What's new

Bikini or headscarf -- which offers more freedom?

Amid all these claims of skin-liberation by some supporters of shedding cloths, I am enjoying Pakistani victory against Australia along with these Scarf wearing Pakistani women

119743.jpg

Well if one day one of our kids tries to commit suicide, rob a bank, kill some one, we will teach them right from wrong and bla bla like that doenst suffice.
Come to the reality every parents have a dream for their child and unfortunately not every parents dream come true.

I wonder what will the ultra modern parents will teach their daughters, Bikini or Headscarf, and what will they eventualy choose.

Jonasad
Frstly learn some manners. Secondly learn to debate a topic by listening to other peoples point of view. Consider this friendly advice from an old man.
Araz

12 pages of posts - maybe its better to leave this question to be answered by the opposite sex!

Sir I respect your wisdom and your parenting style, being a parent myself, but I am sorry I do not agree with this post of yours.

I am neither a student of Islam nor have I read the Koran, so I will not swim in unchartered waters, and I ask your indulgence for that.

I will however tell you where I come from, as an individual.

My wife and I, as all good parents, will bring up our kids instilling in them the best values of humanity, integrity, honesty, loyalty, compassion, and patriotism. We will teach them right from wrong. We will be honest with them about the world and the good and bad people they are likely to come across. We will teach them the difference between a good touch and a bad touch. We will teach them the value of trust, but also the necessity for caution.

Beyond this, we can only advise them and try to uide them so that they do not make the mistakes we made. But they will likely make their own mistakes. And they will learn from them. And we will be there to support them, without ever being judgemental, should they ever be struck down and need time to find their feet again. We will give them an education. We will give them all the tools we can to go out into the world. But beyond that we cannot and we will not stifle their own discovery of the world and of life, and ALL the joys it has to offer.

Cheers, Doc

vasdoc
Thank you for your kind words.I respect your point of view. What you have reiterated is what we will all do as parents.Donning one extra piece of cloth does not mean that your children will not commit mistakes. This was never the point. The point was a reflection on the text of the article to suggest that modesty is ingrained in us all. Most women make an effort to overcome their embarrasment initially. The religious diatribe was not an effort to impress anyone with my piety or sagacity, (both of which I lack ) but to present a religious reason for donning the hijab. As non muslims , people are free to do what they like, as do most of our muslim brothers and sisters. The point is it all makes depends on whether you believe in Islam or not.If you dont feel free to do as you please.
Araz

12 pages of posts - maybe its better to leave this question to be answered by the opposite sex!
Curious to know what is our Sage Chief's personal view on this.

Does the Chief like seeing women scantily clad flaunting their
bounties - or would he rather have them covered up so as not to have his
peace of mind disturbed?

Personally it is plain and simple Islamophobia as more and more non-Muslims simply believe barring the Muslim dress would somehow help defeat Islam as well. The Islamophobes and the Mullahs have the most in common with each other.

They are both religiously motivated and equally extreme and support all curbs against freedom that does not conform with their worldview.

Hijab simply, although important and must, is not a requirement that barrs you from the faith. Non-hijabi women are practicing Muslims too. Which is why Europe is moving towards banning it - Which is why France is trying to ban Halaal food - it's why the Swiss banned the minarets.

Its all liberation as long as it curbs Islam's freedom :).

Haha, half the people up there who have supported "liberation" have done so by supporting suppression of religious freedom. An oxymoron that is quite common amongst Islamophobes.

Now see through this angel :

It is "islam in danger" mentality that makes people to showcase their religion in every possible way even it embrasses other.

Now see through this angel :

It is "islam in danger" mentality that makes people to showcase their religion in every possible way even it embrasses other.
As opposed to the Islam IS the danger mentality?

Take it like this:

Bikini > Liberal become more liberal.

Burqa > Conservative become more conservative.

Have a balance just discard both, have a dress that be fits a human being both modest and liberal look.

Take it like this:

Have a balance just discard both, have a dress that be fits a human being both modest and liberal look.
A very simplistic view of the world... The world is more complex than that.

As opposed to the Islam IS the danger mentality?

It depends how one interprets it.

There were great muslim like Akbar, Tipu Sultan, Ras Khan, Kabir....

But no one wants there islam.

They want Islam of Aurangeb, Ghari, ...

A very simplistic view of the world... The world is more complex than that.

This simple view is held by majority of people and followed.

Yes they are not vocal.

Just as most of the people are moderate but only fanatics are out in

the street.

Take it like this:

How about totally Liberal?

Let go of the bikini:woot:

This simple view is held by majority of people and followed.

Yes they are not vocal.

Just as most of the people are moderate but only fanatics are out in

the street.
The majority of the people follow simplicity and conformity. A girl can be liberal in political views and modest in clothing at the same time.

One can support freedom of speech, democracy, equality and have no need to bare skin.

One can be a nudist and oppose any and all liberal ideals.

The problem is when you view the world with western eyes and not make a mind of your own. You said it the majority does it, so it must be okay. It just makes you another sheep in the herd, doesn't make you right.

Now I'm not saying that a woman must not try to look good, or 'show off her assets' if she wants to. I'm saying that if she doesn't want to, stop trying to strip her off her clothing. Respect her choice either.

What a point Asim, 100% agreed with u.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom