What's new

Blast in Shalimar Express LHR- KHI

Nope, definately terrorism related, why ibsay so? Bevcause it has been decided to run a train from rawalpindi to karachi with help from china, building the infra strucuture. This was a message to Govt to watch their back, note here that LHr-KHi enroute train was targeted

that project has already been postponed.

I remember there was a train that used to go to Lahore from Shahdara station sharp at 7:45 and would reach Lahore in 15 min and then from Lahore it would go to Shahdara at around 6 pm.

that train used to carry only economy class and was for the blue colour people, the hiace van mafia bribed the railway administration and that train started getting late, and people who were suppose to be at work, couldnt reach, so they started using vans instead and that train went into losses and later closed.

there is no doubt in my mind that there is a mafia out there, who doesnot want railway to succeed, neither in transportation nor in passenger business.

971000_611196242264418_1487633738_n.jpg

It was been revealed that Railway authorities have been getting calls for extortion money and they didn't pay up, The number they got calls from has been traced back to Afghanistan
3 dead 15 injured.
BTW this could be the message for PM , not to initate their railway project, and I have said this before- economical development on its own will not do us good , if we don't work on Anti Terrorism
@Aeronaut @nuclearpak @cb4 @Leader @Slav Defence @Argus Panoptes @Windjammer
@balixd Anybody with half a mind knows that there is no feasible way to get any railways projects going without the money that is needed being available, but I do agree with you that trying to go for economic development without resolving the terrorism issue is not a good strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was one of those privatized trains?

Whatever the train was, the innocent victims were odinary people like you and me.
A criminal attack carried out by demented minds. that too in the Holy month.
RIP the victim, may the casualties be limited and most of all; may the perpetrators be hunted down.

Nope, definately terrorism related, why ibsay so? Bevcause it has been decided to run a train from rawalpindi to karachi with help from china, building the infra strucuture. This was a message to Govt to watch their back, note here that LHr-KHi enroute train was targeted

That is really tragic,balixd and shameful as well,but the most wired thing is that calls were traced from Afghanistan,if your claim that TTP is behind all such mess then another face of TTP will be revealed and a way of their source of income :hitwall:
Strong actions must be taken after verification and proper investigation.

Here is detailed news from Dawn:

KARACHI: Fourteen people were reported injured in an explosion that took place inside a bogie of the Karachi-bound Shalimar Express near Punjab province's Toba Tek Singh district on Monday.

Three of the injured were in critical condition.

The train, which had begun its journey from Lahore, was crossing a railway station around 1 pm when the explosion took place inside a bogie in its economy class.

Following the blast, the train was brought to a halt and rescue teams shifted the injured to hospitals in Faisalabad and Toba Tek Singh where emergency was imposed as soon as news of the explosion came.

Police and Pakistan Railways personnel arrived at the scene to inspect the area and investigate the incident.

TV footage showed the explosion had damaged the roof of the carriage but not forced the train off the rails, suggesting a relatively low-intensity blast.

Farah Masood, a senior government official in Lahore, confirmed to AFP that a locally-made explosive device was used in the explosion and that 14 people had been injured.

On the other hand, the Interior Ministry has claimed that railway authorities had been alerted with intelligence pertaining to a possible terrorist threat. The authorities had also been directed to increase security of trains in light of the information.

Speaking to media representatives in Lahore, Federal Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique said the management of Shalimar Express had received calls pertaining to extortion and that Inspector General Punjab Police had been informed in this regard.

He added that 14 people had been injured in the explosion and three of the wounded were in critical condition.

Contrary to reports, there is no information of any deaths in the explosion so far, the minister said.

Rafique moreover said an investigation had been launched into the attack, calling it “an act of terrorism.”

Pakistan is battling a homegrown insurgency and faces near-daily bombings and shootings in the troubled northwest, but attacks on the railway are relatively rare.

A bomb near the waiting lounge for the luxury Lahore-Karachi Business Express train last year killed two people.

According to Jang urdu, Railway company was receiving threats from extortionists and most probably this blast is done by Bhutta khors as a warning

Is it just media highlighting extortion threats in Punjaab after PML-N and MQM alliance? because I never seen a single news regarding extortions in Punjab before their alliance !

According to Jang urdu, Railway company was receiving threats from extortionists and most probably this blast is done by Bhutta khors as a warning

Is it just media highlighting extortion threats in Punjaab after PML-N and MQM alliance? because I never seen a single news regarding extortions in Punjab before their alliance !

janab ab tu Rawalpindi mayn b bhatta calls ati hayn FATA say ye tu bohat purani baat ho gaey hay

Find out which group gve threats and hit them hard so that nxt time they will not dare to do anything like that.and make example out of them.

This is a despicable attack on Pakistan emanating from Afghanistan. Afghanistan is continually being used as a bastion by militants who cross the border to bleed us slowly. The number has been traced to Afghanistan which is worrying and proof of Afghanistan's infidelity (disloyalty) to Pakistan.

The Taliban must be crushed under our heel. We need to establish a strong policy against the terrorists and beat them badly. It is unfortunate that both Faqir Mohammed and Fazlullah now hide in Afghanistan where they are untouchable. We should do something to eliminate top commanders including but not limited to Hakimullah Mehsud.

I believe a massive operation is required to eliminate terrorism in Pakistan's tribal areas. We should launch another operation in South Waziristan since Rah E Nijat actually failed to dismantle the Taliban. My worry is not a single top Taliban commander has been killed by us Pakistanis. We are sitting like eunuchs waiting for the terrorists to destroy everything we have.

This is a despicable attack on Pakistan emanating from Afghanistan. Afghanistan is continually being used as a bastion by militants who cross the border to bleed us slowly. The number has been traced to Afghanistan which is worrying and proof of Afghanistan's infidelity (disloyalty) to Pakistan.

The Taliban must be crushed under our heel. We need to establish a strong policy against the terrorists and beat them badly. It is unfortunate that both Faqir Mohammed and Fazlullah now hide in Afghanistan where they are untouchable. We should do something to eliminate top commanders including but not limited to Hakimullah Mehsud.

I believe a massive operation is required to eliminate terrorism in Pakistan's tribal areas. We should launch another operation in South Waziristan since Rah E Nijat actually failed to dismantle the Taliban. My worry is not a single top Taliban commander has been killed by us Pakistanis. We are sitting like eunuchs waiting for the terrorists to destroy everything we have.

All this just on the basis of some calls from Afghanistan ??

The terrorists continue to push their deadly agenda forward without any respect for the holy month of Ramadan. This attack again proves that we are dealing with barbaric minded criminals who have no regard for humanity. These terrorists have made it a mission to destabilize the region, and we need to work together to counter this threat. Our forces are working night and day to restore peace in the region. Our sacrifices clarify our stance against terrorism. We hope to continue our partnership and counter the threat posed by these extremist organizations. We pray for the recovery of those who are critically injured. We hope the ones responsible will be caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

CNN already putting a twist to this...according to them, the blast had something to do with the DI Khan jailbreak and the US embassy closure.

Never knew railways bhatta mafia was so international!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom