What's new

BJP to use old religion card in polls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir would you like to post the Urdu version of Vande Mataram i will reply ur questions than.

Don't have Urdu, but I have the english translation:

Translation

Mother, I bow to thee!
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
bright with orchard gleams,
Cool with thy winds of delight,
Green fields waving Mother of might,
Mother free.

Glory of moonlight dreams,
Over thy branches and lordly streams,
Clad in thy blossoming trees,
Mother, giver of ease
Laughing low and sweet!
Mother I kiss thy feet,
Speaker sweet and low!
Mother, to thee I bow.

Who hath said thou art weak in thy lands
When the sword flesh out in the seventy million hands
And seventy million voices roar
Thy dreadful name from shore to shore?
With many strengths who art mighty and stored,
To thee I call Mother and Lord!
Though who savest, arise and save!
To her I cry who ever her foeman drove
Back from plain and Sea
And shook herself free.

Thou art wisdom, thou art law,
Thou art heart, our soul, our breath
Though art love divine, the awe
In our hearts that conquers death.
Thine the strength that nervs the arm,
Thine the beauty, thine the charm.
Every image made divine
In our temples is but thine.

Thou art Durga, Lady and Queen,
With her hands that strike and her
swords of sheen,
Thou art Lakshmi lotus-throned,
And the Muse a hundred-toned,
Pure and perfect without peer,
Mother lend thine ear,
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
Bright with thy orchard gleems,
Dark of hue O candid-fair

In thy soul, with jewelled hair
And thy glorious smile divine,
Loveliest of all earthly lands,
Showering wealth from well-stored hands!
Mother, mother mine!
Mother sweet, I bow to thee,
Mother great and free!

translated by Sri Aurobindo

Sri, thats blasphemy.

Jana is the blue-eyed girl of this forum.

Sri,

Actually this forum is not the type one would think it is like say PDF.

There are very sane and balanced posters out here and a few trolls do appear with a mission, but they can be ignored.

Jana is a teaser. She means no harm.

I have had a very interesting stay out here with the exception of some old hands from forums that is unmentionable in polite and balanced society.

If we also give balanced views with logic and facts, then I presume we will have an interaction which is mutually beneficial!

Now why the fanatics are forcing the government to impose it on Mulslims.

Jana hun, you dun understand... no one is being "forced" to sing... most kids don't even know the whole song... in most schools, whoever wants to sing can sing and whoever doesn't... well... they still have to stand there quitely and respect the song... now what some fanatics want is to force the muslims not to sing...

Sri, thats blasphemy.

Jana is the blue-eyed girl of this forum.

Ab its not that some1 should not be called names cuz s/he is blue-eyed but it should be one's own moral standard to refrain from using bad language.

Tronic did what hez doing on another forum i think this habit will take some time to go.
I did not call him names rather took it lightly cuz hez out guest :)

BTW who's blue-eyed i am ;) This forum has alot of members .

Oho .. it was such an obvious joke which Jana understood .. She ever retaliated the humor by calling mee "Uncle Ji" in the very next post..

If I had to call names .. why would I call anbody "aunty ji" .. :P I was just kiddin'

Ab its not that some1 should not be called names cuz s/he is blue-eyed but it should be one's own moral standard to refrain from using bad language.

Jana, I am sure Sri called you 'Auntyji' in a light vein. But, I do understand your point aswell. Calling a 23 year old female an Aunty is the biggest crime a gentleman can commit:D . Sri!! Tera chance to gaya. Tera number kabhie nahin aayega

Tronic did what hez doing on another forum i think this habit will take some time to go.
I did not call him names rather took it lightly cuz hez out guest :)

I don't think we can blame anybody for what they do on other forums. Afterall, we all have our mud on our hands. I have started quite a few so called 'Anti-Pakistan' threads myself on WAB but that doesn't makes me a Pakistan-hater. Its human nature to be circumspect about unknown and in that ignorance, he would believe what-ever is told to him. As a kid, the impression I had about Pakistan was that its a land where even kids carry Kalashnikovs. Now, since I know enough I laugh at my childhood ignorance. So, the main pupose of starting such threads is to clear the air of doubts. Infact, I come from a city where the word Pakistan is mentioned only during India-Pakistan ckt matches.

BTW who's blue-eyed i am ;) This forum has alot of members .

Sweatheart, I would've said mine but sorry, I've already got my hands & pockets full at the moment.

Some are green eyed monsters :)

Today, anyone can have any colour of eyes. The contact lens industry has made this cosmetic wonder happening a commonplace event.

. Calling a 23 year old female an Aunty is the biggest crime a gentleman can commit. Sri!! Tera chance to gaya. Tera number kabhie nahin aayega.

:P Lo Ji akhri umar main Sri ne kia chance lena ha :lol:
Kyon Ji Neo kahan jae ga jo Sri ka number aae ga ;)

. Sweatheart, I would've said mine but sorry, I've already got my hands & pockets full at the moment.
:D u had made too many hostages.

Salim said:
.Some are green eyed monsters
Today, anyone can have any colour of eyes. The contact lens industry has made this cosmetic wonder happening a commonplace event.

But Sir its far better to be blue-eyed of someone without using contact lenses.

The Indian muslims across all sections of the society have refused to sing Indian National Song VANDE MATRAM(Oh Mother India..Mother, I bow to thee).

This song is to be made mandatory across all schools and colleges in India from september 7th.

The reason offered by Muslims is that a true muslim can only bow in front of Allah and nobody else.This song has references about bowing to India.Muslims organisation says this song also preaches idoltary indirectly.

However the muslims donot have any objection to sing JANA GANA MANA(Indian National Anthem)which doesnot have any reference to bow before anyone

Tronic did what hez doing on another forum i think this habit will take some time to go. I did not call him names rather took it lightly cuz hez out guest :)
what habit??? responding with sensible arguments or calling you names??? because responding with sensible arguments... ok, i'm guilty as charged... and calling you names... lets see what I've called you by; Jana, Hun, Janeman... if any of those are offensive to you, please do tell... I will not use them again... I said those in good taste, not to offend you... Its an old school habit where all the girls are darlings and Janemans... :biggrin: it's suppose to be a light joke....

BJP-ruled states to make Vande Mataram mandatory

Indo-Asian News Service

New Delhi,
August 28, 2006

Upping the ante amid the ongoing controversy over the Vande Mataram in its centenary year, the BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday instructed the chief ministers of all five party-ruled states to make singing of the national song mandatory in all educational institutions.

"The country feels betrayed by the Congress-led government's yet another appeasement policy by rescinding their earlier decision of compulsory recitation of the national song in all educational institutions," said Singh.

The party is in power in Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.

Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has already announced that singing of the song will be mandatory in all educational institutions of the state, including madrassas.
The BJP chief has directed all its state units to recite Vande Mataram at state and district headquarters of the party September 7 to mark the centenary of the song's recitation at the Indian National Congress' Calcutta Session.

It was also announced that the party's national executive meeting beginning on the same day in Dehradun would begun its deliberations with the recital of the national song.

The party's minority wing has sought permission from Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee for reciting the national song next to Mahatma Gandhi's statue in the Parliament complex September 5.

A controversy erupted after a section of Muslims objected to the singing of Vande Mataram as they said it conflicted with their religious beliefs.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1779977,0008.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom