What's new

Billion tree tsunami campaign ( under Green Growth Initiative)

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BhZHAynCYAEUNiA.jpg

This is the place from where the campaign will start. Its being prepared as on 1st of March, Imran Khan himself will inaugurate the campaign !

If only half the trees claimed to have been planted in Pakistan in such campaigns actually came to be, the whole world would be a forest by now.

If only half the trees claimed to have been planted in Pakistan in such campaigns actually came to be, the whole world would be a forest by now.
In many cases they are. The problem is NOT with the planting of trees.. is ensuring that some idiot developer doesnt uproot the saplings or otherwise 6 months later

In many cases they are. The problem is NOT with the planting of trees.. is ensuring that some idiot developer doesnt uproot the saplings or otherwise 6 months later

What good is a sapling planted if it never becomes a tree? Other than good press, of course.

What good is a sapling planted if it never becomes a tree? Other than good press, of course.
Regardless, the effort is made.. and those making it should be commended. It is the government systems fault that it is not followed through.

Regardless, the effort is made.. and those making it should be commended. It is the government systems fault that it is not followed through.

Efforts are best judged by the result they bear. Or don't bear, as in this case.

(As a percentage of land area, even UAE has more forest cover than Pakistan.)

Imran Khan mentioned about monitoring system through google satellite map, I am not exactly sure how it works but he told in a speech that I have advised CM sahib to use google so that no illegal cutting is done, and if there is, we be notified there and then.

Imran Khan mentioned about monitoring system through google satellite map, I am not exactly sure how it works but he told in a speech that I have advised CM sahib to use google so that no illegal cutting is done, and if there is, we be notified there and then.

Google Satellite imagery is NOT real-time.

There was another proposal by a PTI fellow for a KPK reserve.. it involved "tagged" trees.. monitored.

Efforts are best judged by the result they bear. Or don't bear, as in this case.

(As a percentage of land area, even UAE has more forest cover than Pakistan.)
Well then you can go ahead and tell 6 year old kids they are dumb shits to waste their time on it.. after all.. you have done all you can for this country.. havent you??

Well then you can go ahead and tell 6 year old kids they are dumb shits to waste their time on it.. after all.. you have done all you can for this country.. havent you??

I'd rather tell the "dumb shits" (as you called them) to get vaccinated for polio first, but hey, that is just me. Your priorities are obviously different. :D

Google Satellite imagery is NOT real-time.

The paid version is I guess?

There was another proposal by a PTI fellow for a KPK reserve.. it involved "tagged" trees.. monitored.

Brazil has done so, but will it be able to make sure the tree is actually there?

Even that is not real-time enough to enable "right there and then" notification to prevent tree loss.

Yes I guess that not how it functions, but none the less can be used to determine illegal cutting of trees.

The maps are the same between the two versions:
Google Maps for Business

The difference primarily is the number of hits you can make, and resolution of maps.

Alright, I dont know much about it, but I guess still it can be used to monitor activity.

Yes I guess that not how it functions, but none the less can be used to determine illegal cutting of trees.

Alright, I dont know much about it, but I guess still it can be used to monitor activity.

Satellite monitoring or not, the existing Timber Mafia will continue to go about its illegal business as usual with the connivance of those charged with managing the forests.

Back
Top Bottom