What's new

Bollywood actor Sridevi passes away after cardiac arrests: reports

RIP
Was never big on Bollywood, but she was a fine actress.

wow she was a legend .. great loss to cinema .. may she rest in peace and heavens

Some facts about the screen icon you might not have known

Veteran Bollywood actor Sridevi, one of Indian cinema’s most acclaimed actors, died of a cardiac arrest in Dubai late on Saturday, according to media reports. She was 54.

Here are 10 facts about the star:

1. Sridevi was born in the year 1963 to Ayyapan Yanger and Rajeswari Yanger, and was named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan. Her father was a lawyer.

_0289e182-19b7-11e8-80b7-5f600041ef82.jpg

2. The actor started her career at the tender age of four in Thirumugham’s devotional film, Thunaivan (1969). She was a child artiste in the film, Julie (1975). With Solva Saavan, Sridevi made her foray into Bollywood as the lead actor in 1979.

3. She was down with fever and had 103 degrees temperature, when she was shooting for the popular song Na Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai in Chalbaaz (1989).

4. Sridevi did playback singing for films such as Sadma (1983), Chandni (1989), Garajna (1991) and Kshana Kshanam (1991).

5. Sridevi was considered to play a brief role in Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park (1993). However, she declined the offer as was busy with Bollywood projects.

6. Sridevi’s mother tongue is Tamil; so she faced difficulty in speaking Hindi, when she joined Bollywood. Yesteryear actor Naaz used to dub for her. In Aakhiri Raasta (1986), Rekha dubbed for her. The first time Sridevi dubbed for her role was in Chandni (1989).

https://www.hindustantimes.com/boll...-have-known/story-u6aYoVXKbeahKc7KhuHNPL.html

dont know who she was
You know sajal ali? Adnan siddiqui? Remember last year sajal and adnan went to india? Actress sajal and adnan were casted by this actress in her film ,tho in tiny bitsy roles Lol magar hamaray artists ko indians haddi bhi phenk dain they will grab them.

And when sajal started shooting for this film the first day of shoot she had to wear a knee lenght dress and do a club dance song in bangkok, and that was the day sajal got her mothers medical reports who was suffering from cancer, revealing that her mom wont survive more than few months. Since she was shooting for this crass film she continued to work

I am not judging sajal as i know she must have signed contract and was bound by that but after a humiliating ban from india and the film getting nearly bombed at box office and sajal only getting average screen space time was that a good deal to skip spending time with dying mother?. If sajal had broken contract sridevi could have hired anyone else and not fined her seeing her compulsions.

Last edited:
Her death is very unfortunate.

But I suspect when people like her without any medical history, who seemingly look very fit, die because of supplements they take to keep themselves looking lean and fit. These supplements take a heavy toll on liver, kidneys and most importantly the heart.

You are right..I too felt the same...every human has to remember that we cant stop the course of the nature...we have got to get old one day..Sridevi was very particular about her looks..she had a frail body with wrinkles when she visitrd tirumala a few years back..Telugu media was surprised how weak dhe became...I think she maintained some unhealthy diet coupled with surgeries which costed her life
Yes true i agree. Sridevis face looked very weak , if you ever go on goutube you always find indians calling he r "Plastic sridevi" or plastic surgeries actress etc etc. She had gotten so much plastic and implants in her body to enhance her looks that i am sure she had a month long plastic supply inside her body for a plastic ware factory. As she had broken her husband's home so perhaps she wanted to remain slim and attractive to not lose him to another woman.
A home wrecker always stays insecure

Plus i think she was working extremely hard to make her daughters look beautiful, doing their pr to build careers. Its best one should stay natural and let the nature take over rather than going fiercely against aging.

You know sajal ali? Adnan siddiqui?
no i only know Adnan Mota genda who is Indian National now and sometimes barks at pak on twitter

Yes true i agree. Sridevis face looked very weak , if you ever go on goutube you always find indians calling he r "Plastic sridevi" or plastic surgeries actress etc etc. She had gotten so much plastic and implants in her body to enhance her looks that i am sure she had a month long plastic supply inside her body for a plastic ware factory. As she had broken her husband's home so perhaps she wanted to remain slim and attractive to not lose him to another woman.
A home wrecker always stays insecure

Plus i think she was working extremely hard to make her daughters look beautiful, doing their pr to build careers. Its best one should stay natural and let the nature take over rather than going fiercely against aging.
we all should stop supporting **** actors they are not worth watching

Back
Top Bottom