What's new

BJP getting hammered in karnataka

That region was getting 'Gujaratised' by the Parivar, consistently, steadily over the years.

how??? was Gujarati language being forced upon locals or were they forced to eat dhoklas and jalebis or forcing them to play Garba :lol:

Modi supporters should now shut the f*** up, after their idol's performance in Karnataka, winning the elections single-handed for the BJP.
U Congis can now have a Field trip beating ur drums for today ... But ur Boat wont float for long ... MODIorite is soon gonna Hit ur SICKluar world...

942002_10151411823778531_1569426629_n.jpg

Ek Karnataka se kitne Ched bharoge Uncle ... Aaakhir Bharat Maa ki Laaj to hum Sanghi hi bachha yenge 2014 main...

if you do know EVEN LITTLE BIT about elections Adding up seats is not the right method ,its about number of votes which lead to huge change.

Let say there are 1000 voters in an area.

350 favor congress,175 JDS,75 Independent and 400 anti congress votes.

When yedurrapa in bjp =400 , when out kjp =60 ,bjp=340

1 seat lost .

That's why we see that even after getting 1-2% + votes, some parties get to as many as 60-70+ seats.

However I'm not saying bjp was going to win BUT with yeddurappa they could have got around 70 odd seats

Err....before jumping on me & asking whether I know even a little bit about elections, you should go back & read my post, slowly this time. I mentioned votes, not seats. I also made the point that Yediyurappa got a lot of the anti-BJP vote in an election where the anti-incumbency factor ran very high. It would be foolish to assume that an anti-BJP vote would translate to a pro-BJP vote. It doesn't & those votes that Yeddiyurappa would bring in would be far out done by the votes that would have gone to the INC & JD(S) but primarily the INC. Net result would have been an even worse performance for the BJP than present. Contrary to what is said on TV, Yeddy was no great leader of the Lingayats before he tasted power. Once out of it, you will see how quickly he becomes irrelevant,that is if he chooses to stay alone. The BJP has been annihilated in its core bastions, including where Yeddy was nowhere to be found. Clutching at straws, this argument.

The Karnataka election was a very big deal for the BJP no matter what kind of a brave face they put up. Karnataka was the state that sent the largest numbers of MP's for the BJP from any state in the whole of India, 19 MP's. Karnataka, not Gujarat, not Maharashtra, not MP. You remove that 19 seats & the BJP's tally comes down to double digits. Making up such a major loss is extraordinarily difficult & even if they do make it up elsewhere, they end up in the same position that they had in the present Lok Sabha.

It is not all lost for the BJP, Karnataka does have some pattern of voting differently for the LS & state elections. However the gap between the elections is way too close, less than a year & that will help the INC tremendously because people tend to still favour a fresh incumbent party and the BJP's second problem is to get candidates who might actually interest the electorate. This corrupt bunch won't do that.

BJP will also lose in 2014: Kapil Sibal

Results of 2009 Elections:

First - Congress: 206 Seats.
Second - BJP: 116 Seats.
Third - SP: 23 Seats.

Gap B/W Second Largest & Third Largest = 93 Seats.

Now, i m wondering which is that party that will cover this gap of 93 seats to replace BJP as the Second Largest Party & push it down to Third Place.

As a Congressman, i can understand that Mr. Kapil Sibal wants his party to emerge the largest party AGAIN, but BJP pushed down to THIRD PLACE?? :rolleyes:

@Dillinger @samantk @anant_s Whats your take on the STATE OF MIND of Mr. Kapil Sibal?? :D

Kapil Sibal is the same guy who said 2G scam was not a scam, zero loss :D. I cannot comment on some one more dillusional even if his claim might prove true.

BJP deserved a massive defeat, it is heartwarming to see that a bad govt. cannot survive.

However we are in a country where the gahdas like Mulayam, Mayawati and Mamata are the king makers. Even if a state votes out a bad performing govt, I see no reason that the the same thing will happen at the centre.

We should just offer our ***** and humbly say "Jahan Panah, tusi great ho... toffu qabool karo"

Last edited by a moderator:
Most Indians are very poor and always will vote for congress unlike some PDF extremist who think India a super pawa..

Since you are a fan boy, let me put the record straight.
For BJP Pride,Dignity & Self Respect has more Value then Politics ...
That is why they want to break every state where they don't have any support, in hopes of gaining strength in one of the parts.

That is the reason They fired Yeddy from CM post in Kartnataka ...
They did not fire him immediately. Only after a prolonged drama with Reddy brothers, calculations and miscalculations about loosing Yeddy, did they fire him. But remember, the next CM was chosen on Yeddy's terms.
BJP would not have won even with Yeddy's support. They lost their face in the people. They gave ticket to one of the Reddy brothers even in this polls. The second brother is in jail, so no friends for him now. Lol on your comments on BJP giving more value to dignity than politics.

Is hamam mein sab nage hain

Fired Gadkari from BJP presidents post ...
Much appreciated. Although Gadkari was not fired. He just was forced to not seek a second term. Compared to Congress they are a white elephant though.
Fired Bangaru Laxman from BJP president post ...
It was piece of cake to fire him. He was too much of a liability to get caught so red-handed.

Didnt Built Ram Mandir when they where in power & taking moral high ground by leaving the matter to the decision of Court...
God bless them for not attempting to do so.

But you should look at the political reasons for that. In UP, BJP actually campaigned with a promise to build Ram Mandir. But once in power, they could not or did not. Simple reasons are coalition politics and the fact that any misadventure will crap up the law and order so badly that no administration will want to see that under their rule.

Btw do you also call the muslim waqf boards also as taking moral high ground?
Tested Nuclear weapon when they knew testing it would be suicidal for a Government by getting Economic sanction from international society...
That was again a piece of cake. But I appreciate the coolness with which ABV took us through the period.

Name one Congress President being fired from President post ...
Sure they are scum when it comes to internal democracy.

Most Indians are very poor and always will vote for congress unlike some PDF extremist who think India a super pawa..
bjp has ruled poor states as well, and congress used to rule this relatively better off state. :)

U Congis can now have a Field trip beating ur drums for today ... But ur Boat wont float for long ... MODIorite is soon gonna Hit ur SICKluar world...

942002_10151411823778531_1569426629_n.jpg

Ek Karnataka se kitne Ched bharoge Uncle ... Aaakhir Bharat Maa ki Laaj to hum Sanghi hi bachha yenge 2014 main...

You forgot, in your understandable pain and anguish: I'm not a Congress supporter, just a Modi Loathee.

And on this pathetic performance, Modi will hardly cut into anything, other than a plug of chewing tobacco.

BJP will also lose in 2014: Kapil Sibal

Results of 2009 Elections:

First - Congress: 206 Seats.
Second - BJP: 116 Seats.
Third - SP: 23 Seats.

Gap B/W Second Largest & Third Largest = 93 Seats.

Now, i m wondering which is that party that will cover this gap of 93 seats to replace BJP as the Second Largest Party & push it down to Third Place.

As a Congressman, i can understand that Mr. Kapil Sibal wants his party to emerge the largest party AGAIN, but BJP pushed down to THIRD PLACE?? :rolleyes:

@Dillinger @samantk @anant_s Whats your take on the STATE OF MIND of Mr. Kapil Sibal?? :D

I said in one of my earlier post, not much should be read in this state election. People do vote differently when it comes to LS elections. Even congress would agree after seeing what happened in UP during last elections. So while congress has all right to feel proud and elated after Karnataka win, drawing analogies on future LS elections is well, not so wise.
As for Mr. Sibbal: :P

Last edited by a moderator:
And on this pathetic performance, Modi will hardly cut into anything, other than a plug of chewing tobacco.

I'm not really sure that is what should be taken away, no one could have helped in Karnataka. There is some evidence to suggest that Modi is admired by a substantial section of the people in Karnataka but there is no real way to translate that into votes for the BJP. Modi is also no AB Vajpayee, the only politician to have ever succeeded in a LS elections simply on the basis of his personality in Karnataka (2004 and I'm discounting earlier Cong leaders because of the always strong Cong presence). As your signature might say, the idea of ABV was stronger than the BJP.... Modi, for all the support is no ABV.

To be perfectly honest, on the subject of Modi, I no longer exercise my brain, but use two-dimensional constructs to tease the khaki-chaddi crowd. They are so eminently dishonest on the fundamental subject of exclusive versus inclusive identity, so hypocritical about their Islamophobia, and their xenophobia in general, and so devoid of constructive ideology, anything that might contribute to the ordinary citizen enjoying greater health, education, opportunities for gainful work, cultural and intellectual freedom, or the rule of law, that I find them as unbearable as the Congress. Less tolerable, perhaps, because the Congress does its mischief in a sly, underhand way, and is generally embarrassed to be caught in wrong-doing, while the Sangh Parivar is inevitably brazen about it.

Please disregard my posts on these threads. They are intended to bait the rabble.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom