What's new

Bodla breaks Indian martial artist’s world record

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
680825-taewkondocopy-1394384708-652-640x480.jpg

KARACHI: Pakistan’s Ahmad Amin Bodla broke the world record of Indian martial artist Jayanth Reddy by landing 6,970 kicks in an hour at Johar Sports Complex, in Lahore on Sunday. The 20-year-old has broken four world records this month in Lahore.

On March 3, Bodla set new world records of most punches in a minute (325) and most martial arts kicks in a minute (355). The same day, he bettered his own world record of most kicks on one leg in three minutes with 835 strikes.

On Sunday, Bodla continued his record breaking ways, setting a new record by registering 6,970 kicks to break Reddy’s record of 4,344 kicks in an hour. The Indian had set this record in December last year.

“I’m proud that I achieved what I set out for,” Bodla told The Express Tribune. “I’ve trained hard for this. Balancing studies at the university and training for these performances have taken a toll in its own way. I’d usually get very little sleep, but after breaking these records I feel the effort was worth it.”

Bodla overjoyed by record breaking effort

Bodla, who has already registered 26 Guinness world records in martial arts, said the experience of pulling off 6,970 kicks was surreal. He said that it all came down to his will.

“Kicking for a minute or three minutes is easier because the target is usually set on the stomach level so it requires less energy. But in this record the target was chest-high. I felt my body caving in to the intensity after a few minutes. I had to be consistent and maintain the speed, but I think it was just the determination that carried me through,” said Bodla.

Three judges supervised this performance. They counted 6,970 kicks in real-time, while the count after slow-motion footage review will be confirmed today.

“Bodla has struck at least 7,000 kicks,” said the head judge Shafique Khattana. “We gave the first count in real-time. We made sure that there was no room for error. We use a device and besides that we try to count the kicks that we are 100 percent sure of. We’ll send these results to the Guinness World Records headquarters for approval.”

Bodla breaks Indian martial artist’s world record – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom