What's new

Bollywood has immense impact on our lives: Pakistani actress

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was born in India, but Urdu is dying in India because of hindu nationalism. Like I said only some muslim elders are using it

Again, a misunderstanding. The use of Persian and Turkish words is reducing because we have to communicate with diverse people. That lightening produces a lighter version of Urdu, but it continues to be Urdu.

As for Hindu nationalism, the trouble is that you are assessing a situation from outside. Our day-to-day reality is that we have to speak to a wide variety of people. That determines the mix that goes into our vocabulary, not some notion of nationalism.

you said hindi speakers can understand persian words in urdu, which they can't in my experience with them

I suggest that you read my post again.

I have no clue why people post these threads over and over and over again. Like we have 50+ threads about Pakistan liking Bollywood.

I don't get what's so fascinating about it..

it's defiantly not hindi, it is mostly urdu with some added hindi words. the songs are almost completely urdu, only a fool will deny this. out of a billion songs, of course there might be some which are hindi, bengali, tamil etc... but 99% of them are urdu

Yes, as far as bollywood song r concerned they highly influenced by Urdu but we do have many songs in Hindi n Regional languages...
But as far as movie scipts r considered they r mostly in Hindi Dialects u can't deny that...

Ur problem is that u have only a limited exposure of Indian Cinema that don't even cover complete Bollywood, there r more than 1000 movies which r released every year in India, so how many do u think u have watched.....:azn:

Another example could be Hindi serials they r easily available in Pak plz tell me ur views about them do u think they r also using Urdu...:what:

I see the troll brigade is out in full force.
There is no denying that Urdu in Pakistan and India has started to diverge and maybe in 200 years they will be 2 different languages as well.

And I am from Punjab, but I consider myself a native Urdu speaker.
You don't have to be from Delhi to be a native Urdu speaker

Nobody i saying that u got to take birth in Delhi to be a native Urdu speaker but the fact is majority of people in Pak don't speak Urdu as their first language although majority can understand n speak Urdu....:what:

Yes, as far as bollywood song r concerned they highly influenced by Urdu but we do have many songs in Hindi n Regional lanuages...
But as far as movie scipts r considered they r mostly in Hindi Dialects u can't deny that...

Ur problem is that u have only a limited exposure of Indian Cinema that don't even cover complete Bollywood, there r more than 1000 movies which r released every year in India, so how many do u think u have watched.....:azn:

Another example could be Hindi serials they r easily available in Pak plz tell me ur views about them do u think they r also using Urdu...:what:

Hindi serials are also using urdu, most of them. how would pakistanis understand hindi if they were using hindi? does it make sense to you? They are using (urdu) mostly, with some added hindi words

Although I agree with Joe, the fact is that a lot of times when Indians speak Hindi, I have no idea what they are talking about.

I am not familiar with Sanskrit vocabulary at all.

Hah!

Join the club.

On the 23rd, I was in Vikasnagar on work. About ten miles away, four states meet - Himachal, Haryana, UP and Uttarkhand. The language there is quick-fire western UP 'Hindi' dialect, and the people whom I visited, from slightly further in, Muzaffarnagar, and Saharanpur, had quietly given up and were trying to speak the local stuff. It wasn't just the vocabulary, it was the diction: those guys were speaking three times as fast as we were.

The point is that down in Meerut and Aligarh and Muzaffarnagar, you get to hear and to speak a much 'richer' mix, as you go further west and north, it becomes more and more Hindi-centric. So when a team from central or eastern UP tries to set up a project in a north-western corner, they have to adapt. In this process, the language dumbs down; both sides tend to speak a subset, a common set, using a vocabulary familiar to both. I don't know the tough words in Sanskritised Hindi, or the tough words in Persianised Urdu, and my speech tends to be a simplified version of the full-blown extreme on either side. Your Hindi-speaking lot may be using many more Hindi words than you may be used to, hence the befuddlement. Conversely, listening to discussions on Pakistan TV, I understand 90% of what's being said, but not 100%. neither your Hindi speakers nor Pakistani Tv are speaking for the Lowest Common Factor, they are speaking off towards the branches.

I think we are all arguing yet saying the same thing.

Languages evolve: the Urdu language in Pakistan is evolving differently from the Urdu/Hindi/etc. in India. The divergence has been happening for centuries and has accelerated since 1947.

Bollywood uses the evolving language which is prevalent in Northern India, but the languages' divergence is young enough that it can be understood in Pakistan.

Another pakistani diva wants to take a dive in bollywood.. If she wants to survive in bollywood she must have talent too mere good looks will not help her to hold position in bollywood as many good looking models comes and goes. Only exception in this case is Katrina kaif.:pop:

Hindi serials are also using urdu, most of them. how would pakistanis understand hindi if they were using hindi? does it make sense to you? They are using (urdu) mostly, with some added hindi words

Hello,Are you stupid or what,Both a same language differences are mostly differences to be sociolinguistic.The use of Urdu or Hindi in films depends on the film's context: historical films set in the Delhi Sultanate or Mughal Empire are almost entirely in Urdu, while films based on Hindu mythology make heavy use of Hindi with Sanskrit vocabulary.The vocabulary of the serial is based on its context.

Urdu is Indian language...hum use karay ya na karay tumhay kya.....

Yeah and Hindi is a Pakistani language...

Films cannot have an IMMENSE impact on anyone's lives - if it does they need psychiatric help. Probably just a bhai-chara statement to the Indian newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom