What's new

BJP revives temple plan ahead of polls

Al-zakir

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

First of Hindu broke a historic Masjid and now BJP wants to build a Mandir in it's place. If this ought to happen than why shouldn't we break all the Mandir and build Masjid instead outburst from a extreme reaction? Why should we allow Hindu in our country to enjoy their religious practice so generously when they are out numbered and we are not even secular??? What say Indian members??

By Bappa Majumdar

3bdee95c39f143f825c4a2c2a49cef27._.jpg

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said on Saturday it will construct a temple, that has been a flashpoint of tension between Hindus and Muslims for years, if the party is voted to power in the ensuing elections.

Leaders of the BJP, the main Hindu nationalist opposition, are meeting in Nagpur in a last major gathering before taking on the Congress party-led alliance in elections to be held in April and May.

"We will build the Ram temple in Ayodhya, and we are waiting for the right opportunity," Rajnath Singh, the party president, told about 8,000 BJP members on Saturday.

"No one can alter our resolve."

Some analysts say a BJP victory could swing India to a stronger pro-market agenda after several years of reform stagnation that have investors worried about India's capacity to sustain growth.

India is suffering an economic downturn and food prices have risen sharply, hurting millions of people.

The BJP rose to prominence on the back of a Hindu revivalist campaign that sought the construction of a Ram temple on the site of a 16th century mosque torn down by mobs in 1992.

Hindu hardliners say the mosque was built by Muslim invaders after destroying a Ram temple on the site of the Hindu god's birth.

About 3,000 people were killed after Hindu mobs destroyed the mosque in some of India's worst Hindu-Muslim riots.

Singh said new laws could be formed to speed up construction of the temple, if it won the election.

After winning the general elections in 1999, the BJP was forced to abandon plans of constructing the temple by its secular coalition allies.

Experts said that move did not go well with its hardline supporters, and the party was now trying to woo them back before the biggest electoral exercise in the world gets underway.

"They are probably beginning to believe that the temple issue can win them votes," Kuldip Nayar, a political analyst, said. "The shift to the Ram temple issue can hurt the BJP badly."

Others said reviving the temple issue will not go down well with its allies.

"The Ram temple was no longer a major election issue, but it seems the party is reviving it before elections," Anil K. Verma, a political commentator, told Reuters. "It could be self-defeating."

Muslim leaders said they had called a meeting on Sunday to discuss the issue.

"We condemn the statement, the Congress must come out openly against Rajnath Singh's comments," Jawed Habeeb, a senior Muslim leader, told Reuters.

BJP revives temple plan ahead of polls | Top News | Reuters

As per estimates up to 10,000 temples were destroyed by Muslim invaders and mosques constructed in their place. You obviously want to disregard all that!

Seems the same intolerance of those invaders permeates even those, whose backside the same Hindus saved not too long ago!

I dont think advani has the balls to deliver on this promise.
bjp were a wimper last time they came to power.
no ram temple, no scrapping article 376, no scrapping personal laws, nothing.

Lol the picture is from Andhra Pradesh.(Look at the placards)

I am pretty sure BJP is not going to win one seat from Andhra. And equally sure they will not be able to deliver on their promise. Its not a secret.

Specifically the pic is from Anantapur

good observation, ruby.
yeah, BJP is not going to win a single seat in AP.
here, the fight is between congress/TDP/chiru party.

I think BJP has better chances of winning if they project modi as PM candidate, but I guess advani has waited too long to let that happen. ;D

Is this issue still alive...........

Another "Election Slogan" of the BJP.

There were times when the BJP enjoyed support of a large section of the masses. It was less for the mandir issue but more in the hope of better governance & the anti incumbency factor which plays a major role in Indian politics.

Over the years they have not only lost support but also shown themselves as being as bad as any other Pol party.

This ' shosha' they have launched , I feel is a last ditch attempt to win mass support. My view is that its " too little too late" to save the situation. They are unlikely to win a majority by themselves & their allies will compel them to put such issues on the back burner if elected.

Besides, the nation needs other larger issues To be addressed rather than such infructious ones.

As per estimates up to 10,000 temples were destroyed by Muslim invaders and mosques constructed in their place. You obviously want to disregard all that!

Seems the same intolerance of those invaders permeates even those, whose backside the same Hindus saved not too long ago!

so this is your justification for killing of indian muslims in Gujarat and destruction of babri mosque.

I guess my Indian friend was right. ( I asked an Indian friend about the situation of muslims in India, and he said that Hindus hate them )

Straight from the RSS textbook, you're reading.

What a real swayem sewak.

Next you'll tell us Taj Mahal, was actually the Tajo Mai Mahal, built by Prithvi Raj Chauhan, and Qutub Minar was actually a Mandir.

They say iInorance is bliss, but in this case "Ignorance is animus"

Is this issue still alive...........

Another "Election Slogan" of the BJP.

yep, "An election slogan" for bjp.

we have more important things to worry about. like economic recession and people loosing jobs.

Next you'll tell us Taj Mahal, was actually the Tajo Mai Mahal, built by Prithvi Raj Chauhan, and Qutub Minar was actually a Mandir.

Vinod is not far from the truth.

However, history I feel i meant to be accepted & not contested.

Qutb complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perusal of the link above will indicate that the Quwat ul - Islam mosque in the Qutub complex was built by demolishing numerous temples that exisited there. Even today, one sees pillars in the complex with hindu figures on them.

so this is your justification for killing of indian muslims in Gujarat and destruction of babri mosque.

I guess my Indian friend was right. ( I asked an Indian friend about the situation of muslims in India, and he said that Hindus hate them )

Gujarat was not related to it, Babri was obviously about reclaiming what people thought was their temple razed by an intolerant nomadic barbarian to build a mosque thhat no one has used in decades.

The second part is an individual's thinking. I can't comment on that. Indian Muslims have a golden opportunity to generate a lot of goodwill with the Hindus by just peacefully returning the three mosques of Kashi, Mathura and Ayodhya that were built by razing ancient temples. It will do wonders for communal amity in India and will atone in a very little measure for the sins committed in the name of Islam in India.

Last edited:
Gujarat was not related to it, Babri was obviously about reclaiming what people thought was their temple razed by an intolerant nomadic barbarian to build a mosque thhat no one has used in decades.

The second part is an individual's thinking. I can't comment on that. Indian Muslims have a golden opportunity to generate a lot of goodwill with the Hindus by just returning the three mosques of Kashi, Mathura and Ayodhya that were built by razing ancient temples peacefully. It will do wonders for communal amity in India and will atone in a very little measure for the sins committed in the name of Islam in India.

Rite and you and your shining India so proud of Taj Mahal, Lal quilla, kutub Minrar, mughlai food and Sherwani, just to name few that actually left by so called momadic barbarian. Why not give all these things up and be proud of your hidnu culture and let see if anyone even visit shining India. Oh yeah one more thing British also demolished a lot of your Mandir because they found them disgusting place for worship with naked statue all over.........

Why are you bringing in stuff I didn't even say?

Are you denying that thousands of temples were razed and millions of Hindus killed by Islamic invaders in India. That the Islamic conquest of India is the bloodiest and most gory chapter of history?

Rite and you and your shining India so proud of Taj Mahal, Lal quilla, kutub Minrar, mughlai food and Sherwani, just to name few that actually left by so called momadic barbarian. Why not give all these things up and be proud of your hidnu culture and let see if anyone even visit shining India. Oh yeah one more thing British also demolished a lot of your Mandir because they found them disgusting place for worship with naked statue all over.........

I have said it many times. The foreign invaders are never welcome to any country irrespective of what they bring with them!

I am much more proud of my pre-Islamic heritage any day than some mere buildings! And they are still Indian buildings as they were created in India by Indians, with Indian money and labour. If the nomad barbarians were capable of that, they would have created them in their own God-forsaken nomadic grasslands!

USA is so much richer than you and Pakistan. Would you want them to occupy you, kill you in millions, raze your mosques to the ground and then give you burgers, steel and chrome towers and subs!

One may find your worship place more disgusting. One may feel that it is only preparing zombies and fanatics who are ever ready to kill innocents. Doesn't mean I start razing them to the ground.

I don't even know what you mean by British also razing the temples! Does that take away anything from the crime even if it was true! Disgusting!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom