What's new

Blast at MQM Burns road election office

pak-marine

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Explosion near MQM election office on Burns Road, 6 injured

KARACHI: An explosion near an election office on Burns Road in Karachi on Thursday evening injured at least 6 people, Express News reported.
Express News correspondent Nadeem Khan reported that the explosion occurred near an election office of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) where many party workers were present at the time of the explosion.
He added that the injured were moved to civil hospital for treatment.
DIG South confirmed that the explosion occurred directly outside the Babul Ilm mosque.
The affected area was immediately evacuated and all businesses were promptly closed.
Burns Road is a densely populated area near the main business and trading districts of Karachi.
The Taliban have directly threatened the three main parties in the outgoing government, the Pakistan Peoples Party, the Awami National Party and the MQM, which are often described as secular

Note: This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.

Cowards have struck again - many many injured

اللہ اپنا رحم کرے ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

I just wonder what will be the turn out on election day .. ? If Regular bombings like these on un armed civilains and political activist i dont see more than 5% turn over and should that happen these elections wont be free and fair - what chaos comes next is any ones guess

yup this will reduce the turnout

not just in karachi but every province except punjab

very sad indeed

I guess its Babul ul Islam Mosque, The group who-ever is targeting seems like doing cold hearted attempt on their targets , they are mostly targeting civilians and always have placed that bomb few feets away from their target and seems like activist remain save in all attempts . Its a cheap method of defining themselves as a victum parties. Shameful Indeed. :confused:

I guess its Babul ul Islam Mosque, The group who-ever is targeting seems like doing cold hearted attempt on their targets , they are mostly targeting civilians and always have placed that bomb few feets away from their target and seems like activist remain save in all attempts . Its a cheap method of defining themselves as a victum parties. Shameful Indeed. :confused:

Its a rather cheap effort by twisting facts ignoring newpaper and media headlines and coming up with personal twisted conspiracy theories

first you say who ever is targeting

then you say

defining themselves as a victum parties

atleast try to use your brain while doing propaganda :lol:

KARACHI: At least seven people were injured in a large blast targeting an electoral office of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) near Karachi’s busy Burns Road area on Thursday night, DawnNews reported.

Initial reports suggest the political office, set up for election campaigning in the city’s NA-250 constituency, was the target of suspected terrorists. Several party activists are among the injured.

Injured are being shifted to nearby Civil Hospital.

Security and law enforcement forces have cordoned off the area which was engulfed with fear after the bombing.

DIG South District Amir Sheikh told a private TV channel that the bomb exploded in ablution room of a nearby Sunni Muslim mosque. DSP Preedy Police Station Zamir Abbasi told Dawn.Com the blast was carried out through a time-device and around two to three kilos of explosives was used in it.

Meanwhile, the Pakistani Taliban have claimed responsibility of the attack. Speaking to Dawn.com via telephone from an undisclosed location, TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said the proscribed organisation has carried out the attack on MQM.

The outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had vowed to target secular political forces of the country – Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), Awami National Party (ANP) and MQM.

The banned outfit had also claimed responsibilities of the last week’s attacks.

More than 60 people have already been killed in militant attacks targeting electoral campaigning of PPP, MQM and ANP, across the country since April 11.

Reiterating their stance of targeting the said parties for having secular views, the TTP spokesman, in a video message earlier today had vowed to carry on with the targeted attacks.

MQM chief Altaf Hussain condemned the Taliban attack saying his party will not bow down to terrorists and will carry on with their election campaign for the coming polls.

The historic May 11 polls will witness the first ever democratic transition of power in Pakistan.

This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly

MQM has their own security guards or militant wing, i wonder why they are not doing their job.

So NA-250 finally got hit ... Burns Road is one of their major hub of activities :/ Blast was heard all the way till Saudi Consulte Phase 5 DHA which is pretty far away from the place of blast ...

It is indeed a full fledge plan to delay elections! good to hear that army is being deployed in khi!

first you say who ever is targeting

then you say

defining themselves as a victum parties

atleast try to use your brain while doing propaganda :lol:
Instead of coming with senseless rants , I'm sure you are aware of Mqm's credibility , and their status in the eyes of Pakistan's Public . These all incidents are happening in some few parts of Karachi , and Mqm is not being targeted in typical Taliban style that is suicide bombing . You are free to remain attach with your Muttahida , but sure that any neutral person can easily understands the reason behind these all so sudden incidents , Mqm is a liberal party from beginning but why they are specially being targeted just before election even knowing that their popularity graph is already hurt in karachi very badly , and they are failed to provide peace to the citizens during previous 5 years. They are useless indeed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom