Blast wounds 6 at religious gathering in Karachi in Pakistan

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
By Associated Press
December 8 at 11:49 PM

KARACHI, Pakistan — Pakistani police say an overnight blast targeting a religious gathering of an ethnic party has wounded six people in the southern port city of Karachi.

Saturday night’s blast took place as hundreds of supporters of a faction of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement were present in the neighborhood of Gulshan-e-Johar. No one has claimed responsibility and authorities say all of the wounded are listed in stable condition.

The attack happened a day before Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan is expected to visit Karachi, the capital of southern Sindh province.

The Muttahida Qaumi Movement party represents the Urdu speaking population and its two factions have an uneasy relationship with each other.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.437e31fb0e76

By Associated Press
December 8 at 11:49 PM

KARACHI, Pakistan — Pakistani police say an overnight blast targeting a religious gathering of an ethnic party has wounded six people in the southern port city of Karachi.

Saturday night’s blast took place as hundreds of supporters of a faction of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement were present in the neighborhood of Gulshan-e-Johar. No one has claimed responsibility and authorities say all of the wounded are listed in stable condition.

The attack happened a day before Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan is expected to visit Karachi, the capital of southern Sindh province.

The Muttahida Qaumi Movement party represents the Urdu speaking population and its two factions have an uneasy relationship with each other.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.437e31fb0e76
this blast occurred really near to my house hardly 150 meters away and I was able to hear it's terrifying voice loud and clear.It was actually a religious gathering organised by MQM in which this blast occurred.At first I thought that it was a power short-fall due to PMT blast,2nd I thought that some truck's tyre burst resulting in a terrifying voice than we get to know that it was a cracker bomb planted near the tent of the gathering just to spread fear and violence.

Last edited:
Fawad Strongly Condemns Cracker Attack In Karachi

Rukhshan Mir (@rukhshanmirpk) 1 hour ago Sun 09th December 2018 | 02:27 PM

ISLAMABAD, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 9th Dec, 2018 ) :Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain on Sunday strongly condemned cracker attack in Gulshan Jauhar Karachi on Saturday night.

In a statement the minister said that enemies of peace and prosperity in Pakistanwould never succeed in their nefarious designs.

Chaudhry Fawad also prayed for early recovery of the injured.

https://www.urdupoint.com/en/pakistan/fawad-strongly-condemns-cracker-attack-in-kar-501174.html

hahaha dont believe anything coming from MQM they may have done it themselves just to seek attention, that is if that happened on the first place.

Lol, there is no such thing as Gulshan e Jauhar.

Btw any gathering must have cameras installed and monitoring with recordings of at least 24 hours prior and 24 hours later.

MQM have a habit of using 'fireworks' against their own to stay relevant in politics.

Prob a failed attempt by RAW to wreak conflict.

Don't forget ISIS/Daesh. Endia has already gained ground in Afghanistan, and Syrian's have nearly kicked out all ISIS/Daeshi Terrorists from homeland. Integration of ISIS/Daesh as a destabilization force will give RAW much leverage in flexing its muscles both against Pakistan & China (Let's not forget CIA's covert wars in Tibet and in case of ISIS/Daesh: Muslim population provinces of China). Much ISIS/Daesh terrorists have been rescued by Americans in Syria and have been brought to Afghanistan.
View media item 17700
To China I will give the same advice what I gave to Russians in case of Chechnya: Take the Muslims on board and integrate them in your Governmental sphere, this will boost their confidence and will eliminate their potential hijacking by foreign elements.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom