What's new

Biggest Commonwealth Games kicks off in Delhi

If China, Russia and USA were part of the Common Wealth and did participate in the Games then how many Gold Medals would India get ?

China, Russia and USA are not part of the Common Wealth nations, so your question is invalid. Besides countries like Canada, U.K., Australia are no weaklings when it comes to sports, yet India is at quite a good position in the table.

This is a good medium for Indian athletes to learn, compete and grow against international athletes. And these games will hopefully open eyes of India public to pay attention to sports other than cricket. And when this happens, we will perform better on the world stage, which I believe will happen soon.

Btw, if the competition is so weak, then please tell me what are Pakistani athletes doing, they're anywhere but near the top.

Last edited:
He is facing everything from mis-Mangaement to a Corruption investigation.

The games could only happen due to last minute intervention by Dehli government and the PM office , cabinet ministers and Military officials.

Even if the games are successful Khalmadi should not be off the hook

The root of all evil was - corruption !!!
Khalmadi was just doing his job and he can't control every single thing that was related to corruption. India should punish all those people who who made big bucks organizing the CWG. I mean punish those who were involved in corruption.

If China, Russia and USA were part of the Common Wealth and did participate in the Games then how many Gold Medals would India get ?

Still more than what you can get!

And it was pure stupidity on your part to think of these countries in "COMMONWEALTH GAMES"

India already lost her credibility from the start! The opening is acceptable and could she maintain it to the end?

I accept the comments..but please dont address India as 'She'.India is much more a 'he'...even 'it' is acceptable. Whats China? He? She?

Aussie grappler disqualified for obscene gesture

New Delhi: Australian wrestler Hassene Fkiri was disqualified Tuesday for making an obscene gesture to the judges in the Commonwealth Games 96kg Greco-Roman final, his coach said.

Fkiri, who would have picked up a silver medal, refused to shake hands with Anil Kumar after losing to his Indian opponent, and moments earlier had shown his middle finger to the judges.

Australian coach Kuldi Bassi said: "I didn't actually see anything myself but someone else told me he saw it.

"He's a very nice person normally. He's very good, win or lose. He wasn't unhappy at all (before the fight) -- he was happy to be representing his country.The Indian (Kumar) upset him a bit and was pulling his neck. I told him that was what was going to happen and I think he just lost control. It's very sad and it's bad for the country."
Organisers of the competition were not immediately available for comment.

Aussie grappler disqualified for obscene gesture | NDTV.com

The root of all evil was - corruption !!!
Khalmadi was just doing his job and he can't control every single thing that was related to corruption. India should punish all those people who who made big bucks organizing the CWG. I mean punish those who were involved in corruption.

Khalmadi was the ring leader for this corruption.

Look at his track record. We all dreaded this from the moment he was made head of OC.

India may have corruption.

But Metro was completed
And Air port was completed , early :eek:
Buses were ready , roads were ready.

Delhi local government did that.

Sure even they messed up their prep with Having some of the cites Beautification projects still on going but they did all the crucial stuff well ahead of time.

Corruption is common theme in the sub-continent everyone lives with it. But some babu's don't even have the common courtesy to their jobs.

They want to loot and run leaving someone else to hold up the nations pants.

WOW man what a opening ceremony
SUperbbb

i was there:">
India Gives Huge Welcome to Pakistan! Commonwealth Games 2010 Opening Ceremony

Aussie grappler disqualified for obscene gesture

New Delhi: Australian wrestler Hassene Fkiri was disqualified Tuesday for making an obscene gesture to the judges in the Commonwealth Games 96kg Greco-Roman final, his coach said.

Fkiri, who would have picked up a silver medal, refused to shake hands with Anil Kumar after losing to his Indian opponent, and moments earlier had shown his middle finger to the judges.

Australian coach Kuldi Bassi said: "I didn't actually see anything myself but someone else told me he saw it.

