Not open for further replies.

asad71

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
UN chief concerned over Khaleda’s arrest warrant

Star Online Report

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon expressed his concern over the arrest warrants that were issued against BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in two graft cases.

“We're obviously aware of the arrest warrant that was issued against the leader of the BNP. The Secretary-General remains very concerned,” said Spokesman for UN Secretary General Stéphane Dujarric.

He was replying to a question at the daily press briefing at UN Headquarters’ in New York held yesterday.

The UN chief also expressed concern over the continuing violence in Bangladesh and renewed his appeal to all political leaders for a peaceful resolution to the current crisis.

“I think as we're seeing these heightened tensions and the continuing violence, political violence we're seeing in Bangladesh, and again, he renews his appeal to all political leaders to seek a peaceful resolution to the current crisis for the good of long-term development and the stability of Bangladesh,” Stéphane said.

The spokesman underscored once again the secretary general's call to all political leaders in Bangladesh to find a peaceful political resolution out of this current tensions, and that is obviously a way to stop the ongoing violence.

A Dhaka court yesterday issued arrest warrants against Khaleda for skipping court hearings on four consecutive dates in the two graft cases.

Anti-Corruption Commission on August, 2011 filed the Zia Orphanage and Zia Charitable Trust corruption cases during the previous tenure of the Awami League-led government.

The arrest warrants were issued when the BNP-led 20-party alliance is observing a nonstop countrywide blockade since January 6 protesting the government’s resistance on holding their rally marking the day.

The ongoing blockades and shutdowns have been marked with mindless violence, arsons and train derailments that have claimed 76 lives so far and disrupted education and businesses.

Published: 2:10 pm Thursday, February 26, 2015

http://www.thedailys...t-warrant-66765

OMG!

omg-hanif.jpg

“Time is coming for you [Khaleda Zia]when you’ll have to spend the rest of your life in jail."

Awami League Joint General Secretary Mahabub-ul-Alam Hanif, at Khulna district AL council yesterday

http://www.thedailystar.net/omg-66899

========

If the govt were serious about arresting BKZ they could have done so on many charges/cases including the grenade attack case. I seem to feel they want her to come out somehow. She didn't during 21Feb and other occasions. I think she is smart. She understands the moment she goes out this BNP office will also face the fate of the main Naya Paltan office. BNP office Gulshan has evolved into a symbol of resistance to which opposition activists look for direction.BAL wants to crush this physically.

Just a few days back they hacked a young guy to death.

Kill the jamatis nd purge BNP of Islamist elements. Till then, joi RAB ir joi !!!

BD people are overwhelmingly pro-BNP led grouping because they correctly identify India as our top potential threat.The rising face of ugly Hindu extremism is dangerous not only to Muslims of SA but to all sane peace loving people.

BD people are overwhelmingly pro-BNP led grouping because they correctly identify India as our top potential threat.The rising face of ugly Hindu extremism is dangerous not only to Muslims of SA but to all sane peace loving people.

I'm sick and tired of 'BD people are overwhelmingly pro-BNP' type lectures. What good is it if such a huge group cannot do a sh!t to these BAL terrorists in uniforms? What good is it if they are still unprepared to go for the decisive battle?

Says the one who helped his own women to get raped by his master. In the name of god.

Better be a killer compared to that, razakar !

It's an irony that a lecture about rape is coming from those who take it as their hobby to rape their mothers and sisters on buses and public places. Thus Delhi has become the rape capital of the world.

BKZ already confined in house arrest but movement will continue unit fall of Indian chamcha badjaat, badsurat, madmash, begiarat gaddar hasina.

Just a few days back they hacked a young guy to death.

Kill the jamatis nd purge BNP of Islamist elements. Till then, joi RAB ir joi !!!
Seriously man, what's wrong with you Indians?
Its an inside matter of Bangladesh, why at everything you start swarming the thread?
Look at the OP, not even the name of India mentioned anywhere.

Well, at least they are getting reported unlike in Pakistan where their rape is found out by rapists proudly showing off the rape video. Go, convict 1 person and put him in jail in Pakistan before opening your loud mouth and posting in bold as if it would suddenly make it less useless of a post.

Did I mention, in Pakistan the raped woman has to produce 4 male witnesses to prove rape ? In the year of the Lord 2000 and 15, in 2015 ? The hudud ordinance ?

Now I did I guess ! So, cool it with mud slinging and throwing stones

There's no way to avoid being reported for the indian heroes do it right on the public buses almost everyday of the year. As for throwing stones these indians think that nobody is going to return their stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom