What's new

Bomb-making material seized near Peshawar

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: Paramilitary forces on Sunday raided a house near Peshawar and seized up to 500 kilogrammes of bomb-making material, an official said.

The raid was carried out in Shahkas village in Khyber district close to Peshawar, where forces are bogged down fighting militants.

At least 60 bags of potassium chlorate, mortar shells, timers, landmines, detonators, fuses, improvised explosive device circuits and gel explosives were recovered from the basement of the house, Colonel Mohammad Naeem Sarwar told AFP.

A suspect was arrested during the raid, which was carried out after a roadside bomb wounded three civilians in the area on Saturday, he said.

“The site was being used to make bombs for terrorist activities in the cities of Peshawar, Islamabad and Lahore,” Sarwar said.

Authorities last week said they had raided a car bomb factory in the southwestern city of Quetta, confiscating more than 100 tonnes of chemicals which had been used in recent attacks.

The government says more than 40,000 people have been killed in attacks by al Qaeda and Taliban-led militants in the last decade.

Bomb-making material seized near Peshawar – The Express Tribune

I am glad that a major terror strike has been averted. However what we need to do is capture or eliminate terrorists too. Whats happening is we find a huge cache of explosives and weapons but what we don't find are the people doing all this evil work. We do not arrest or eliminate the militants who are responsible for the act.

For example in this news article I am still to see, in any place mention of terrorists killed or captured when we captured the cache of explosives. I would really like to see the militants being eliminated. These terrorist monkeys should be finished off completely.

Back
Top Bottom