What's new

Biden Hails Importance Of U.S.-China Relationship

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
Washington might love to hate China, but the U.S. relationship with the No. 2 economy is fast becoming our most important.

Vice President Joe Biden basically said so on Friday when he met with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in the White House.

Biden said he believed China’s development was in the interests not only of the United States, but for the rest of the whole world. This is not a shocker. With the exception of maybe a few countries in Western Europe and — perhaps — Japan, Biden’s comments are a no-brainer. Brazil loves China:smitten:. All of Africa loves China:smitten:. Russia loves China:smitten:. Okay, maybe India is not that big a fan:sick:…

Biden said he was optimistic about strengthening ties between the two countries, adding that President Barack Obama believed the success of humankind in the 21st century depends on how the U.S. and China handle global issues.

Of course, the U.S. and China don’t see eye to eye on a number of important matters. Global warming is one. Both are the world’s top two emitters of CO2 into the atmosphere. China burns coal. The U.S. burns coal. But the U.S. won’t hop on board global initiatives to reduce emissions due to costs, saying that it makes them less competitive with the Chinese, who aren’t doing anything. Ironically, all of our multinationals are in China, so that makes us less competitive with ourselves?

Then there’s Syria. China is not supportive of Washington’s military antics in the Middle East in general.

On economic matters, hardly an election goes by without some American politician blaming China for our weak job market. It’s almost as if they forgot about the 2008 financial crisis, started by American banks and ignored by top level American policy makers. Weird, I know…

Wang told reporters in Washington that one of the major goals of his visit was “sending out a signal that the two countries are willing to advance the new model of major-country relationship through concrete actions and practical cooperation,” Xinhua reported Friday.

Wang also met with Secretary of State John Kerry, who later reportedly told DC journalists that the new model of China-U.S. relations was based on practical cooperation. He said the two needed to “avoid falling into a trap, of seeing one another as strategic rivals.”

Biden Hails Importance Of U.S.-China Relationship - Forbes

I don't want to get close with these war mongering Yankees that want to counter China by building military bases around us and support those dirty Japs stealing our Diaoyu islands.

I appreciate his small eye.Think he also appreciates the orientals.

As much as I have suspicion of the US, there is no question in the 21st century global order and security largely depend on the cooperation of US-China. For this, neither China and US will ever go to war with each other.

Wang Yi's Mandarin is pretty good as well as Xi's,American shocked for this real human voice.

CPC is corrupt to the core. They are spreading Christianity, democrazy, and western culture in China. Thousands of years of our religion, systems and culture are being wiped out thanks to the sheer incompetence of the CPC. Pretty soon our entire population will be converted to Christianity, want democrazy political system and fully westernized youth.

RIP China!

CPC is corrupt to the core. They are spreading Christianity, democrazy, and western culture in China. Thousands of years of our religion, systems and culture are being wiped out thanks to the sheer incompetence of the CPC. Pretty soon our entire population will be converted to Christianity, want democrazy political system and fully westernized youth.

RIP China!

I agree about the culture and religion points you have raised.

However I believe that once it is wealthy, say $15-20k+ per capita income, China should move to a democratic system. However right now, an authoritarian system is best.

I agree about the culture and religion points you have raised.

However I believe that once it is wealthy, say $15-20k+ per capita income, China should move to a democratic system. However right now, an authoritarian system is best.

No, democratic system is a way for western powers to control countries by manipulating politicians to get elected. These politicians get bribed by western intelligence agencies to have pro-western policies. You can clearly see this in play in Japan, South Korea, and many other democratic countries. There was a report recently that the MI6 is using information on Hong Kong politicians to blackmail them and control the Hong Kong political system. Make no mistake, these westerners are complete barbarians of the worst kind. They want power and control over all challenges to further their imperial goals.

If democratic system was immune from western infiltration, then I will support a semi-democratic system.

Christianity just to spread to entertain Chinese you know.
Mandarin is core of our soul unchangable and it's our cultural weapon to make massive effect on western people.

No, democratic system is a way for western powers to control countries by manipulating politicians to get elected. These politicians get bribed by western intelligence agencies to have pro-western policies. You can clearly see this in play in Japan, South Korea, and many other democratic countries. There was a report recently that the MI6 is using information on Hong Kong politicians to blackmail them and control the Hong Kong political system. Make no mistake, these westerners are complete barbarians of the worst kind. They want power and control over all challenges to further their imperial goals.

If democratic system was immune from western infiltration, then I will support a semi-democratic system.

What's stopping Chinese agencies, doing the same with Western nations?

That is, if you what have said is true.

What's stopping Chinese agencies, doing the same with Western nations?

That is, if you what have said is true.

We have a white man worshipping culture to even think about hurting western interests. CPC is now very much pro-western and highly corrupt. Pretty much every CPC leader has assets in the west and their children in western universities being brainwashed of how bad China is.

Even as our economy is growing, we are being westernized. Our ancient culture and systems are being decimated due to western influence.

Western NGOs are spreading Christianity and other western crap inside China. CPC is doing nothing to stop this.

We have a white man worshipping culture to even think about hurting western interests. CPC is now very much pro-western and highly corrupt. Pretty much every CPC leader has assets in the west and their children in western universities being brainwashed of how bad China is.

Even as our economy is growing, we are being westernized. Our ancient culture and systems are being decimated due to western influence.

Western NGOs are spreading Christianity and other western crap inside China. CPC is doing nothing to stop this.

Is there really anything wrong with borrowing concepts from the West? It has been the pioneers of many social reforms that China should look to.

There are many good things to take away from them. There are also many bad things.

Back
Top Bottom