What's new

Bharat Forge Kalyani and Uralvagonzavod Sign 155mm SP Howitzer Co-production Deal

I dont think they've shortlisted anyone for that program. OFB offers almost the same thing, Punj Llyod is also offering an upgrade, though different design from BF and OFB.

It's actually the metamorphisis gun proposed by Soltam, the project ran into trouble after a Barrel explosion, about 40 of them were actually upgraded by Soltam but there are some questions on the barrel, and I think MoD decided to rope in BF as the integrator for the new 155mm Barrels. Half of the M46 inventory is earmarked for the upgrade

@Abingdonboy @Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA what is going on, i thought K9 Thunder was already signed, what arty is being transferred from Russia?
The K9 L&T deal has been finalised and the order will be placed in a few weeks, this BF deal is a private arrangment between two private entities that does not have anything to do with Indian orders. Perhaps BF is looking to gain expertise (this has been their practice in the past; buying up foreign designs/know how) and this agreement will serve third party export markets? This is what MII is heavily targeting; India creating a manufacturing base to serve the global economy.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom