Boeing delivers US Navy combat plane with Indian equipment

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Boeing delivers US Navy combat plane with Indian equipment

EA-18Glarge.jpg

NEW DELHI: US aircraft major Boeing has delivered an electronic warfare combat plane to the US Navy fitted with Indian equipment manufactured by defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited.

The Boeing-made EA-18G Growler--a variant of the F-18 fighter aircraft--was delivered to the US Navy with a "BEL- produced cockpit sub-assembly which provides cockpit floodlighting compatible with the aircraft's night vision imaging system (NVIS)," the company said in a release. :tup:

The contract to BEL in this regard was awarded by Boeing in March 2011 for working on sub assemblies of F/A-18 Super Hornet cockpit.

"That contract included options to renew annually for up to four years. As a result of BEL's demonstrated performance, Boeing recently exercised an option to renew the contract for another year," the release said.

Commenting on the development, Boeing India Vice President Dennis Swanson said, "BEL's work on P-8I, Super Hornets and Growlers is another example of how Indian companies are becoming a part of the global supply chain while Boeing helps them expand their opportunities across the global aerospace industry."

BEL has produced other parts also for the EA-18 Growler which include a complex-machined stowage panel for the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System connector cable and an avionics cooling system fan test switch panel with an NVIS-compatible floodlight assembly.

BEL has also provided 'Identification Friend or Foe' interrogators and communications systems for the Indian Navy's fleet of P-8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft.

Boeing delivers US Navy combat plane with Indian equipment - The Economic Times

This shows confidence of Indian local Industry by US, on a US fighter in service with their forces which is a unique aircraft and has no parallel in the world.

Great to hear this news.

Would be nice if they give us a few Growlers as present.:partay:

never knew they were outsourcing military equipment from us . :)

This seems very Capable aircraft. Congrats

Yes Growlers are very capable specific operation Electronic Warfare plane. Earlier USA was using Prowler system. Growler is only fourth Gen fighter which can secure kill over Fifth Generation Fighter plane.. :)

Proof of my claim

ea18g_f22kill.jpg

ea_18G_ea1.jpg

This is precessor of Growler

called prowler

EA-6B%2BProwler%2BElectronic%2BWarfare%2BAircraft.jpg

Off Topic: LCA PV3 will be used to test EW role .. .

Is impressive news. I though from the title it would either be Boeing fitting the BEL IFF to the IN P-8I or a Super Hornet's landing gear door/sonar bouy door for P-8I being installed. I never though tit would be tech like this. This is pretty major news, heralds a wealth of possibilities for Indian aerospace companies in the future. TATA is already making cabins for S-92s sold all over the world.

this is excellent news, clearly shows the maturity and faith in the relationship between the 2 countries as a whole!
Looking forward to cranking it up a notch!

Good news! Globalisation is a two way street and India will soon move up the value chain.

Yes Growlers are very capable specific operation Electronic Warfare plane. Earlier USA was using Prowler system. Growler is only fourth Gen fighter which can secure kill over Fifth Generation Fighter plane.. :)

Proof of my claim

ea18g_f22kill.jpg

when did this happen

The Boeing Company : Boeing Delivers 1st EA-18G Growler Featuring Bharat Electronics Limited Cockpit Subassembly

BEL also produces cockpit subassemblies for F/A-18E/F Super Hornets

Follow-on order further expands Boeing's relationship with Indian industry
:yahoo:

BANGALORE, India, May 30, 2012 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] on May 3 delivered to the U.S. Navy the first EA-18G Growler electronic attack aircraft with a cockpit subassembly produced by Bangalore-based Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL). The subassembly provides cockpit floodlighting compatible with the aircraft's Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS).

Boeing awarded BEL an initial contract in March 2011 for work on Super Hornet cockpit subassemblies.

That contract included options to renew annually for up to four years.

As a result of BEL's demonstrated performance, Boeing recently exercised an option to renew the contract for another year.
:woot: :yahoo:

"BEL continues to demonstrate its capabilities and its position as a valued partner to Boeing," said Dennis Swanson, vice president of International Business Development for Boeing Defense, Space & Security in India. "BEL's work on P-8I, Super Hornets and Growlers is another example of how Indian companies are becoming a part of the global supply chain while Boeing helps them expand their opportunities across the global aerospace industry."

Other EA-18G parts produced by BEL include a complex-machined stowage panel for the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System connector cable and an avionics cooling system fan test switch panel with an NVIS-compatible floodlight assembly. Some of these cockpit subassemblies also will be installed on Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornets.

In addition to its F/A-18E/F and EA-18G work, BEL provides Identification Friend or Foe interrogators and Data Link II communications systems for the Indian Navy's fleet of P-8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft.

Boeing and BEL also partnered to establish the Analysis & Experimentation Centre in Bangalore in 2009. The center is a resource for collaboration, experimentation and discovery where the two companies work together to help the Indian Armed Forces understand the potential operational impacts of new system concepts, innovative technologies, and emerging and evolving processes.

BEL is an Indian defense public sector company and a leading Indian defense electronics company. It is engaged in the design, development and manufacture of a wide range of cutting-edge Command, Control, Communications, Computing and Intelligence solutions; military communication systems; radars and sonars, as well as naval and electronic warfare systems for defense and security applications.

A unit of The Boeing Company, Boeing Defense, Space & Security is one of the world's largest defense, space and security businesses specializing in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world's largest and most versatile manufacturer of military aircraft. Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing Defense, Space & Security is a $32 billion business with 61,000 employees worldwide.@BoeingDefense.

The Boeing Company : Boeing Delivers 1st EA-18G Growler Featuring Bharat Electronics Limited Cockpit Subassembly | 4-Traders

Back
Top Bottom