What's new

Bangladeshis' deposit in Swiss banks, Swiss ambassador tells lies: FM Momen

You are right, Mr. Alga Momen. People are happy because they are richer than all time before. This is why they don't care even if they are forced to buy daily necessities at 20% to 30% higher prices than last month.

Published on 04:55 PM, August 12, 2022

Bangladeshi people living in heaven amid global recession: Foreign Minister​

Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen

Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen. File photo
Star Digital Report

"The people of Bangladesh are in heaven compared to other countries amid the global recession," said Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen today (August 12, 2022).

A specific faction is spreading fear that Bangladesh will have a similar disaster as Sri Lanka, however, this is baseless, he told reporters after a view-exchange meeting on land acquisition for an expansion project of Sylhet Osmani International Airport, reports our Sylhet correspondent.

When asked if Switzerland would be requested for information about money launderers again, the minister replied that countries, where money is laundered, do not wish to exchange such information.

Earlier the finance ministry and Bangladesh Bank had sought information about 67 people and their money in Swiss banks. At that time, they gave information about only one person.
Although the information was sought several times, Switzerland, a friend of Bangladesh was urged not to provide misinformation, the minister said.

@UKBengali , what are you doing in United Kingdom? Please return to Jannah!

Jannah need an economic expert like you. Please don't deprive the residents of this Jannah! :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks Jatiya party!

Three days old news from the media of bhatarland ( land of husband ; in profane sense in bengali)! I hope people like @UKBengali shall understand now what BNP can do if they were given the chance ( by deep state?)

বৃহস্পতিবার তারা ঢাকার নয়া পল্টনে যে সমাবেশের ডাক দিয়েছিল, বিপুল লোক সমাগমে তা কার্যত গোটা রাজধানী শহরকেই অচল করে দেয়।

Swiss government has no say nor knowledge of depositors in their banks which are private entities.

It would be a stupid request. The independence of its bank from the swiss government is enshrined in its laws. Many have asked for this and have gotten nothing in return.

BD needs to stop capital flight in its jurisdiction and not moan and place blame on others.

Three days old news from the media of bhatarland ( land of husband ; in profane sense in bengali)! I hope people like @UKBengali shall understand now what BNP can do if they were given the chance ( by deep state?)

বৃহস্পতিবার তারা ঢাকার নয়া পল্টনে যে সমাবেশের ডাক দিয়েছিল, বিপুল লোক সমাগমে তা কার্যত গোটা রাজধানী শহরকেই অচল করে দেয়।

BNP needs to ouster BAL quickly who have no democratic legitimacy.

Hilarious article... who gives a flying **** about BAL and their eternal nonsense about mujib family. World does not stand still in august.

Question is where is BNPs leverage with deep state. It must be bought to bear. For BD to truely rise BAL and the mujib family has to be surgically eliminated by a nationalist force. I do not care if that is done by BNP or the patriotic stream from within BAL who remain the majority but are ruled by india appeasing clique surrounding hasina.

Question is where is BNPs leverage with deep state. It must be bought to bear.
I don't think so. I think it the new party Gano Adhikar porishod!

IMHO, when BNP will be failed , the new party will rise officially!

If there will be national unity govt, it will last 2/3 years and later BAL might sit in power again ( not sure though, it could be BNP if they can choose chairperson outside of Zia family) , and Gano odhikar porishod will be an effective opposition!

And then next time , they will sit on power.

It should be a lengthy process! What I'm saying , is purely my personal observation, as my subject of interest is course of politics; whether it's internal politics of Bangladesh, or regional ( South Asia) , that is now heavily connected to international politics due to US China issue!
BNP needs to ouster BAL quickly who have no democratic legitimacy.
God forbid if BNP again grab the power with Khaleda ot Tareq chora as chairperson Bangladesh will be returned to stone age. So I wish BNP will remain suppressed ! Later their majority followers will vote for new party , let's say its Gano odhikar porishod!

Now we have to wait for future. But I don't see Gano odhikar porishod is sitting on power before 2030!

Finally , if we want to establish real democracy , we must annihilate family dynasty; the venomous plant that's seed was sow in 1991 , via so called democracy and indeed so called parliamentary system ( in reality what we see in Bangladesh, its just the rule of prime minister, not parliamentary system ! As in parliamentary system , you can't have article 70 ) !

And if you want to wipe out the tree from root , and also want to appease world leaders ( which is important for export) , it's not an easy process you know!

Finally I agre with @BananaRepublicUK , that Hindutva is now trying to overthrow Hasina!

( I've been saying it from ages , although people didn't remember it)

Although I completely disagree on his POV on Pinaky Bhattchariya!

My POV of Pinaky is , indeed he is using chanakya policy but it's not for raw , but for the establishment of Bangladesh!

However that's not relevant in this thread!

Back to the topic , I would say both BNP and BAL , including jatiya party should be like Muslim league! After new party seat on power , we need more party without any family dynasty, only then we can revive democracy effectively!

So I'm sorry to say , it will take lots of time to establish true form of democracy!

But we should establish it later , no doubt , as TBH we can't make one party state like China; our people are unworthy for this system permanently.

If you observe history , you will see that bengalis (people of those region) were never ruling class!

However, you can take a look on this 8 min video! The BNP guy ( ex military officier) has an opinion!

If the opinion is correct , I would say the future if BNP indeed will be like Muslim league!

However later BAL will meet the same fate though!

@mb444

Last edited:

Dear BNP supporter,

Since before knowing how to wear half-pants people in BD know that all these BNP or BAL goons are good at gathering supporters.

But, the country needs technocrats at the top who understand the national economy, have self-discipline and can run the country.

Does BNP have that kind of leader? BD will do better if the population elects people like Dr. Yunus and Dr. Reza Kibria.

Let the politicians control their respective parties and let the technocrats run the country. BD needs one or more Lee Kuan of Singapore who understands how to build the country from the base.

Dear BNP supporter,
But I thought that, im a BAL crony! :undecided:

Thanks for changing your points of view on me!

But, the country needs technocrats at the top who understand the national economy, have self-discipline and can run the country.
I'm exactly saying so ! Infact , it has been my point of view from the beginning when I joined here! Perhaps you forget it!

However I'm glad to see that we both now agree on this point!

@bluesky

Let the politicians control their respective parties and let the technocrats run the country. BD needs one or more Lee Kuan of Singapore who understands how to build the country from the base!

Last edited:
But I thought that, im a BAL crony! :undecided:

Thanks for changing your points of view on me!

I'm exactly saying so ! Infact , it has been my point of view from the beginning when I joined here! Perhaps you forget it!

However I'm glad to see that we both now agree on this point!

@bluesky

National unity governments never ever deliver on economics.

Has never worked in the history of mankind.

Unity governments only work during national emergencies.

Unity governments require too many compromises and contains too many chiefs. You ultimately end up with chaos.

Finally, you know the old joke right?

“Put four Bangladeshis in a room. After 5 minutes of discussions you end up with five groupings”.

Have you seen how the masque committees are riven with factionalism.

E.g east London masque. I witnessed a fist fight outside an NY masque.

South Asians are very primitive when it comes to public discourse. Not much better than Trump supporters.

Remember, how everyone wanted to be president after Mujib was assassinated? Bleeding only stopped once Ershad murdered all his rivals in the military with the help of RAW.

Be thankful for Hasina. I dread the day she is no longer PM.

@UKBengali

Back
Top Bottom