55-70m$ per aircraft.
Saab themselves say that the aircraft price itself in the Brazil deal are only 30% of the price which sounds hard to believe.

true and you gotta factor in the Brazil cost as well.

Brazil cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom