What's new

Believe it or not! Petrol could be below Rs 30 a litre in 5 years

Even if its free in the entire world pakistanis will pay 3 times the normal price. As its now
Current price in Pakistan of Gasoline is Rs. 74 per liter which comes around to 0.70 USD per liter with conversion rate of 105.5; Where as in India, Price is Re. 59 per liter which comes around to 0.92 USD per liter with conversion rate of 64:
How is it 3 times than the normal?

We don't have scarce water in most places, we only have scarce drinking water. Imagine what will be possible if anyone can have as much clean water as he wants, for nearly no cost.

More likely clean water will be wasted on silly stuff. This for instance is Los Angeles...
In A Drought, Over-Irrigated Lawns Lose 70 Billion Gallons Of Water A Year
https://www.wateronline.com/doc/in-...-lawns-lose-billion-gallons-water-a-year-0001

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 9.24.57 PM.jpg

"In the summer of 2010, Los Angeles lost about 100 gallons of water per person per day to the atmosphere through evaporation, mostly from overwatering of lawns and trees."

BTW I plead guilty of doing this...but there is no drought where I am. My water bill is sometimes > $1000 a year.

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 9.35.49 PM.jpg

...and yes all that water going to grass and other plants is all drinkable water.

Last edited:
The BP chart you shared is the Electricity Production and Consumption. and till 2030 we can see that Oil used for production of electricity will be used, a bit less, but other fossil fuels will be used with much greater proportions, And on consumption of electricity side, minimal variance in %age terms usage in Transport....

So the Oil will be continued to used in Transport..............
From the BP chart you provided, Electricity usage is almost a flat line for transport, from which I can infer that Transport will be reliant on Oil; so in near future Crude products consuming or hybrid cars will continue to roam.
About 71% (?) of Crude is used for transportation now; and chart provided by you show that this is not going to change significantly.
From what I can read that demand of Oil is not going down significantly (if any at all) in near future.

With decreasing demand prices are impacted negatively, which in turn attract more consumers, till a balancing point is reached; Market reactions to demand, supply and prices. Nothing out of ordinary.

Between, you have not commented on my point of crude as carrier of energy and such; instead have pulled me to those point which were not addressed by me; Excellent maneuvering.

That was only upto 2030. The future does not mean just 10-12 years.
2050 and you gonna see drastic changes.

BTW, read what MD of Daimler Benz has to say:

Autonomous cars: In 2018 the first self driving cars will appear for the public. Around 2020, the complete industry will start to be disrupted. You don't want to own a car anymore. You will call a car with your phone, it will show up at your location and drive you to your destination. You will not need to park it, you only pay for the driven distance and can be productive while driving. Our kids will never get a driver's licence and will never own a car. It will change the cities, because we will need 90-95% less cars for that. We can transform former parking spaces into parks. 1.2 million people die each year in car accidents worldwide. We now have one accident every 60,000 miles (100,000 km), with autonomous driving that will drop to one accident in 6 million miles (10 million km). That will save a million lives each year. Most car companies will probably become bankrupt. Traditional car companies try the evolutionary approach and just build a better car, while tech companies (Tesla, Apple, Google) will do the revolutionary approach and build a computer on wheels. Many engineers from Volkswagen and Audi; are completely terrified of Tesla. Insurance companies will have massive trouble because without accidents, the insurance will become 100x cheaper. Their car insurance business model will disappear.

Electric cars will become mainstream about 2020. Cities will be less noisy because all new cars will run on electricity. Electricity will become incredibly cheap and clean: Solar production has been on an exponential curve for 30 years, but you can now see the burgeoning impact.

Last year, more solar energy was installed worldwide than fossil. Energy companies are desperately trying to limit access to the grid to prevent competition from home solar installations, but that can't last. Technology will take care of that strategy. With cheap electricity comes cheap and abundant water.

BP Sees a Future of Slowing Oil Demand Growth, Abundant Supplies ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/.../bp-sees-a-future-of-slowing-oil-demand-growth-abun...Jan 25, 2017 - BP Sees a Future of Slowing Oil Demand Growth, Abundant Supplies. by ... World has enough oil reserves to meet demand beyond 2050 ...

From 2010 to 2015, world oil consumption grew at an average annual rate of 1.2 percent.

From 2010 to 2015, world consumption of wind and solar electricity grew at an average annual rate of 23.9 percent.

Minqi-Figure-4.jpg

Minqi-Figure-15.jpg

YOU SAY: this will make fossil fuel cheap
Article = Believe it or not! Petrol could be below Rs 30 a litre in 5 years

So you are agreeing with the article, hence what is your disagreement?

Let us not defy the conventional wisdom...

Last edited:
Current price in Pakistan of Gasoline is Rs. 74 per liter which comes around to 0.70 USD per liter with conversion rate of 105.5; Where as in India, Price is Re. 59 per liter which comes around to 0.92 USD per liter with conversion rate of 64:
How is it 3 times than the normal?
Because 50 rupes is tax added .otherwise it would be 25 rupees per liter

View attachment 399381

Lithium is a platform that Tesla is banking upon.
All the electric cars of the future would be dependent upon it.
Not that it is a source.
It is a platform.

Lithium enjoys the Tesla effect - Financial Times
Rise of electric cars accelerates race for lithium assets

This is one such source that will help replace crude oil, owing to its demand in car and other batteries.

View attachment 399386

View attachment 399415
Yeah Platform it is!!
I just mentioned that it is not a source or a production medium like Solar, Wind or Hydel as mentioned earlier. Ok you explained it now.

Because 50 rupees is tax added .otherwise it would be 25 rupees per liter
What is the price per liter of Petrol in France?......... Google tells me Euro 1.47 per liter, that is, $1.66 per liter; Another wrote few post before that Petrol is Re. 76 in Mumbai, that is $1.18:
Why are prices in France and India higher than Pakistan? Higher corporate profits or Govt. taxes?
And you are bashing Pakistan on petrol prices for no good reason.

What is the price per liter of Petrol in France?......... Google tells me Euro 1.47 per liter, that is, $1.66 per liter; Another wrote few post before that Petrol is Re. 76 in Mumbai, that is $1.18:
Why are prices in France and India higher than Pakistan? Higher corporate profits or Govt. taxes?
And you are bashing Pakistan on petrol prices for no good reason.
Actual price without duty n taxes is 0.41 euro cents. Whts the real rate in pakistan. Well u wont find out this mystery. Petrol mafia

Its inconsequential as of now.
You don't even know the appropriate term for it, this is called tidal power.

And good rainfall and healthy inheritance of 349 billion FOREX which Atal Bihari bajpayee did not.
Are you sure?
Before replying rudely to somebody check. Google is your friend.
Potential of power from ocean current is enormous and research is going on full scale, even in India

Are you sure?
Before replying rudely to somebody check. Google is your friend.
Potential of power from ocean current is enormous and research is going on full scale, even in India

Research has been going on since 1950.
How many GW of total power has been achieved worldwide so far?

INDIA: http://indianpowersector.com/home/2...s-first-commercial-scale-tidal-power-project/

The Indian state of Gujarat has approved Asia’s first commercial-scale tidal power project in the Gulf of Kutch.

The 50 MW tidal current power plant will be developed by UK company Atlantis Resources Corporation in partnership with Gujarat Power Corporation, with construction starting as early as 2011.

A memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed at the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2011 with the State of Gujarat could see a total of 250 MW of tidal power developed in the region.

What happened of this 50 MW project after 6 years?
Do you have any idea?

Research has been going on since 1950.
How many GW of total power has been achieved worldwide so far?

INDIA: http://indianpowersector.com/home/2...s-first-commercial-scale-tidal-power-project/

What happened of this 50 MW project after 6 years?
Do you have any idea?
Man first read it. Its not tidal but Ocean current. Tidal is unpredictable, so not a dependable source.
Billions and billions are invested by countries on how to utilize ocean current for energy.concept is decad old and if succeed will result in unlimited energy.

Man first read it. Its not tidal but Ocean current. Tidal is unpredictable, so not a dependable source.
Billions and billions are invested by countries on how to utilize ocean current for energy.concept is decad old and if succeed will result in unlimited energy.

Man first read it before I ignore you:

inconse.png

Only one word = Inconsequential.
As said before.

Old wine in a new bottle = Banned ID.

IGNORED!

Man first read it before I ignore you:

View attachment 399736

Only one word = Inconsequential.
As said before.

Old wine in a new bottle = Banned ID.

IGNORED!
Where I told that its matured? Its only a decade oldconcept.
World is pouring billions on its research and if succeed it will change the world.
I was enjoying your post and replies to @Arsalan. You don't have any technical knowledge on the subject.
How you can tell somebody "You don't even know the appropriate term for it, this is called tidal power." when he meant Ocean Current and you don't have an idea about it.
Anyway now the whole thread is yours and you are free to insult anybody.

Its inconsequential as of now.
You don't even know the appropriate term for it, this is called tidal power.

And good rainfall and healthy inheritance of 349 billion FOREX which Atal Bihari bajpayee did not.
Well, actually, its Marine Current Power, that is what he is talking about. :(

You are confusing between Marine Current and Tidal Power. These are different, just like Lithium is from Wind Solar and Hydel power sources.

Back
Top Bottom