Belgian pilot falls out of helicopter

Cell_DbZ

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Pilot falls out of helicopter in Amay
2409830517.jpg

Sun 03/09/2017 - 16:52 Michaël Torfs

In Amay, in Liège province, a pilot has fallen out of a military helicopter. The accident happened during a demonstration. The victim died, it turned out after a search had been staged. The co-pilot managed to land the helicopter safely.
A military spokesperson told the VRT that the army was staging a demonstration with parachutists for the occasion of an open day. Two pilots were on board an Agusta A-109 helicopter when one of the two fell out of the aircraft.

At that moment, the helicopter was at an altitude of a couple of hundred metres. The victim was not wearing a parachute. A search was being staged after the accident to find the victim; soon after it was confirmed that the victim had died. The Defence Department did not supply any details about the victim out of respect for the family.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.3059741

It is speculated that this was a deliberate act of suicide.

edit: some sources say that the body has not been found as of now and that the situation is unclear.
(Source is in French)
https://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/de...e-militaire-en-vol-dimanche-a-amay?id=9699048
(Another one in Dutch)
http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20170903_03050004

Last edited:
Suicide!!! Should have been done alone instead of risking others lives.

495324813-agusta-a109-copilot-airplane-instrument-cockpit-aeroplane.jpg

See those thingies going from seat over shoulders? Those should be worn. Can't imagine this being an accident!
It was not an accident but a deliberate act of suicide.

See those thingies going from seat over shoulders? Those should be worn. Can't imagine this being an accident!
Nothing is confirmed, but all sings indicate it is indeed suicide.

Accident happens a young hot shot Pilot forgets to properly gears himself.
That would be a bad excuse, considering this is the army and there's also a door that has to be opened...

Accident happens a young hot shot Pilot forgets to properly gears himself.

If a pilot can't even remember to put on a seatbelt then he wouldn't ever receive his license. There is a long checklist that pilots go through. Forgetting even one thing on that checklist will cause a crash.

That would be a bad excuse, considering this is the army and there's also a door that has to be opened..
Agreed. Overlooking to belt up is most unfortunate but leaving the door ajar as well is indicative of intent - suicide.

His wife/gf must have pushed him out of the window. :rolleyes:
I'm trying not to laugh but man is this really funny.

His wife/gf must have pushed him out of the window. :rolleyes:
I'm trying not to laugh but man is this really funny.
I am having a hard time to see the funny side, the pilot endangered his own co-pilot and could have killed him, luckily the co-pilot was skilled enough to save himself and the helicopter from crashing on potential pedestrians.

I am having a hard time to see the funny side, the pilot endangered his own co-pilot and could have killed him, luckily the co-pilot was skilled enough to save himself and the helicopter from crashing on potential pedestrians.
My apologies. I only read the headline. :(

His wife/gf must have pushed him out of the window.
I know you said it metaphorically but actually this could be and most likely is bordering on being literally true. In the West nobody commits suicide for reasons of poverty or injustice. The only thing that could drive a man over the edge is either health [illness] which can't have been the case here or wife/girlfriend problems. You might well be right.

*Of course I am assuming he is not gay in which case just interject the prefix "boy" at friend.

You get fine for driving while drunk...but is there any law for the helo pilots...

Nobody told him, Sir don't take to the sky after few shots of vodka...

Back
Top Bottom