"He's a very nice person normally. He's very good, win or lose. He wasn't unhappy at all (before the fight) -- he was happy to be representing his country.The Indian (Kumar) upset him a bit and was pulling his neck. I told him that was what was going to happen and I think he just lost control. It's very sad and it's bad for the country."
Organisers of the competition were not immediately available for comment.

Aussie grappler disqualified for obscene gesture | NDTV.com

Australians showing their manner day by day. In every way.... :tdown:

India's Somdev Devvarman plays a shot against Devin Mullings of Bahamas during their first round match of the XIX Commonwealth Games at the R K Khanna Stadium in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
7.jpg

Kakoma Bella-Lufu of South Africa throws Mark Montgomery of Northern Ireland on the way to winning the bronze medal in the 96kg category of the Greco-Roman Wrestling at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
africangymnast.jpg

English swimmer Francesa Halsall poses with her gold medal flanked by Australian swimmer Marieke Guehrer silver medallist and Australian swimmer Emily Seebohm bronze medallist after victory in the Women's 50 metre butterfly final for The Commonwealth Games at The SP Mukherjee Aquatics Centre Stadium in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
10.jpg

Australia's Jack Bobridge gestures after winning the Men's Individual Pursuit Cycling competition at Indira Gandhi Sports Complex during the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. The Commonwealth Games are taking place in the Indian capital October 3-14. (AFP Photo)
11.jpg

New Zealand's Cameron Sinclair attempts a lift during the men's 62 kg weightlifting snatch event during the XIX Commonwealth Games at Jawaharlal Nehru sports complex in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
9.jpg

Indian players celebrate their first goal against Malaysia during their field hockey match at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium during the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
indianhockey.jpg

South African swimmer Natalie Du Toit celebrates after victory in the women's 50 metre freestyle S9 final for The Commonwealth Games at The S.P. Mukherjee Aquatics Centre Stadium in New Delhi. Du Toit won. (AFP Photo)
12.jpg

Last edited:
India's gold winners Abhinav Bindra and Gagan Narang hold Indian flag after the men's Pairs 10m Air Rifle shooting event at the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
1.jpg

India's Abhinav Bindra and Gagan Narang pose with their coach Stanislav Lapidus flashing the victory sign after they won gold in the men's Pairs 10m Air Rifle shooting event at the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)

3.jpg

Anil Kumar of India is declared winner after defeating Hassene Fkiri of Australia to take gold in the 96 kg category of the Greco-Roman wrestling at the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
anil.jpg

Tejaswini Sawant and Lajjakumari Gauswami of India pose with their silver medals after the women's pairs 50 metre Rifle 3 positions shooting at the XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
5.jpg

Ravinder Singh of India celebrates winning the gold medal in the 60 kg category of the Greco-Roman wrestling at the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
ravinder.jpg

India's Omkar Shekhar Otari gestures after a successful lift during the men's 62 kg weightlifting snatch event during the Commonwealth Games at Jawaharlal Nehru sports complex in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
6.jpg

Sanjay of India bites his gold medal in the 74 kg category of the Greco-Roman wrestling at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
sanjay.jpg

William Marshall from Scotland competes for the ball with Muhammad Rashid from Pakistan during the field hockey match between Pakistan and Scotland at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium during the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. Pakistan won the match 3- 0. (AFP Photo)

8.jpg

Gymnasts from Australia celebrate after winning gold in the Artistic Gymnastics Women's team event at Indira Gandhi stadium in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
ausgymnasts.jpg

Canada's gold medal winner Marilou Dozois Prevost gestures after her successful lift during the Women's 53 kg weightlifting clean and jerk event during the Commonwealth games at Jawaharlal Nehru sports complex in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
prevost.jpg

Archers take aim during the Men's Individual Recurve Archery elimination round of the XIX Commonwealth Games at the Yamuna Sports Complex in New Delhi. (AFP Photo)
archers.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom