What's new

Biggest Commonwealth Games kicks off in Delhi

17.jpg

Cheers and jeers for Kalmadi at CWG opening ceremony
Press Trust of India, Updated: Sun, Oct 3, 2010 21:30 IST

kalmadi295.jpg

New Delhi: It was both cheers and jeers for Suresh Kalmadi, the chairman of the Organising Committee of the Commonwealth Games, when he made his speech while it was cheers all the way for Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.

Kalmadi, who has been under attack over alleged corruption and several missed deadlines, received a round of boos when he made his speech at the opening ceremony of the Games.

Kalmadi was followed by Commonwealth Games Federation chief Mike Fennell, whose references to Dikshit were received by rounds of applause by the audience.

Even when Kalmadi referred to Dikshit, whose government built the city's infrastructure and cleaned up the mess in the Games Village, the spectators cheered her.

i was more than amazed when i saw people cheering for both pakistan and bangladesh for the highest extent.....but one's they visit this forum,definitely their is going to b a change in their attitude :rofl:

The opening ceremony was awesome.

Beautiful.

Kerala Artists performing dance now... WowwwwwwWWWWWWW

The stadium looks spectacular....grand opening ceremony.....I am sure these games will be a huge success.....once these games are over Kalmadi,Bhanot and co. should be screwed

Back
Top Bottom